Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Self Congratulary Clap Trap.

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
There`s no winning on here , lose and were moaners , win and our pride is OTT :shrug:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Jeez.

If you won the lottery you'd probably moan about how difficult it is to count all your millions.

We've just beaten the 2 teams from the 2019 Champions League final in the same week. Why can't we be happy?

And they beat the CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE just before that...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Jesus, that put's it into perspective :smile:

Who would of thought THAT on those rainy, miserable away days to northern outposts like Scunthorpe not so many years ago........

Been an amazing week to be a BHA fan. Correct to 'milk it'

Yep, feck anyone who doesn’t like it imo. That really was gutters to the stars stuff, we have not hit these heights before since Hereford. If you can’t enjoy it because you were anti the manager a few games ago, that is your problem surely.

“One swallow”, “we’re not safe yet” etc might be correct but I am loving what we’ve achieved recently. Well aware that it could turn to shit again, but I’ll worry about it when it happens not now. Hey, just maybe it won’t happen and the corner is turned and that’s my mindset at the moment

My old body is aching in these damp winter conditions, the Albion winning in style are a big upside to it :smile:

Last edited:

paulfuzz

Apr 17, 2019
Kings Lynn
“NSC never fails to make me smile. ”

And that’s why we love it ! ........We are either over the moon or sick as a parrot, as the saying goes.

Of course, now we have beaten Spurs and Liverpool it will be shocking if we don’t win every game left . :lolol::lolol:

Smile sometimes but other times grit your teeth and shake your head, but still love it!!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Jeez.

If you won the lottery you'd probably moan about how difficult it is to count all your millions.

We've just beaten the 2 teams from the 2019 Champions League final in the same week. Why can't we be happy?

I think we are.... couple of contrary folk on here like to be different but I’ve loved it of late.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
NSC has been absolutely brilliant since we beat Liverpool.

All the negative, moany, miserable gloom and doom which was polluting thread after thread has been swept away.

:albion2:

We're doomed. We just can't seem to put teams to bed. One nil wins are not acceptable. Potter out.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Ever since about 10pm on Wednesday evening this board has become awash with thread after thread, post after post, from anyone and everyone with a Brighton bias, pretty much claiming that we are now better than Barcelona.

A few improving performances including two straight wins has seen Graham Potter instantly promoted from villain to hero, and claims that pretty much our entire playing staff should be shoe ins for their national sides.

Ok so l exaggerate wildly, and yes, our performances do seem to be on the up, but doubtless defeat at Burnley on Saturday will see those very people we have been holding higher than the Pope brought crashing down to Earth again.

NSC never fails to make me smile. :bla:

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair, we had everything before us, we had nothing before us, we were all going direct to Heaven, we were all going direct the other way – in short, the period was so far like the present period, that some of its noisiest authorities insisted on its being received, for good or for evil, in the superlative degree of comparison only.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Football fans should support the club nothing’s bigger than the club. Owners managers players all come and go,

I’m confused on here sometimes to what people are actually supporting many on here got far to carried away with Mr Poyet and looked how that ended, I can see people going down the same path with Potter.

I was thinking about Gus this morning. I've been watching the Albion for 54 years and he's the only other manager that we've had who's completely transformed the playing style of the team.

There are two big differences though. First of all, it's a lot easier to transform a team in the third tier than it is in the top one - there's certainly not such a big gap between top and bottom teams for one thing, and there's less media pressure for another.
Secondly, Poyet transformed the team but was making doe eyes at every Tom, Dick and Reading while he was doing it. The fans all knew he just saw us a stepping stone. I certainly don't get that sense from Potter; I feel like he's genuinely signed up for the project. And that's why I wasn't too bothered when we were failing to win, we were always going in the right direction.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Ever since about 10pm on Wednesday evening this board has become awash with thread after thread, post after post, from anyone and everyone with a Brighton bias, pretty much claiming that we are now better than Barcelona.

A few improving performances including two straight wins has seen Graham Potter instantly promoted from villain to hero, and claims that pretty much our entire playing staff should be shoe ins for their national sides.

Ok so l exaggerate wildly, and yes, our performances do seem to be on the up, but doubtless defeat at Burnley on Saturday will see those very people we have been holding higher than the Pope brought crashing down to Earth again.

NSC never fails to make me smile. :bla:

Blimey. We have our best away win in years and a fellow fan gets the needle because a fans forum allows itself to get a little giddy after weeks of gloom.

I bet you're fun at parties. Mizzog.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
The very fact we still talk about the Forest game the Liverpool league win and 2 cup ones. Comparing results. Arsenal last season, the double. It proves the tag "little clubs like us". To other supporters our euphoria at beating Liverpool might appear to be over the top but we are fledglings still at the top table. I think that many of the previous wins were more astounding given that we do now have a far more competitive squad and the margins, apart from the values attributed, and the quality of the players are closer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here