Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Self Congratulary Clap Trap.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Makes me wonder.. what if we were top of the League winning every game. NSC would be a boring place. Good news is hardly news !! Bad news def makes a better Story !!

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Ever since about 10pm on Wednesday evening this board has become awash with thread after thread, post after post, from anyone and everyone with a Brighton bias, pretty much claiming that we are now better than Barcelona.

A few improving performances including two straight wins has seen Graham Potter instantly promoted from villain to hero, and claims that pretty much our entire playing staff should be shoe ins for their national sides.

Ok so l exaggerate wildly, and yes, our performances do seem to be on the up, but doubtless defeat at Burnley on Saturday will see those very people we have been holding higher than the Pope brought crashing down to Earth again.

NSC never fails to make me smile. :bla:

You’re ok for the unreasonable, short sighted, negative clap trap that accompanies every defeat though?

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
This run of results seems certain to end with Burnley beating us. I don't see how it can be any other way. So enjoy the change of feeling for another day because it's back to moaning Minnies soon enough.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Ever since about 10pm on Wednesday evening this board has become awash with thread after thread, post after post, from anyone and everyone with a Brighton bias, pretty much claiming that we are now better than Barcelona.

A few improving performances including two straight wins has seen Graham Potter instantly promoted from villain to hero, and claims that pretty much our entire playing staff should be shoe ins for their national sides.

Ok so l exaggerate wildly, and yes, our performances do seem to be on the up, but doubtless defeat at Burnley on Saturday will see those very people we have been holding higher than the Pope brought crashing down to Earth again.

So what? Live a little and get excited with us.

Never seen us compared with Barcelona, bigger fish to fry nowa days. [emoji109]

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011

Who pissed on your cornflakes?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Football fans are convinced that if they lose a couple of games, they will lose the next seven.
Football fans are convinced that if they win a couple of games, they will win the next seven.

Football is unpredictable which is why bookies make so much money. Enjoy the wins, moan when we lose but don’t tell other fans what they should be thinking.
Opinions are like noses, everyone’s got one.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Did anyone else think that this was going to be a warning against organising a 7pm doorstep clap for GP and the squad?

Capturesqua.JPG

Last edited:

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard

Because football is just a game and we follow it for enjoyment, it's not life or death :) So it's fun when we play like this.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
NSC has been absolutely brilliant since we beat Liverpool.

All the negative, moany, miserable gloom and doom which was polluting thread after thread has been swept away.

:albion2:

It’ll be back again.... especially if we lose badly at Burnley due to set pieces or alike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Now there’s nobody who likes a good moan more than me.................. well apart from a thousand or so posters on here but I’m finding it very difficult to raise a harumph at this moment in time. I’m excited about the Burnley game and I don’t feel it’s something I HAVE to do out of duty...

UTA

Tokyohands

Jan 5, 2017
Tokyo
The Potter and player bashing was rather OTT but I can understand, especially at this time, people generally feeling glum and not really having an outlet other than here to vent their frustrations. Some people are really fickle though aren't they, it's pretty amusing. :albion2:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Yeah, let’s suck the joy out of beating Leeds, Spurs and Liverpool and get back to moaning about everything and everyone quickly, this should be coming to screen near you soon, quite possibly during and after the Burnley game :wink:
The Gloomsters and the Doomsters, and the Shouters and the Potter-outers will no doubt be back soon enough.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
So what.....

Going to milk this for as long as it lasts personally.....we absolutely live for games like Weds and 4-game unbeaten runs without conceding a goal. We all know it’ll go tits up at some point so need to make the most of it while it’s happening

Anyway, laters. I’m off to watch MOTD again.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
So what.....

Going to milk this for as long as it lasts personally.....we absolutely live for games like Weds and 4-game unbeaten runs without conceding a goal. We all know it’ll go tits up at some point so need to make the most of it while it’s happening

Anyway, laters. I’m off to watch MOTD again.
Very true.

I don't know how Potter raises the troops again for Burnley, but maybe the return of the Mac, Veltman and first involvements for Karbownik and Moder will spark another win.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Jeez.

If you won the lottery you'd probably moan about how difficult it is to count all your millions.

We've just beaten the 2 teams from the 2019 Champions League final in the same week. Why can't we be happy?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here