Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Self Congratulary Clap Trap.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Ever since about 10pm on Wednesday evening this board has become awash with thread after thread, post after post, from anyone and everyone with a Brighton bias, pretty much claiming that we are now better than Barcelona.

A few improving performances including two straight wins has seen Graham Potter instantly promoted from villain to hero, and claims that pretty much our entire playing staff should be shoe ins for their national sides.

Ok so l exaggerate wildly, and yes, our performances do seem to be on the up, but doubtless defeat at Burnley on Saturday will see those very people we have been holding higher than the Pope brought crashing down to Earth again.

NSC never fails to make me smile. :bla:

Last edited:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Ever since about 10pm on Wednesday evening this board has become awash with thread after thread, post after post, from anyone and everyone with a Brighton bias, pretty much claiming that we are now better than Barcelona.

A few improving performances including two straight wins has seen Graham Potter instantly promoted from villain to hero, and claims that pretty much our entire playing staff should be shoe ins for their national sides.

Ok so l exaggerate wildly, and yes, our performances do seem to be on the up, but doubtless defeat at Burnley on Saturday will see those very people we have been holding higher than the Pope brought crashing down to Earth again.

NSC never fails to make me smile.

Football fans are brilliant, or terrible but nothing in between. :lolol::lolol:

Up and down like a bride's nightie.

One thing is for sure our season is in for some more ups and downs.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Oh it can quickly change! You just need to look at the rise and fall of Hughton, once he had got us up he was anointed our manager " for life" by some on here!... Things ended up more like the classic Connery / Caine film " The Man who Would be King".

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Oh it can quickly change! You just need to look at the rise and fall of Hughton, once he had got us up he was anointed our manager " for life" by some on here!... Things ended up more like the classic Connery / Caine film " The Man who Would be King".
Football fans should support the club nothing’s bigger than the club. Owners managers players all come and go,

I’m confused on here sometimes to what people are actually supporting many on here got far to carried away with Mr Poyet and looked how that ended, I can see people going down the same path with Potter.

Have a moan when things don’t go our way it’s normal behaviour and to be told your an idiot or a bad fan for not supporting the manager regardless is pathetic he might piss off in the summer for all we know.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Football fans should support the club nothing’s bigger than the club. Owners managers players all come and go,

I’m confused on here sometimes to what people are actually supporting many on here got far to carried away with Mr Poyet and looked how that ended, I can see people going down the same path with Potter.

Have a moan when things don’t go our way it’s normal behaviour and to be told your an idiot or a bad fan for not supporting the manager regardless is pathetic he might piss off in the summer for all we know.

in the 21th century it is wise to think about this as little as possible as pretty much every club is a pretty big and in many senses ugly, soulless corporation. Since Tony Bloom is a fan, this goes for Brighton in lesser extent than most club... but generally speaking fans of modern football clubs should try to think as little as possible about what they're really supporting.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
NSC has been absolutely brilliant since we beat Liverpool.

All the negative, moany, miserable gloom and doom which was polluting thread after thread has been swept away.

:albion2:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

Isn't that what NSC is all about, any old tittle tattle :rolleyes:

Reddleman

May 17, 2017

There is some truth to what you say BUT winning away at league champions Liverpool is one of the best results in our history. Coming off the back of beating Spurs and the mighty Leeds away and if we can’t get excited then we can we?

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
a:

Given that we’ve just beaten Liverpool AND Spurs and given Barca’s form (until very recently) there’s no claim about it.
Would BDB destroy Bayern too, is the real question.

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing

I think I see what you’re doing here. It’s one of those “no full stops” posts as discussed in the grammar thread on here the other day. Very difficult to read.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
“NSC never fails to make me smile. ”

And that’s why we love it ! ........We are either over the moon or sick as a parrot, as the saying goes.

Of course, now we have beaten Spurs and Liverpool it will be shocking if we don’t win every game left . :lolol::lolol:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yeah, let’s suck the joy out of beating Leeds, Spurs and Liverpool and get back to moaning about everything and everyone quickly, this should be coming to screen near you soon, quite possibly during and after the Burnley game :wink:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Shortly before, when the team's announced.

I think GP may possibly currently have enough credit in the bank from 90% of NSC for us to hold off until 5 mins into the game, but you never know :smile:

Depends if Junior has set his alarm :lolol:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here