[Albion] Seem Tottenham Fans Seem Interested In Mr Potter

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I’d rather he didn’t go to Palace...just in case he does well there. Palace need another dinosaur who won’t give youth a chance. You know someone who’ll want a fortune to spend on old journeymen

Bothroyd?

He will want journeymen after his last youth experiment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
1. Everton are currently playing in an antiquated stadium; Tottenham are in a huge, state of the art stadium.
2. Everton last one a trophy 26 years ago; Spurs have won 2 since them and appeared in a Champions League final.
3. Everton have not finished above Liverpool for 8 years; Spurs are likely to finish above Arsenal for the fifth season in a row.
4. Spurs have finished in the top 6 for 11 seasons in a row, and qualified for Champions League five times.

A better analogy would be to say Spurs are the England of the Premier League. The glory days were in the sixties, they've flattered to deceive on a number of occasions, they are excellent at qualifying and have had some world class players but always fall short when it matters.

Despite not winning stuff, Spurs are still a huge club. However, Daniel Levy is not the best chairman to work with and will not spend what it takes to challenge the clubs owner by oligarchs and middle eastern states. When he has splashed the cash he wasted it (the Bale money, Ndombele, Sissoko).

I was a little iffy about the analogy and do prefer yours, I just couldn't be bothered to think hard enough to work out a better one!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Ahh but they would learn from it and move on!
PS.

We have won three times in the league at the Amex this year!

Makes you wonder what the pundits will have to talk about during next home game.
West Ham? David Moyes? What players West Ham will want next season? Whether West Ham will get into/do well in Europe next season? Declan Rice?

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Call me naive, but I don't think he'd be interested. He's into a long term project, has allegedly just bought a new house in Hove, and he's into keeping his family in a stable environment....ie I don't think he'd want to just come home on a Sunday. He's got the backing of a supportive Chairman and CEO who he virtually interviewed before he came here ( Barber's words).

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Call me naive, but I don't think he'd be interested. He's into a long term project, has allegedly just bought a new house in Hove, and he's into keeping his family in a stable environment....ie I don't think he'd want to just come home on a Sunday. He's got the backing of a supportive Chairman and CEO who he virtually interviewed before he came here ( Barber's words).

I agree. There are too many people here who think that money is the sole motivating factor in taking a job. I've turned down jobs that have offered more money (and I know other people who have). Yes, he could get a lot more money at Spurs but he's settled here, he's said that his family is very important to him - does he really want to put them in another move (or only see them a couple of days a week). He may be on low pay compared to the rest of the PL but he's still probably in the top 0.5% earners in the country.

Even more importantly, he's working with people he gets on with, with a squad that's beginning to be shaped in his image. And he has the security of a long contract - not to be sniffed at in this business.

I could well be wrong and he'll jump at the first chance he gets but something tells me he'll stick around

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Shit seems to be getting serious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What you really mean is:

who takes this shit serious

Look at it. Talk Shite and a few clickbait tabloids desperate for the advertiser revenue written by some snotty nosed 16 year old tea boy.

Look at how much crap is generated each Silly Season (transfer window). Dunk is finalising his contract with Chelsea this week. That's after the Everton one which we were told would be signed last week and then he is nailed on to sign for Leicester next week.

And then Arsenal already have Biss's name on his shirt and squad number for next season all for a bargain bucket figure of £30m

I don't know what's worse, the idjits that trot out this crap season after season with a failure rate on their rumours of over 95%, or the numpties that believe it.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Lol. I'll have some of what you're having please. He'd be off there like a shot.
Massive club, competing for Europe every season and big spending power. I actually think we are a bit twee compared to Spurs.
The gap between Brighton & Swansea was.....well we were the Premier league club. The gap between Brighton and Spurs......massive. Anyone thinking Potter wouldn't take the job is deluded. Basket case club? People are joking? A challenge? Yes one Potter would relish. We have to hope Spurs don't come asking and someone higher up their wishlist takes the job which thinking about it is highly likely.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017

In what world would he not be interested!! Of course he would. Don't think it'd take too much to persuade him to go.

I don't think Levy would go for him just yet, though. Big risk in his current fragile position.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Lol. I'll have some of what you're having please. He'd be off there like a shot.
Massive club, competing for Europe every season and big spending power. I actually think we are a bit twee compared to Spurs.

If you are going to quote me, quote the whole statement.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm genuinely surprised that Scott Parker is shorter odds for the Spurs job than Potter, even though I know he has playing history there.

Rodgers still seems to be the betting favourite despite supposedly ruling himself out, with Espirito Santo, Rangnick and Parker all quite closely grouped before a jump in the odds to Potter.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I see today Spuds are now trying to coax Gasperini into their shitpit of lies , what a absolute waste of a brilliant managers talent that would be if the goblin convinced him to leave Atalanta .

Hilarious stuff seeing every manager they approach or even mention either suddenly extend their contract with the club they're already at or develop a disliking for London and rule themselves out .

The goblin will no doubt end up cap in hand to Poch and they will right back where they started .

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'm genuinely surprised that Scott Parker is shorter odds for the Spurs job than Potter, even though I know he has playing history there.

Rodgers still seems to be the betting favourite despite supposedly ruling himself out, with Espirito Santo, Rangnick and Parker all quite closely grouped before a jump in the odds to Potter.

I struggle to see why Rodgers would even consider the poisoned chalice that Spurs have become. Leicester may not be as big as Spurs but their recent history and squad is much better imo. No surprise he has ruled himself out.

I wonder if Bloom has been approached re Potter's availability as Spurs options really aren't looking great. Does anyone think that Parker would be a better option than GP (assuming he and Bloom don't dismiss it out of hand)? I know a few on here will offer to drive GP there, but I am asking our sensible fans on here, not the disgruntled ones who have an agenda :lolol:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

And exchanging Barber/Bloom for working under ****ing Levy?

This is Potter-Out fans accusing the manager of the same sort of short termist anti-intellectual behaviour they are guilty of.

He is probably the smartest manager working under the best owner and CEO in British football. He was loyal to Östersunds FK for years because like Bloom, he is a starter/finisher with long term projects.

You are the one on a different planet mate by assuming Potter thinks and calculates anything in the style of yourself. Spurs are the biggest joke team in the Country right now with Kane set to leave very soon. No one in their right mind (Rodgers & Potter) will give up a stable Premier League management role to join that bunch of jokers.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Oh and one more thing. Levy knows not to **** with Barber. That reason alone will put the coward off approaching us for Potter.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
And exchanging Barber/Bloom for working under ****ing Levy?

This is Potter-Out fans accusing the manager of the same sort of short termist anti-intellectual behaviour they are guilty of.

He is probably the smartest manager working under the best owner and CEO in British football. He was loyal to Östersunds FK for years because like Bloom, he is a starter/finisher with long term projects.

You are the one on a different planet mate by assuming Potter thinks and calculates anything in the style of yourself. Spurs are the biggest joke team in the Country right now with Kane set to leave very soon. No one in their right mind (Rodgers & Potter) will give up a stable Premier League management role to join that bunch of jokers.

Rubbish, I am definitely Potter in and hope he stays here for years. You me and my dog think the Spurs club is a poison chalice however if Potter lost his job here at Brighton he would probably be down to a lower league club......if he took the Spurs job there are a vast amount of opportunity to increase his profile. If it all went wrong after one season and he lost his job he would be massively paid off and he would probably be offered another Premier league job, after all Spurs is a poison chalice isn't it?

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
If he's offered it, he'll go.

But he won't be offered it

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
There is a problem for GP here in that his strikers do not score (enough) and I am not sure there is an easy solution to that.

Any Spurs he would be under much more scrutiny and if things do not go (very) well there would be plenty of criticism. Much more than at 'little' Brighton. I am not sure he would want that or react well to it.

He is secure here, he would not be at Spurs. He would take the job if offered though. Chances like that do not come around too often and now is the time given the media 'love-in' for him which is likely to evaporate once they get tired of us.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
I think he may well be offered the job but after the next manager or the one after that (so in about a year or so’s time given the way Spurs change managers).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports