Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Seem Tottenham Fans Seem Interested In Mr Potter

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
But where are the Potter out campaign, can they please correct these deluded Spurs fans who seem to think he’s a good manager?

As someone who has in the past been Potter Out I daren't say anything as when I posted a rather flippant joke about us winning once at home in a year on this thread someone decided it was a serious critique and that abuse was appropriate

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Potter told the Swansea fans he believed in their project and then promptly left for us, support your club players and managers are commodities who knows the next manager may be fantastic or a disaster either way it’s just another journey in the clubs history.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Potter told the Swansea fans he believed in their project and then promptly left for us, support your club players and managers are commodities who knows the next manager may be fantastic or a disaster either way it’s just another journey in the clubs history.
He was shafted at Swansea tbf, he was sold a pup.

We have given him everything he's wanted, apart from maybe a warchest!!

Would be hard to turn down spurs but I think it would be a mistake. Apart from kane Son and Bale they really aren't that much better than us.

Bale won't stay and Son and Kane want out !!!

As well as that they're broke and expect a top 4 finish. No wonder decent managers won't touch them with a barge pole.

stewart_weir

Mar 19, 2017
As much as I can see the lure of Spurs I don’t think Potter will go. Spurs remain something of a basket case club. If he fails there and gets the sack by Xmas his value becomes very low. I feel he will stay with us long enough to prove himself with either an upper mid table/Euro place finish next season or a trophy and a strong finish.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If he is offered the Spurs job, he will take it.

Simply, they can offer him more than we can in every possible way.

Let's just hope the rumours are true and they go for Rogers or Parker.

I can make a case for that applying to Arsenal, but you're going to have to back that statement up regarding Tottingham.

What are these ways?
every possible one of them.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
If he is offered the Spurs job, he will take it.

Simply, they can offer him more than we can in every possible way.

Let's just hope the rumours are true and they go for Rogers or Parker.

As much as I would LOVE to disagree, I simply can't. Sure, we have a great project here and a top drawer infrastructure but the football hierarchy is what it is: Spurs are a huge club with the best CF in England, a good crop of youth players that rarely get a look in and arguably the best stadium in world football.

It's a step up, simple as that, so as other have said hopefully Levy has his "big club bias" glasses on and sticks to getting a big name manager or someone who "knows the club" like Parker.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Bigger, better stadium - does that matter?
Bigger club - with further to fall.
Bigger budget - That's open to debate at the moment.
Likely to qualify for Europe - Are you sure?
Outside chance of winning the league - Now come on don't be silly.
Have world class talent & can appeal to world class talent - Do they.
Can keep their best players - I'd want that in writing.
More successful youth academy - Is it?

The manager after next at Spurs might be getting all that.
But the next man up has more than a whiff of Moyes replacing Ferguson about it, with the only downside being there was never a legacy in the first place.
Just the illusion of a legacy.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
They will aspire to have a manager with Champions league and domestic league winning experience. Which is not our GPott. If they fail in finding that sort of manager I could see them giving it to Parker, or even just keeping Mason in charge until they do find the right person. At least those 2 would be backed by the fans to a certain extent as theyre ex spurs players. Potter would be dismissed by 50% of their fans before he's stepped in the door, and the other 50% after he loses a couple of games. Potter could potentially do well for them, but I think their big team arrogance will make them stay away.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I find it quite hard to imagine Spurs will be above where they are now in a couple of years time.

Finances have taken a massive hit Even more than most in Covid.
They've got to repay the capital of a £1Bn stadium.
They won't be getting the ESL money they budgeted for, or any European money probably.
They've got 2 decent players who both want out (one of whom has increasingly unreliable ankles)
They've got a lot of very average players on high wages
One or two of these are proper toxic bell ends
They're paying off very expensive former managers

The next manager has a massive job. Personally I only see Spurs going backwards in the coming years.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Bigger, better stadium
Bigger club
Bigger budget
Likely to qualify for Europe
Outside chance of winning the league
Have world class talent & can appeal to world class talent
Can keep their best players
More successful youth academy

Plus the biggest appeal of all

A big earner for Potter himself.

The only thing, and I mean only thing, we can offer him that they can't is Tony Bloom.

To balance that here’s a reassuring devils advocate:

- He won’t get time. He’ll have one season, two if he’s lucky.

- if short term success isn’t delivered he’ll be booted.

-Adding to that Kane looks like leaving.

- And as you say, leaving a boss like Tony Bloom would be hard.

I don’t think it’s as nailed on him leaving as you think at all.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Would genuinely love to watch Spurs Twitter when they only win once at home in a year.

Ahh but they would learn from it and move on!
PS.

We have won three times in the league at the Amex this year!

Makes you wonder what the pundits will have to talk about during next home game.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Spurs have got the retractable second pitch so will do very well financially when they are allowed to host NFL matches. They also have saleable assets in Kane, Son and Alli.

However, their problem positions happen to be where Albion are strong: Lamptey, White, Dunk and Bissouma. Potter's salary will also be a fraction of what Jose was on, and this will appeal to Levy. I see the odds on Potter are narrowing and are as short as 7-1 in some places, while the odds on Espirito Santo, Rangnick and Parker above him are beginning to drift.

SAC

May 21, 2014
How come smug Eddie hasn’t been mentioned?

I would have thought he’d be all over this, unless he’s already lined up for somewhere else, Palace perhaps?

1/16 odds on favourite for Celtic
20/1 10th fav for Spurs and 3/1 2nd fav for Palace

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
To me this does all rather feel like some posters here have drunk the Spurs Coolaid.

Spurs aren't the historied club they claim to be - In many ways they are Southern Everton. (who recently caught lightening in a bottle)
Spurs currently are most definitely not the club they think they are.
In the future who knows, but because of the above the future won't come soon enough for many inside and outside of the club.

The dream is in 12 months time GPott wouldn't lower himself to manage Spurs.
The reality is in 12 months time GPott has proven himself good enough to manager a bigger club.

The possibility is in 12 months time their new manager has been sacked for not delivering, despite:-

Overhauling the first XI.
Not having Kane & Son.
Quietened down the very angry fans.
&
having a fairly nondescript season just in the top 10.

Bung all that together and GPott may well be asking for a lift and he could do rather well for himself.

I just don't see it now.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Or Palace. It's a tough one.

I’d rather he didn’t go to Palace...just in case he does well there. Palace need another dinosaur who won’t give youth a chance. You know someone who’ll want a fortune to spend on old journeymen

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here