Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Seat Numbering

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Two interpretations of that statement possibly? Indeed, we all still have the same seat numbers, just that the seat is now situated further to the left or right depending on new seating orientation? Or maybe I’m overthinking it.

The centre seats in a 28 seat row will have moved one seat width towards the aisle.... everyone else closer to the aisle will have moved less than that... down to as little as a few cms as you reach the aisle. What is all the fuss about?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
The centre seats in a 28 seat row will have moved one seat width towards the aisle.... everyone else closer to the aisle will have moved less than that... down to as little as a few cms as you reach the aisle. What is all the fuss about?

I’m not sure it’s fuss as much as people are discussing a few seating anomalies. My seat appears to have moved a few spaces towards the East Stand and it’s interesting to hear other people thinking the same.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Seat numbering at Withdean also used to cause problems, tho not in the same way exactly. Found this post from 2008 :lol:

spoke to bob the maintenance fella on saturday and it seems that they run the cctv for a couple of hours the other week and it caught crows sitting on the back of the seats pecking the numbers off.
The next plan is to put the numbers on the bottom of the seat which when up they will still be visible for the fans and when the crows sit on the seat to get to them their weight will push the seat down and frighten them away

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I’m not sure it’s fuss as much as people are discussing a few seating anomalies. My seat appears to have moved a few spaces towards the East Stand and it’s interesting to hear other people thinking the same.

And less leg room, and general room, due to bunching the seats up closer.

When the AMEX tickets first went on sale, the sales people made a big thing about how the seating, and for that matter the concourses, exceeded the minimums for occupancy. Shame this has happened.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Tricky one this, far more comfy than the likes of Burnley, old Brentford and QPR etc etc, but certainly a marked reduction in overall quality.

When the thick winter coats come out, lots of elbowage and territorial posturing.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Two interpretations of that statement possibly? Indeed, we all still have the same seat numbers, just that the seat is now situated further to the left or right depending on new seating orientation? Or maybe I’m overthinking it.

My seat is in exactly the same place but its number is about 480 less than it was before!

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
because all the seats are mounted on rails in one way the club is right that i still have my seat except they conveniently forgot to mention that it is now about a foot and a half to the right of where it was ! that i can accept happily however i am much more concerned about now rubbing shoulders actually not literally with both neighbours and i and they are not big people . about 5 rows behind me to my right is a gentleman built like giant haystacks ! goodness alone knows how he is feeling and his neighbours.
also what about all those extra people using ,in my opinion , the already cramped facilities in the upper west , not looking forward to half time when full capacity

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
They’ve added an extra 2 seats to the middle of the row in my block on the upper east. A buddy and I used to sit exactly in the middle of the row - Saturday I arrived to find 2 general sale seats between me and my east stand buddy, with each of our seats about 1.5ft further to the side than before.

View is about the same obviously but a shame they’ve separated us as we can’t really talk during the game now. A bit more squished up but that’s not a huge deal I suppose.

This was obviously always the original plan because even on the old seat numbering scheme there was a gap of “6 seats” between his seat number and mine. Lord have mercy on us when Paul barber decides to squeeze the other 4 seats in per row...

I believe the club would listen to a request for one of you to move back beside the other. The club has always been superb in my experience sorting stuff out and after all you didn't expect to be moved away from one another, given that the other two seats are for general sale, it's not a problem that involves any other parties and that should simplify things.

ChickenBaltiPie

Jan 3, 2014
When the thick winter coats come out, lots of elbowage and territorial posturing.

I thought that. We were all in T-Shirts on Saturday. Guy next to me wears the biggest imaginable heated jacket in winter and it was always a noticeable difference before the seats were moved.

we all still have the same seat numbers

‘Some’ may still have the same seat numbers, and some may not be subject to a seat move or number change at all but I noticed our seat numbers had changed on our season tickets weeks before the game and corresponded to the numbers on our seats having been changed at the stadium when we arrived too, like many, many others.

Last edited:

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
We sat next to a guy who took up half of one of our seats already. If they’re closer together, that’s going to be a bit of a mare. He wasn’t there at the weekend but I did notice I was shoulder to shoulder with the guy on the other side. Didn’t occur to me that the seats had been squeezed up - just thought I’d forgotten how tight it was.

Shame as the Amex rightly had a reputation as one of of the comfiest around.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Seats aside, I wasn’t at the game on Saturday but I have been informed the club have now done away with table service. First it was the hostesses, then the tea, never the coat rail, and now this.

What gives?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I raised this with the club and have had a prompt response saying they are aware of the issue and it should be rectified by the time of the Everton game. Now that might just be the issue of my seat or it might be the whole incorrect numbering. I would suggest that where you think your seat has moved and, in some cases separated from your companions, this should be rectified and if it isn't by the Everton game, drop them a line next week.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Did anyone else find that their seat had actually moved following the seat renumbering?

Seems in our case they've just put the wrong number on the first seat in the row (as it differs from the number shown on the ticketing website which corresponds with my season ticket) and of course all the seats following that are wrong. Didn't really impact us as we sat in the same seats as usual but could be a problem if further down the row someone has bought a one off match ticket to find the seat isn't there!!

There was at least one missing number in our row on WSU. Numbers went from 169 to 171. Luckily [MENTION=37530]monty uk[/MENTION] is on holiday [MENTION=33757]facepalm[/MENTION]:

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I thought that. We were all in T-Shirts on Saturday. Guy next to me wears the biggest imaginable heated jacket in winter and it was always a noticeable difference before the seats were moved.

‘Some’ may still have the same seat numbers, and some may not be subject to a seat move or number change at all but I noticed our seat numbers had changed on our season tickets weeks before the game and corresponded to the numbers on our seats having been changed at the stadium when we arrived too, like many, many others.

Turns out that I’ve been blissfully unaware that my seat number has changed too!

Jul 7, 2003
Seats aside, I wasn’t at the game on Saturday but I have been informed the club have now done away with table service. First it was the hostesses, then the tea, never the coat rail, and now this.

What gives?

Rumour has it that the arm rests have gone from the 1901 seats as well.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Out of interest, does anyone else’s Season Ticket keep updating, say 3 or 4 times a day? I was wondering if that was something to do with the club recalibrating the seats/numbers?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here