Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Seat Numbering

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Interesting - so many non attenders in East Stand I doubt anyone noticed if they have closed the gaps there, will take your pic and compare next time I go

I'm East lower and nothing had changed in my area at all other than my seat number was a lot lower. No extra seats squeezed in.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Here is a picture of the seats in front of me (N1H), you can see the gapping between the seats is now non existent, was an inch or so before. The seats on my row still had a gap. To be honest, I remember thinking 2 years ago extra seats could easily be fitted in the NE corner with better optimisation.

View attachment 139672

My seat number has altered by 10 numbers, from 205 to 195.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Moved 2 seats along in N1H, so I take it 2 other seats have been added in each row.

I thought the club said no one had moved seat, just the number which has changed?

I'm East lower and nothing had changed in my area at all other than my seat number was a lot lower. No extra seats squeezed in.

Interesting, so did the West Upper always have more room than us Easties than before or are they being squeezed a bit more than us now

We’re the East Stand we’re the East Stand, we’re the East stand spread out boys

mac04

Nov 15, 2011
RH12
Yes. Row N WSL, my two seat numbers had moved two seats closer to the aisle. Wasn’t the case in the row behind and as the seats either side of us were empty yesterday I’m not sure if it’s by error or design.

Same for me in WSU row A. I have moved 2 seats towards the North, but the people who sit in the row behind are in their old seats. The guy sitting in my old seat was not a STH. No idea why they decided to move me.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
"My seat" is still my seat. However, I looked a right gimp at the Getafe match as I specifically booked two tickets on the end of a row, which I took ages to find as they were actually bang, slap in the middle of a row.

I'm not sure the ticketing software and actual layout are in any way similar now.

This is true. I had to move from the family stand and now my 3 seats are in the middle of the row even though when my son arranged the move, it showed they would be on an end. It was a lovely surprise as we are now past the penalty box whereas expected to be situated closer to the north. Result!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I thought the club said no one had moved seat, just the number which has changed?

Pretty certain that still remains the case it just that someone has put the wrong number on, for example, my seat and that means all the other seats from that point on are also numbered wrong. I went on the ticket website and hovered over my seat and it is 85 which is my season ticket as shown on my phone but the number stuck to the back of the seat is 84 which doesn't exist.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
It's related to Blocks, innit? That image is one whole block. If the blocks went from aisle to aisle there'd be a variety of complications; half blocks at each end of the stand, entrances referring to two blocks, and multiple entrances for single blocks, changes to pricing - pricing is currently by block, if the blocks are shunted to match the aisles either the price changes in the middle of the same block, or ticket prices are increased costing customers more for the same seats, or prices are decreased and the club lose money.

I don't know how much of an issue each is on their own, but combined it feels simpler just to have the blocks as they currently are.

I agree. Don't really think that is an issue. The diagrams clearly show the exits in the middle so a little common sense would suggest that the blocks join in the middle of a row.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I thought there is less space between seats, although it might have been caused by some fairly OTT manspreading by the man next to me.

ChickenBaltiPie

Jan 3, 2014
Our group of ESU season ticket/seat numbers have been changed from 500+ to 80+ as a result of every seat being completely renumbered and moved anything from an unnoticeable inch or so, to an undeniable few feet.

All the seats have been bunched up considerably tighter. Before the inevitable/predictable ‘let yourself go during lock down’ snipes… I do indeed sit between two larger gentleman and I’m not exactly a small chap myself, (14% fat BTW.) It was most uncomfortable. Personally, I’m far from thrilled about it.

Everyone noticed it. Our view of the pitch had shifted so much we found ourselves staring at a different area of the pitch/West Stand.

I’d love to know how many extra seats have been added per row.

On the flip side of it, I’m very pleased that more people will be able to attend, but where were they on Saturday? Covid concerns and TV coverage aside, we all know they’ll only be filled for the ‘top six’ games and frankly, I’m not sure I would willingly sit in such discomfort for every game of the season just so the plastics can get a seat in order to support their ‘first team’ at select games.

Obviously in reality nothing to be done but have a little moan on here and then suck it up.

Last edited:

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Need to check on Saturday. My wife is on my left and slim so I didn't notice a difference. New seat buddy on my right seemed crushed up against me. Didn't put two and two together or check seat numbers, but I fear my seat that PB describes as a Premium seat in WSL therefore not eligible for concessions, has just become less Premium.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I was sat in the West Lower for the Getaffe game and thought the seats were a little cramped than before.
But my back row East Upper ST was exactly like before, lots of room.

seagull_in_malaysia

Aug 18, 2006
Reading
They’ve added an extra 2 seats to the middle of the row in my block on the upper east. A buddy and I used to sit exactly in the middle of the row - Saturday I arrived to find 2 general sale seats between me and my east stand buddy, with each of our seats about 1.5ft further to the side than before.

View is about the same obviously but a shame they’ve separated us as we can’t really talk during the game now. A bit more squished up but that’s not a huge deal I suppose.

This was obviously always the original plan because even on the old seat numbering scheme there was a gap of “6 seats” between his seat number and mine. Lord have mercy on us when Paul barber decides to squeeze the other 4 seats in per row...

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Spoke to the club this morning about my sons missing season ticket seat. They said they are aware of the problems and are heading over to the stadium today to try and work out what has gone wrong with the numbering etc. Sounded like the lady I spoke to has had quite a few calls this morning, but couldn't have been more professional, promising to sort it out and get back to me asap. For anyone wanting to call Supporter Services this morning I was waiting for about 45 mins to get through so lines are very busy.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

Two interpretations of that statement possibly? Indeed, we all still have the same seat numbers, just that the seat is now situated further to the left or right depending on new seating orientation? Or maybe I’m overthinking it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here