Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Season ticket sharing

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
Yup. For STHs who want a well-thought out and hassle-free way to legitimately transfer a ST to a My Albion+ member then it works well and what's more will save the My Albion+ member money vs. the cost of one-off tickets (even if they also pay the STHs £20 annual fee) after 2 ticket shares. Even if you only do it once / season you'd probably break even vs. the cost of match day tickets. For this group of people it works well.

For STHs who want to be able to pass their ticket to family / mates / frankly anybody they want, who actually aren't that bothered about the Albion but fancy a day at the football including the option of free (club paid) travel then admittedly it doesn't work so well. Struggling to be bothered about this second category, no matter how many times people huff, "that means my seat will be empty then!" :shrug:

Yep :thumbsup:

Martlet

Jul 15, 2003
So.... I thought the sharing scheme sounded ok - although like many, I was surprised when I had to pay £20 to do it, and then my dad had to pay £25 to receive it. But we did it anyway.

That was until I tried last night to transfer my (adult) ticket to my dad for the Watford game, as we're on holiday, and was told I couldn't do it as "You have selected an invalid number of tickets either for this ticket owner, at this price type, or for this event."

I assume as he is a senior and I'm an adult, the transfer is jarring - but this can't make sense can it? I've emailed the club and been told they will get back to me "in 5 working days". Thanks.....

Anyone else having a similar experience?

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
I’ve already got tickets on the Exchange but really don’t think the clubs tickets will sell out for the matches I can’t make. I’m not keen to pay £20 for someone else to use something I’ve already paid for. Sadly I don’t know anyone willing to pay it so they can use the ticket. Which means my seat in all possibility will be empty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snap - missing first 2 home games and listed on ticket exchange - people aren't willing to pay £45 start up fee then my ticket on top for perhaps 2/3 games a season

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
In my opinion the "I'll leave my seat empty" fans who object to paying £20 are cutting of their nose to spite their face.
If you leave the seat empty v Watford that's one chance to get some money back missed already.

Any matches I miss I will be listing on the exchange but given the matches currently on sale don't look like they'll sell out it means my seat won't sell. The few occasions in the past I've used the exchange my seat hasn't sold so there will be empty seats. The club could do a couple of simple things: remove the £20 sharing fee for STH or make it so exchange tickets are listed for sale before the clubs tickets sell out.

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
What might be interesting is a poll about how fans got to see their first game. Because this is the sort of thing that will put newcomers off.

The point is that many people go on because their parents buy them a ticket or because they fancy going on so buy themselves a ticket; but other people go on because their friend gives them a season ticket so it costs them nothing. How many people are like that?

Because this system will make the club money from the admin fees, but it will cost them money because potential fans do not pay the £48 fee to register and transfer. It's all very well saying "they aren't fans, so stuff 'em" like someone did earlier in the thread; but that's not a way to grow the fan base, is it. I would have thought that giving free tickets to adults, via the informal way of season ticket sharing, was possibly the best way to get adults with little current interest in the club to start coming.

It does work. My mother had no interest in baseball whatsoever. Then I took her to a game just once while on holiday, and she was hooked - we went several times on baseball holidays after that. Same with football.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
You must know someone on who's an Albion+ member though, or if not just get one of the aforementioned to sign up. That way on the occasions that your ticket isn't being used, you can just transfer it, but rather than forward the email containing the print-at-home ticket to the named Albion+ member, you just give it to whoever out of your non-Albion-fan mates that can make it.

I’m in a similar position - get to most games, all my F&F already have STs so anyone using my ticket in the past would have only done so once or twice a season.

When does the ‘NSC Albion+ members seeking match tickets’ thread start ??????

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
So.... I thought the sharing scheme sounded ok - although like many, I was surprised when I had to pay £20 to do it, and then my dad had to pay £25 to receive it. But we did it anyway.

That was until I tried last night to transfer my (adult) ticket to my dad for the Watford game, as we're on holiday, and was told I couldn't do it as "You have selected an invalid number of tickets either for this ticket owner, at this price type, or for this event."

I assume as he is a senior and I'm an adult, the transfer is jarring - but this can't make sense can it? I've emailed the club and been told they will get back to me "in 5 working days". Thanks.....

Anyone else having a similar experience?

Hopefully they will get back to you much quicker than this. I have emailed the club twice quickly ... they came back in 24/48 hours with the replies coming as late as gone 9pm ... so they are working hard to get back to people on issues like this :thumbsup:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I’m in a similar position - get to most games, all my F&F already have STs so anyone using my ticket in the past would have only done so once or twice a season.

When does the ‘NSC Albion+ members seeking match tickets’ thread start ??????

That’s actually not a bad idea. Seeing as though transfer to Albion+ members is both legal and club endorsed, I can’t imagine they’d have a problem with such a thread existing on NSC.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Unfortunately the new ticket will have the name of the person you originally wanted to transfer it to on it. They’d still need photo id etc to get in and that won’t match unless they happen to be identical twins.

ID is only for cross check against your Covid pass. I imagine that they’ll reserve the right to check ID and match ticket, but only implement it if someone’s being a dick.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Any matches I miss I will be listing on the exchange but given the matches currently on sale don't look like they'll sell out it means my seat won't sell. The few occasions in the past I've used the exchange my seat hasn't sold so there will be empty seats. The club could do a couple of simple things: remove the £20 sharing fee for STH or make it so exchange tickets are listed for sale before the clubs tickets sell out.

I am happy enough to pay the £20s myself to register my brothers, my son, my nephew and some of my old school pals so I can direct my second ticket to them when Mrs T (the nameholder of my second season ticket) can't go (which is most of the time). However it has been problematic. My son has done what he needed to do but both my bothers are useless pillocks when it comes to tech and me and Mrs T have spend hours logging in and out under different names trying to set them up. We still aren't there and I expect Mts T's seat will be empty most of this season despite my having friends and family who would like to attend. The liklihood is I will give up Mrs T's ticket next year.

And the parking....well one poster has kindly offered to help when I can buy a ticket, but having to ensure I get in early to secure parking for every game is another steaw....I can see the unthinkable approaching - my joining the massed ranks of the armchair fan.

It isn't about money for me. It's about ease of purchase, ease of transfer and security of expectations. Am I 'entitled'? I don't think so.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I am happy enough to pay the £20s myself to register my brothers, my son, my nephew and some of my old school pals so I can direct my second ticket to them when Mrs T (the nameholder of my second season ticket) can't go (which is most of the time). However it has been problematic. My son has done what he needed to do but both my bothers are useless pillocks when it comes to tech and me and Mrs T have spend hours logging in and out under different names trying to set them up. We still aren't there and I expect Mts T's seat will be empty most of this season despite my having friends and family who would like to attend. The liklihood is I will give up Mrs T's ticket next year.

And the parking....well one poster has kindly offered to help when I can buy a ticket, but having to ensure I get in early to secure parking for every game is another steaw....I can see the unthinkable approaching - my joining the massed ranks of the armchair fan.

It isn't about money for me. It's about ease of purchase, ease of transfer and security of expectations. Am I 'entitled'? I don't think so.

On the occasions when Mrs T can’t go, just transfer the ticket to your son regardless of who is actually going. The club will still send the email containing the print-at-home and electric ticket to Mrs T, she can forward that email on to whomever.

*this is based on assumption that photo ID is only required for Covid pass.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
ID is only for cross check against your Covid pass. I imagine that they’ll reserve the right to check ID and match ticket, but only implement it if someone’s being a dick.

I suppose at that point you weigh up the risk. I imagine the club are going to take a grim view of people sharing tickets but not following the process, if caught you run the risk of losing your season ticket and not getting a refund etc. I suppose it depends on chances of random ID checks, personally I wouldn’t risk it but it’s up to each individual. We will know more about what the checks are like after this weekend.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
On the occasions when Mrs T can’t go, just transfer the ticket to your son regardless of who is actually going. The club will still send the email containing the print-at-home and electric ticket to Mrs T, she can forward that email on to whomever.

*this is based on assumption that photo ID is only required for Covid pass.

Yep. The recent announcements from the club suggest that COVID pass is to be matched with an ID. No suggestion that season ticket needs to be produced at that stage.

When entering the stadium itself I gather only a ticket is required and no further ID check

Season ticket holders, I also believe that each game will have a separate e-ticket. If this is the case you should be able to forward the email to whomever and they won’t need to prove that the ticket matches their ID unless a spot check is required.

Risky but not impossible.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
If I can't make just 1 match this season to pass on my 2 tickets (me and kid) is a total of £86 (my fees and their memberships). Cheaper to buy season ticket guest tickets at a total of £56 (for a grade B match) and list mine on exchange in the hope they sell.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
For a non-transferrable ticket you've paid for (at a heavily-discounted rate).

Can we just put on record that there will be LOADS of empty seats for the first few matches - there always is in August and September. Nothing to do with new rules. Thanks.

Heavily discounted? Do me a favour mate - don’t fall for that spin. Barbs would love you working for him. If they tried to charge those match prices every game the ground would be half full - twenty’s plenty!

Non-transferable - you do realise that’s always been the term but the club (like all clubs) literally turn a blind eye and have said that for ages - it’s a term to cover their arse. You’ve been well and truly sucked in by the spin there Wozzzzzzzz…

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Yup. For STHs who want a well-thought out and hassle-free way to legitimately transfer a ST to a My Albion+ member then it works well and what's more will save the My Albion+ member money vs. the cost of one-off tickets (even if they also pay the STHs £20 annual fee) after 2 ticket shares. Even if you only do it once / season you'd probably break even vs. the cost of match day tickets. For this group of people it works well.

For STHs who want to be able to pass their ticket to family / mates / frankly anybody they want, who actually aren't that bothered about the Albion but fancy a day at the football including the option of free (club paid) travel then admittedly it doesn't work so well. Struggling to be bothered about this second category, no matter how many times people huff, "that means my seat will be empty then!" :shrug:

Just to share the second group you are not that bothered about is exactly how I became a hooked Albion fan and ST holder.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Heavily discounted? Do me a favour mate - don’t fall for that spin. Barbs would love you working for him. If they tried to charge those match prices every game the ground would be half full - twenty’s plenty!

Non-transferable - you do realise that’s always been the term but the club (like all clubs) literally turn a blind eye and have said that for ages - it’s a term to cover their arse. You’ve been well and truly sucked in by the spin there Wozzzzzzzz…

It's 2021, not 1989. It's Premier League, not League Two. Get a grip.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Sorry folks another quick question? I've successfully managed to share my brother in law's adult ticket to my 6 year old and it's sitting nicely in my Google pay next to my season ticket. However, the shared ticket for my son still says ' adult '. Is that an issue and should that have changed in the sharing process as obvious that I was sharing to a new junior member? Just wanted to avoid any faff at the turnstile. Alternatively, is this not an issue and it just shows ' adult ' as the original season ticket is adult and the scan process will know it's been been shared to a junior?

And presumably my 6 year requires no form of ID?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Sorry folks another quick question? I've successfully managed to share my brother in law's adult ticket to my 6 year old and it's sitting nicely in my Google pay next to my season ticket. However, the shared ticket for my son still says ' adult '. Is that an issue and should that have changed in the sharing process as obvious that I was sharing to a new junior member? Just wanted to avoid any faff at the turnstile. Alternatively, is this not an issue and it just shows ' adult ' as the original season ticket is adult and the scan process will know it's been been shared to a junior?

And presumably my 6 year requires no form of ID?

Under 12s don’t need photo id at all. Will say adult as original ticket is adult, it’s fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here