Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Season ticket sharing

albionite

May 20, 2009
I'm surprised some people ARE annoyed by this. It's £20!

For the odd game that I can't go, I will transfer my seat to one of my lads who are both Albion+ members anyway as they will buy ad hoc tickets for home games when they are able.

If the 'fan' you'd like to pass your ticket to can't be bothered to pay the £28 (or just £25 if they set it up as an annual Direct Debit) - they're not much of a fan!

Great for you and your kids, for others who don’t have that option the seats will go empty.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
Great for you and your kids, for others who don’t have that option the seats will go empty.

I don't understand the 'not having an option'!

If someone is interested in having the ticket for a game you can't attend - and possibly more than one game - £25 is cheaper than buying a ticket from the club.

And why will the seat be empty? If you don't want to pay the £20 for the sharing option, put it on the exchange!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yes but no one will buy them if club doesn’t sell out their own tickets first. Which they haven’t .

If we are getting results on the pitch, once Covid worries ebb away, I think we’ll see the lure of EPL football at the Amex return and genuine sell outs. It may take awhile due to those worries for some and a small percentage seem very negative about the NHS Covid Pass requirement.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
But haven't they already had the money for the seat anyhow via the ST payment?

Yes - they have. And that’s what’s pissing me off.

The club get an extra £20 because you can’t go. The other option is to put it on the exchange which only kicks in if general sale tickets have sold out. Which I’d be amazed if it did because of COVID and parking restrictions.

I’ve had to put my Everton ticket on the exchange. In past years I’d have just given it to a friend. Yes - I know it’s “illegal” but there didn’t seem to be any problem for the last 10 years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
The exchange will work for matches against Big 6 clubs and all the local plastics buying tickets but for the other matches I’m not hopeful for sell outs. Really wished club would revise the policy of not selling exchange tickets until they’ve sold all their own first (especially as there seems to be more match day tickets available due to the extra seats).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Pre covid, I used the exchange a lot when away for holidays and without fail I always got a welcome credit to my bank account.

For a run-of-the-mill NS seat, any EPL opponent.

It works.

That’s good to know. Hopefully the same for this season.

Previously my seat hadn’t sold when on the exchange but I live in hope.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Is your seat in an appealing part of the stadium?

I’m central-ish NS, I’m guessing a wide demographic like it.

I’m east lower so guessing that’s not very desirable!

Hopefully we win a few home games and folks get eager for matches and it will sell when I can’t make it. Only a few games I can’t do.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I don't understand the 'not having an option'!

If someone is interested in having the ticket for a game you can't attend - and possibly more than one game - £25 is cheaper than buying a ticket from the club.

And why will the seat be empty? If you don't want to pay the £20 for the sharing option, put it on the exchange!

Ticket exchange not possible if Albion have not sold all there tickets. Surprisingly 1500 plus still available for Watford game

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
So I pay another £20 and they pay £28 for membership on a ticket I have already paid for. Doesn't make sense to me the admin costs are negligible if automated and why do they need to be members if I am vouching for them and again the admin costs are negligible. my seat is going to be empty until the rates in Brighton go down. That can't be doing teh club any favours if tehy are looking to build up core support numbers.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I paid the £20 on both our tickets as soon as the option was available.

We’re not going to the first 4 games, so will be passing them on or putting them on the exchange if I can’t find anyone to use them.

1 has gone to a mate for three of the games. He often used other peoples tickets when they couldn’t go but was also a member for games when everyone he knew was going and he still wanted to go. Thus, no extra cost to him and I’m happy to pass it on to him to use like I would have done last season.

Simple system. I hope they keep it going forwards or just revert to being able to hand them over without the £20 fee.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
So I pay another £20 and they pay £28 for membership on a ticket I have already paid for. Doesn't make sense to me the admin costs are negligible if automated and why do they need to be members if I am vouching for them and again the admin costs are negligible. my seat is going to be empty until the rates in Brighton go down. That can't be doing teh club any favours if tehy are looking to build up core support numbers.

Agree tell Barber

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It’s a joke tbh - £45 and £25 per different person. No other prem team doing it that I know of - tickets can still just be passed on. We will see thousands of empty seats a game now I genuinely feel. It depends on circumstances yes, and I can’t be arsed to argue the point, but to take a friend to the odd match your season ticket friends can’t make - it makes it very expensive and a kick in the teeth for those who have always supported the club AND attracted new fans.

I will not change my opinion on this and it is plain money grabbing and not thinking of the fans or the bums on seats etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here