Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Season ticket sharing

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
I may be talking absolute crap but unless the club has integrated its ticketing system into the National test and trace system, then how will the club even know that a fan has subsequently tested positive?

I don't know how this might work - but a mate who tested positive a couple of months back had to go through a process of identifying people he'd been in contact with ... where he'd been etc ... for track and trace. So maybe if someone who has been to a game tests positive - the T&T process might pick it up via the club and identify who might have been sat near them ... so those people can then get tested themselves. I'm guessing here ... but surely there must be some sort of process like that.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Not sure it works that way. The season ticket on my phone automagically updates for each game and even if I were to lend my phone to someone else they'd still have to show photo ID at the turnstiles. So unless you've got a twin brother ...

My photo ID was not even given a 2nd glance at the Getafe match even though i had my friends ticket and his Covid pass. They seemed to be in such a hurry to get people moving, and that was only with 7000.

When the stadium is full I expect people will be largely waved through if past experience is anything to go by. And I include my experience at Wembley at the Euro's in this. Never once had my ID checked in 3 visits. I was just waved through.

Simply put, if you want to pass on a ticket to a trusted friend if you can't go, I'm pretty sure you'll have no problem and it won't cost you anything extra (as long as your friend is trust worthy). As long as you have been double jabbed yourself it seems a simple solution. Seems too many people worrying about very little, unless you don't have a trust worthy friend.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
But then no other club has to pay for travel to and from the stadium for all home and away supporters that use it for the past 10 years either and into the foreseeable future too. There is a limit to what the club can keep paying for in the face of multi-million pound loses plus supporters demanding a PL quality squad.

Anyone would think this charge is compulsory. It's optional. If I want to go and see Spurs on a borrowed ST, I look forward to Daniel Levy paying for my travel costs around London.

I don’t use the travel - but don’t think we’ll agree on this one…!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
My photo ID was not even given a 2nd glance at the Getafe match even though i had my friends ticket and his Covid pass. They seemed to be in such a hurry to get people moving, and that was only with 7000.

When the stadium is full I expect people will be largely waved through if past experience is anything to go by. And I include my experience at Wembley at the Euro's in this. Never once had my ID checked in 3 visits. I was just waved through.

Simply put, if you want to pass on a ticket to a trusted friend if you can't go, I'm pretty sure you'll have no problem and it won't cost you anything extra (as long as your friend is trust worthy). As long as you have been double jabbed yourself it seems a simple solution. Seems too many people worrying about very little, unless you don't have a trust worthy friend.

My ID was checked quite closely to my Covid pass at the Getafe game.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Can’t see the club letting [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] have something like that on here……would be potentially taking revenue from the club :shrug::shrug:
What if it were a Facebook group? There's already a reselling page for selling BHA merch? In theory it would encourage more people to sign up as members/pay the £20 to resell their ticket so the club would gain revenue that way?

On a different theme, I see from the on sale dates that Season ticket holders do still get a guest ticket as a 'perk'. Presumably they can only buy for members or is that not the case?

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
What if it were a Facebook group? There's already a reselling page for selling BHA merch? In theory it would encourage more people to sign up as members/pay the £20 to resell their ticket so the club would gain revenue that way?

On a different theme, I see from the on sale dates that Season ticket holders do still get a guest ticket as a 'perk'. Presumably they can only buy for members or is that not the case?

I strongly suspect a few groups might pop up, but one on here would be good if it was ‘acceptable’……. [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] ?

You can get a STH guest ticket for anyone

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
I strongly suspect a few groups might pop up, but one on here would be good if it was ‘acceptable’……. [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] ?

You can get a STH guest ticket for anyone
Agreed.

Can you definitely buy a guest for non members - I don't know where to look to find out?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
DO fans receive a notification when alternative season tickets are sent out?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
To avoid me waiting on the phone for another hour with supporter services can anyone tell me how I add ticket sharing to an existing season ticket? I’m probably missing it but cannot see how to do that online?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here