Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Season Ticket Renewal ...

Bedsex

not my real name
Jan 29, 2009
Flitwick
Thanks all for your responses. The added complication is that we are currently in the East family stand and in 3 years time (when my eldest daughter returns from Uni), my youngest will be over 18, so we’ll be forced to move seats anyway (and she may be heading off to Uni herself).

I’ll speak with the club, but think that I’ll have to let my eldest daughter’s season ticket lapse at the end of this season and then try to find 2 or 3 seats elsewhere when we’re forced to move in 3 years’ time.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It varies by competition and, very possibly, stage of the competition.

But it's certainly the case that there would be some instances where both STHs and 1901ers are unable to use "their seat" for a game.

Maybe we shouldn't be worrying too much about this just yet!
Okay dokey. I was just curious more than anything. It will be a nice problem to have.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Just did the calculations and, even with the eldest Bobkin Jnr going to U21 from U18, it now works out at just over £60 a game for three of us. Given what we've seen so far this season (aside from Saturday and the Villa game), I'd say that's pretty decent value for money :thumbsup:

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
Re plastic (non digital) ST cards. As these are the same ones i.e. not a physical new card why does the club feel a need to charge £20? Also no mention in renewal pack unless its a sort of 'add on' when you pay?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Do you know if that includes going from adult to U10 STH? My son now comes instead of my wife so be nice to get the cheaper ticket!
Should be, yes.

Last time it was offered it worked similarly well for me. My daughter was going to university and my U-12 son was going to come instead.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Re plastic (non digital) ST cards. As these are the same ones i.e. not a physical new card why does the club feel a need to charge £20? Also no mention in renewal pack unless its a sort of 'add on' when you pay?
They are physical cards with photo ID for those that don't have or don't want to use smartphones (my Dad used to have one). Presumably because there would be high admin overheads cost - difficult to process - they want to nudge even more people to the free mobile ticketing option and because they've given fans lots of notice that this is coming. I think its also waived for disabled fans.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
I gave up my season ticket for this season and have used the spare time to follow lower league games in addition to following the Albion as best I can.

I am three years away from my state pension age and will hopefully get a season ticket again with the reduced rate

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Hard to understand apart from wanting to increase revenue. Same as charging to print a ticket at home which I got caught out with when taking an 87 year old without a phone recently

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Hard to understand apart from wanting to increase revenue. Same as charging to print a ticket at home which I got caught out with when taking an 87 year old without a phone recently
?? How much revenue do you actually make in processing (by hand) the ad hoc production of a Albion ticket with photo iD. ? (And then the checks required to let you in through the turnstiles)

It’s to stem losses, reduce time spent on this by supporter services / stewards and nudge people towards the free option.
Come on. Got to be Far far Easier ways of increasing revenue if that’s the intention.
Perhaps it’s the right thing to do to carry on subsidising this ? But it’s hardly a money maker .

PS I took my 86 year old Dad on Saturday. He doesn’t have a smartphone. So I downloaded his ticket to my phone - which you’re perfectly able to do.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

I'm not convinced it's a cash grab in any way - the club has haemorrhaged tens of millions of pounds, season after season.

I would hazard a guess that the logistics involved in the design, manufacture, supply and fulfilment of a small volume of cards is quite expensive.

For those very few people who legitimately don't own a phone, it would be possible to buy one for not much more than £20 charge.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I'm not convinced it's a cash grab in any way - the club has haemorrhaged tens of millions of pounds, season after season.

I would hazard a guess that the logistics involved in the design, manufacture, supply and fulfilment of a small volume of cards is quite expensive.

For those very few people who legitimately don't own a phone, it would be possible to buy one for not much more than £20 charge.
People have had the same card since Amex opened. No additional expense and certainly no extra checks on entrance .
Matter of interest perhaps you could tell me where and what make I can get a phone for a relative for £20. and would this involve a monthly charge

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
To answer the OP I’d say renew as usual and pay the £20 for season ticket sharing. Your daughter will be back for Christmas, Easter, and at home before the start of academic year in Aug and Sept etc. When she isn’t around do Exchange or transfer it to friends etc.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
People have had the same card since Amex opened. No additional expense and certainly no extra checks on entrance .
Matter of interest perhaps you could tell me where and what make I can get a phone for a relative for £20. and would this involve a monthly charge
Ask any younger relatives for an old smartphone they’ve upgraded from or replaced that is knocking around in a drawer. My tickets are on a 6 year old Android phone with a cracked screen which doesn’t have a simcard and that works absolutely fine.

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
I would argue its also MORE secure with a plastic card and your photo on it than a mobile phone. Clearly to print a ticket at home on your own electricity printer and paper and charge you extra for the privilege is nothing but a money making exercise! Unfortunately in this world we live in if you dont conform to the norm you pay extra often

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here