Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Season ticket renewal letters

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
I am a pensioner, ex-pat, and I could get a season ticket for what? 30 quid a month? I'll have some of that. Might only make 2 games a season but I will be supporting my team.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I think the real crunch time will be in 14 or 15 months when the 1901ers who signed up for 5 years have to decide if they're going to renew for another 5 years. The worse case scenario is a third of STHs not renewing with the majority of them opting to attend those matches that they might find entertaining.

Bruntburger

Mar 9, 2009
Peacehaven
I'm not renewing. Season ticket just guarantees you the same seat. Stadium is big enough to get a ticket for any game you like. As crowds go down, you'll be able to walk over and sit in the empty seats anywhere anyway.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
The club see's us as customers not fans. That's far enough, but as a customer I am far from happy with the product as I do not feel it's value for money and I am being mugged off. I will still come to games, the same as I have for the last 35years+ but I am not going to commit myself to paying a monthly sum out of my bank account, to line the pockets of people not fit to run a pub team. You want customers Mr Barber, you got um!!!!

Richard Tiltmans Shin Pad

Rustingtons' Mr Guiness
Jan 10, 2012
North Stand, Row Q
As it does not look likely that the mighty B&HA will be romping into the promised land this season, I shall renew. The inevitable price hike could well have been the end for me.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
For me it's a question of affordability. So I always have to wait. I'm not bothered about which league we are in. Except in footballing terms, of course.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Nice to know where you were pre-2011 then.

Yep season ticket holder at withdean. Gillingham regular and The Goldstone. HOWEVER time moves on. My own target now for BHA with the wonderful stadium is champ minimum. I work with targets every day so there is one of mine for Barber if he wants my custom. Im fed up with noddy football.

We are long past journeymen donkeys hoofing it round an athletics track at the ******** end of football grateful that we have a club to support.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
The club see's us as customers not fans. That's far enough, but as a customer I am far from happy with the product as I do not feel it's value for money and I am being mugged off. I will still come to games, the same as I have for the last 35years+ but I am not going to commit myself to paying a monthly sum out of my bank account, to line the pockets of people not fit to run a pub team. You want customers Mr Barber, you got um!!!!

That's about where I am and others I know.

They have f**cked up big time over the last 18 months and put us in full reverse. Don't deserve my money up front.

I'll be going to 75% of games, might miss a fair few midweek games and just pick where I want to sit on a match by match basis.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
At the Goldstone you didn't need a season ticket
At WITHDEAN you didn't need a season ticket
At The Amex 1st season YOU NEEDED A SEASON TICKET (18,000 seats only) or you'd miss the most exciting season in the clubs history, pretty much every game close to sell out tickets were like gold dust

2nd SEASON at the Amex, stadium still not fully built(limited availability) club still riding on the crest of a wave plus prem league looming
YOU NEEDED A SEASON TICKET

3rd and 4th season at Amex still good sales of season tickets due to free direct debit and working out cheaper team match by match ticket so most of us didn't bother cancelling as you don't notice it coming out of bank

5th season at the Amex DO YOU NEED A SEASON TICKET now
Amex honeymoon over, 30,000 seats never gonna sell out, possible 3rd tier football (Scunthorpe at home on a Tuesday night ) even if we stay up do you need to commit to £500 for the season when you could pick & choose 10 games for half the price
10 Saturday games at 3pm and maybe spend the other £250 on away tickets where most find it more enjoyable than at the Amex anyway

Last edited:

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
I'm not renewing. Season ticket just guarantees you the same seat. Stadium is big enough to get a ticket for any game you like. As crowds go down, you'll be able to walk over and sit in the empty seats anywhere anyway.

Season ticket also puts you higher up the queue regarding tickets for in-demand away matches.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
At the Goldstone you didn't need a season ticket
At WITHDEAN you didn't need a season ticket
At The Amex 1st season YOU NEEDED A SEASON TICKET (18,000 seats only) or you'd miss the most exciting season in the clubs history, pretty much every game close to sell out tickets were like gold dust

2nd SEASON at the Amex, stadium still not fully built(limited availability) club still riding on the crest of a wave plus prem league looming
YOU NEEDED A SEASON TICKET

3rd and 4th season at Amex still good sales of season tickets due to free direct debit and working out cheaper team match by match ticket so most of us didn't bother cancelling as you don't notice it coming out of bank

5th season at the Amex DO YOU NEED A SEASON TICKET now
Amex honeymoon over, 30,000 seats never gonna sell out, possible 3rd tier football (Scunthorpe at home on a Tuesday night ) even if we stay up do you need to commit to £500 for the season when you could pick & choose 10 games for half the price
10 Saturday games at 3pm and maybe spend the other £250 on away tickets where most find it more enjoyable than at the Amex anyway
You come across as someone full of hate. Why is that? If you hate my club so much why do you post on here? Haven't you got anything better to do?

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
You come across as someone full of hate. Why is that? If you hate my club so much why do you post on here? Haven't you got anything better to do?

What you talking about you dopey thick twit
Just saying if the ground is now 30,000 people don't need a season ticket as it's never gonna sell out like in the days of the goldstone and Withdean
The first season at the Amex everyone wanted a season ticket as there was only 18,000 seats(exciting new chapter in clubs history lots of people wanted to be part of it)

Where in my post is there any hate towards YOUR CLUB?

Last edited:

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
The only time I ever felt I needed a season ticket at the goldstone was in 1979 our first season in the old first division as you knew there would lots of sold out games , after that season you didn't need a season ticket as the crowds started to drop off

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I'd imagine the club are happy for so many of you to be ditching your season tickets but still attending most games and buying individual tickets, as that is surely the most expensive way to watch the Albion, what with the full price plus booking fee.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here