Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Season Ticket prices going up...

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I still can't fathom why people EXPECT a price rise if we're promoted when there'd be four less games per season.

ropey9

Feb 25, 2009
Whatever the increase - I don't see why there would then be an additional increase if we are promoted.

There would be an automatic increase by way of there being 4 less home games - approx 17.5%

This only applies to season ticket costs - match by match tickets I would expect to increase in proportion - or be categorised depending on opposition.

Working with a 10% increase in ticket prices regardless of promotion, I would then expect the additional 17.5% increase to be applied if promoted, this would increase the East Stand match by match £37 ticket price to £48 - how does this compare to other premier league ticket costs?

Match day costs would decrease, transport, stewarding, etc by the same percentage - so quite a significant saving. Will there be an appropriate reduction in the transport levy - unlikely.

The only increase in cost is in playing staff / coaching wages - which I would hope would be amply covered by the massive increase in TV revenue.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
North Stand is to be re-numbered from the Huddersfield game next week with new cards being sent out during the week, also other changes in the e-mail sent to all North STHs but I can't remember them.

That's some of the changes, whether that's all the changes for now I've no idea.

Oh and on prices, expect dynamic pricing so match-by-match tickets might actually get cheaper.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
When does the electronic programme get published

Hopefully they will talk about cheap tickets for students as well particularly for games like Barnsley on a Tuesday night.

el punal

As it stands at the moment I'm paying £21.30 per match on my season ticket (£490), which includes subsidised travel saving me another £6.00+/- per game. If the increase was to be 10%, for example, that would equate to an extra £2.13 per match (£23.43). I think I could live with that, maybe have one less pint in the concourse bar!

But the bottom line is, for me, a fantastic day out watching and enjoying the team I love - you can't put a price on that.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The season ticket renewal cycle is such that these things are resolved well before the end of the preceding season.

The Albion aren't unique in that.

True.

I estimate 3% plus a further increment in the clawback of the travel subsidy. Not sure what that totals as a %age on say a £450 current s/t cost.

I still think fair enough, for a magnificent stadium, good football at times, and to help TB on the operations side.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
The cheapest ticket to watch Brighton v Palace is £28. Ipswich would charge you £34, so you are wrong

Why are Ipswich selling tickets for Brighton v Palace? Barber will do his f***ing nut.

mrjon1976

Found bliss in ignorance
Jul 25, 2011
gravesend
North Stand is to be re-numbered from the Huddersfield game next week with new cards being sent out during the week, also other changes in the e-mail sent to all North STHs but I can't remember them.

That's some of the changes, whether that's all the changes for now I've no idea.

Oh and on prices, expect dynamic pricing so match-by-match tickets might actually get cheaper.

What email is this? Am a north stand STH and haven't heard of anything.....

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011

Last week I had my seat number tattooed. This better not be true.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here