Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Season Ticket prices going up...

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
I get that, can't remember when it was announced last season and did it come in 2 prices? So do they say its x amount in the championship but if we go up it will be y

Yes that's what I was thinking would happen.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
So the most expensive team in the league to support gets more expensive.

I think less than £20 a match for a large number of season ticket holders is not anywhere near the most expensive. The research done elsewhere also suggests we are not the most expensive, what are you refering to? Is it just the pies?

Season tickets across England went up by nearly 12% on average last year, ours didn't go up at all :shrug:

_63556613_bbc_championship_infographicnew.jpg

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I used to dread the annual Withdean renewal notices in February/March.

It made it seem all the more like we were never going to leave the place. That, and they kept going up, for the worst facilities in the entire league.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Did you even read it? The cheapest season tickets at Leeds, Hull & Middlesbrough are dearer than us even with the transport levy on ours, if you take off the levy (£46) then add to that Palace, Ipswich & Wolves. So there are 6 teams more expensive to watch than the Albion.

Why should I take off the transport levy when I pay it 3 times over, and 3 friends pay it too, AND we pay handsomely for a car parking space?

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Did you even read it? The cheapest season tickets at Leeds, Hull & Middlesbrough are dearer than us even with the transport levy on ours, if you take off the levy (£46) then add to that Palace, Ipswich & Wolves. So there are 6 teams more expensive to watch than the Albion.

Yes, I was going by the 'cheapest day out' column where we are the most expensive. Even if you take say £5 out or travel to/from Brighton we are still one of the most expensive.

I think it's fair to include the transport levy. I don't need to pay for transport anyway, my train season ticket covers that journey and there is no way for me to claim the cost back.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Why should I take off the transport levy when I pay it 3 times over, and 3 friends pay it too, AND we pay handsomely for a car parking space?

I didn't ask you to take the transport levy off did I? I pointed out that with it on we are still not the dearest, and if you remove it (for those who do benefit from it), we are far away from being the most expensive.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Yes, I was going by the 'cheapest day out' column where we are the most expensive. Even if you take say £5 out or travel to/from Brighton we are still one of the most expensive.

I think it's fair to include the transport levy. I don't need to pay for transport anyway, my train season ticket covers that journey and there is no way for me to claim the cost back.

Oh, I see, well I was going by what it costs to follow the Albion, which does not make us the most expensive.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

Basically worthless figures when nearly 90% of the Albion crowd don't pay those amounts.

But we've said that time and again on here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here