Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Season-defining week (and a bit)?

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Pretty sure a fair few referred to the Fulham game as pretty "defining".

Obviously the cup is win or bust, but results in the other two won't define our season, IMO. Fully expecting a turgid 1-1 against THEM, as much as all logic suggests otherwise.
Ofc but quite frankly, and with full respect to Grimsby, if we can't beat a team mid table in league 2 at the Amex, we don't deserve to go to Wembley and fair play to them.

It would be embarrassing more than disappointment.

They'll be parking the bus for sure.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I am conscious I need to re-calibrate my longstanding Albion expectations ....... and this could be a brilliant week, and why not ? I mean. We're good!
But hold fire DKM. It’s only Friday……don’t recalibrate till 5.00 Saturday

NK Cumbria

Mar 9, 2023
- Away to one of the biggest clubs in world football.

- Home against them lot, and rarely has it felt like we are so well-equipped to give them the absolute thrashing they clearly deserve.

- An FA Cup quarter-final, only the fifth in our history, with an incredible chance to progress to a Wembley semi.

What could possibly go wrong?
‘Away to one of the biggest clubs in world football’ you say. But only in thier eyes! Until early 1960s they were an average 2nd division team going nowhere. Don Revie transformed them and they had success for a decade or so. Then crashed and burned. I have never had a good, safe experience at Elland Road so wont go again. If they get relegated I for one wont shed a tear.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
‘Away to one of the biggest clubs in world football’ you say. But only in thier eyes! Until early 1960s they were an average 2nd division team going nowhere. Don Revie transformed them and they had success for a decade or so. Then crashed and burned. I have never had a good, safe experience at Elland Road so wont go again. If they get relegated I for one wont shed a tear.
Bit more respect please, they are the Champions of Europe and we should be humbled to be playing in the presence of footballing gods this weekend. Forget about Grimsby, winning the FA Cup, possibly qualifying for the Champions League, Leeds away is everyones cup final.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

Screenshot_20230310_132216_Google.jpg

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Anything less than 9 points should be viewed as failure.
Ha Ha you pratt but amusing . I enjoy most of your posts well thought out and pretty smart. I shall have a word with my Postie pals about you :thumbsup:

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Do you think anyone's told De Zerbi not to dance in the technical area if we score at Wembley?*

What am I thinking? He's got far too much class to even think about it.

*Hush my mouth: IF we get there.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
That didn't go quite to plan. 🥅🏐

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here