Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Season-defining week (and a bit)?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I have been trained by Potter to appreciate the performance, regardless of the result.
But De Zerbi has got me dreaming of giving up our Europa League qualification from winning the FA Cup, to 6th in the PL because we have CL Qualification by finishing 3rd in the PL, so winning all 3 keeps that dream alive and kicking.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I am conscious I need to re-calibrate my longstanding Albion expectations ....... and this could be a brilliant week, and why not ? I mean. We're good!
We are good. Have a look at the Sanchez/Steele thread, and there's a 40sec clip of the build-up to the penalty we won on Saturday. That illustrates just how good we (often) are -- it's as good a build-up and/or passage of play as you'll see in any football.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
This week is MASSIVE for us. Win the cup game, win our games in hand and we're the masters of our own destiny

:albion2:
It’s sounds very strange to say it but CL qualification is not impossible . It’s a tough ask but it is possible at the moment.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
I see you come from the same school of optimism as me.
My take on things is :
Qualify for Europa Conference league.
Get drawn against FC Sheriff Tiraspol who cannot play at home due to threats from Russia-supported Transnistrian rebels. Both games held at the Amex, go out on penalties.
😄. I was reasonably optimistic we might scrape a draw after 90 minutes last Saturday!

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
To save you from a pile-on, my tongue was more than a little bit in my cheek there, and largely referencing how Leeds fans tend to see themselves.
THE biggest club in world football - and don't you forget it. :wrong:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
It's anything but season defining . . . Lose both and I'll be a bit mifffed, but we could/should and probably will still end the season better than ever before.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
MacAllister and Caicedo sent off against Leeds who win in the last minute, Zaha scores a hat trick whilst we have 3 goals disallowed due to VAR and Grimsby score off both posts and Steele's backside whilst a last minute equaliser is thwarted by an inflatable haddock on the goal line. Our FA Cup and European ambitions are over and relegation becomes a near certainty.
And that's as optimistic as I will allow myself to be.
You’re doing God’s work here Dan. Thank you!!

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
As I’ve mentioned a few times, I’ve lived in Liverpool for many years. The past few weeks, every day, wherever I go, it seems to be the same. The Post Office, the Chippy, walking down the road, footy training on a Saturday, Church on a Sunday, it’s the same thing. “Tell you what Dave, yous lot are unbelievable this season.” I’m down to preach to 500 people on Sunday 23rd April, hopefully I’ll have been to Wembley the day before and be dreaming of a Cup Final. This season has already gone way off the chart, and there could be more to come! UTA! #ScouseSeagulls!

Last edited:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
We're defiantly loose.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
As I’ve mentioned a few times, I’ve lived in Liverpool for many years. The past few weeks, every day, wherever I go, it seems to be the same. The Post Office, the Chippy, walking down the road, footy training on a Saturday, Church on a Sunday, it’s the same thing. “Tell you what Dave, yous lot are unbelievable this season.” I’m down to preach to 500 people on Sunday 23rd April, hopefully I’ll have been to Wembley the day before and be dreaming of a Cup Final. This season has already gone way off the chart, and there could be more to come! UTA! #ScouseSeagulls!
Great city. Great people. They know their football.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Anyone not secretly expecting three spawny 1-0 defeats to the three of them is deluding themselves IMHO

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
The biggest complement I can pay RDZ so far is that for the first time ever I’m starting to believe that we actually might NOT “do a typical Brighton” at these critical moments. There is a winning mentality growing throughout the club.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
I can't get myself out of my negative mindset. Although I'm not sure I'm being negative, I just don't want to say we're definitely going to win a game just in case I 'curse' it. I've had a bet with my step dad every year since we've joined the PL, that we won't get relegated. I'm still to nervous to tell him to hand over the £20 now in the position we're in at the moment! I was going to bet last year that we'd finish above 12th but thought I'd curse it. Not sure if I could even do a double or quits if we get 10th or higher this season either. :blush:

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
That Fulham game was a kick in the guts. I haven't felt that personally affected by a result for a long time, partially because of the sheer injustice of it. But also because we could actually achieve something incredible this season. I really don't want to feel the same way after the Palace match, but let's face it in those games anything can happen and it almost always goes in their favour.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It’s sounds very strange to say it but CL qualification is not impossible . It’s a tough ask but it is possible at the moment.
It’s fascinating to see the gradual shift in narrative coming from DeZ and the players over the last few weeks…….we seem to have subtly gone from ‘doing well‘ to ‘outside chance of Europe‘ to ‘why not aim for Champions League’ and ‘we can win the cup’. RdeZ is dragging the club up with him.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
That Fulham game was a kick in the guts. I haven't felt that personally affected by a result for a long time, partially because of the sheer injustice of it. But also because we could actually achieve something incredible this season. I really don't want to feel the same way after the Palace match, but let's face it in those games anything can happen and it almost always goes in their favour.
The 'like' I gave you doesn't mean I like what you said in your post - just that I agreed with you! :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here