Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sean Penn back Argentina over Falklands...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Perhaps he should ask all the Spanish & Portugese descendants to leave the South American countries and go back to Europe. He hasn't got a clue what he's talking about.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Sean Penn has often got involved with some political issue. It's a way for him to appear important and a part of something. The guy is an idiot, and Team America's portrayal of him is pretty much spot on.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
"I think that the world today is not going to tolerate any kind of ludicrous and archaic commitment to colonialist ideology," the Oscar-winning actor said

In which case Argentina had better keep their hands off. They were never their islands in the first place.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
In other news, Kim Wilde is disgusted at clamping the homeless in London's West End, while Derek Dunbar, lead singer of Jimmy The Hoover is disgusted that the A36 Salisbury - Bath trunk road has been criticised for underperforming.

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
I reckon Sean Penns just trying to get in the Argie PM's knickers!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Gosh, I do hope the US will be vacating Puerto Rico, Samoa, Guam, Hawaii, Diego Garcia and all the other pointless islands they control too then. Oh, and let us not forget Guantanamo Bay too.

Penn's probably got a movie to film in Argentina or something.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Sean-penn-fag.jpg

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Sean Penn is bang on the money,the only reason we are getting heat is because we are the current owners. Its changed hands more times then Portsmouth FC, from the Dutch to the French to the British to the Spanish, back to the British with Argentina then the Brits thought they would have it ourselves Argies tried to get it back in the 80s but it was politically good for Thatcher career to stand on this issue. The Islands have always been a key strategical point for Naval and trade routes around Cape Horn. It was based on Imperialism and expansion and we have no more ownership over it then the the other countries who were defeated and expelled as we did to them. We are now dealing with situations like this created by our for fathers and driven by a Imperialist and economic belief in ownership, India being a classic example. We have no more right to these islands over 8000 miles away then we did back then. I dare say before the Dutch arrived there was probably an indigenous population who were the true owners long since forgotten in the hundreds of years of musket fire and cannons that followed.

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The islands were uninhabited until the British moved there, although the French did have some settlers who moved out again. They were British before Argentina became a country.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Sean Penn is bang on the money,the only reason we are getting heat is because we are the current owners. Its changed hands then Portsmouth FC from the Dutch to the French to the British to the Spanish, back to the British with Argentina then the Brits thought they would have it ourselves Argies tried to get it back in the 80s but it was politically good for Thatcher career to stand on this issue. The Islands have always been a key strategical point for Naval and trade routes around Cape Horn. It was based on Imperialism and expansion and we have no more ownership over it then the the other countries who were defeated and expelled as we did to them. We are now dealing with situations like this created by our for fathers and driven by a Imperialist and economic belief in ownership, India being a classic example. We have no more right to these islands over 8000 miles away then we did back then. I dare say before the Dutch arrived there was probably an indigenous population who were the true owners long since forgotten in the hundreds of years of musket fire and cannons that followed.

Thanks for that. So what's your solution? Hand the island's inhabitants over to a country who they want nothing to do with?

And as for your total guess at there being an indigenous population that the big bad Colonialists supressed- there wasn't.

Argentina is mainly populated by Spanish, Portugese and Italian immigrants. No different to the Falkand Islands being populated by mainly British immigrants. So Argentina can f*** off, the islands are no more theirs than they are ours, and the people that live there want nothing to do with them. They're 500 miles away from Argentina and have nothing in common with them.

I humbly suggest that the United States of f***ing America sell Alaska back to the Russians then for the price they bought it for.

Wanker.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here