Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seagullinho signs Vicente!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Totally believable story, can't believe some people didn't believe it!!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Ok mate. That's cool. A friend just told me the argus says the deal was signed at the airport? Does this help?
Yes, I much prefer this being a true story than a made up one. Sorry for having doubts, it's the most unusual signing. It's one thing for an albion representative to go to the airport to get the contract signed, but to hand the contract over to random staff is bizarre. Looking back, don't you think it's weird that Vicente's agent asked you where the money bit was? Maybe he assumed you worked for the club.

NSC is full of all sorts of nonsense, but it's there's also great stuff here too, and your story is one example. Without NSC we wouldn't know about it. Unfortunately some people start new accounts and then post lies, so you can understand people questioning this exceptional story from a new account.

Anyway, well done, I think he's your best signing yet. Who's next?

seagullinho

Jun 7, 2011
I think what it was with his agent asking me about the money bit was my poor Spanish. I said to him "I'm Brighton" amongst other things (in Spanish) meaning a Brighton fan. So he must of thought I was a club rep or something. Got the job done though so I was happy with that! lol. Also me and Pete the supervisor are receiving an award from head of security for Lgw for going beyond the call of duty(or something they call it?) get a picture in the Gatwick magazine too, so it's become a big story there amongst the staff which is funny. I keep getting random people coming up to me and bowing down and hailing me!! loving that bit obviously!. I will post any updates here if the club honour there words of the "massive favour they owe us". And looking back on it and reading the significance with Sven sniffing about, I suppose they do. The suits said email the club to arrange our rewards. Gona change my picture now.

jonny61

May 30, 2011
Dorking Surrey
Well done Seagullinho you got your man. Did sound a bit ramdon but as i work with you at Gatwick knew it was for real at 13.30ish on Friday. Enough said ! Gatwick Seagulls!

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
It's one thing for an albion representative to go to the airport to get the contract signed, but to hand the contract over to random staff is bizarre.

I'm not sure who people seem to think the contract should've been handed over to? As Vicente had passed through security and "gone airside", then no member of the public would be allowed through. I doubt many club officials have an airside pass to get them through to the gate - therefore the only option would be to hand it over to someone with the security access, and hope that they didn't get distracted by a customer whinging about damaged baggage on the way.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
I'm not sure who people seem to think the contract should've been handed over to? As Vicente had passed through security and "gone airside", then no member of the public would be allowed through. I doubt many club officials have an airside pass to get them through to the gate - therefore the only option would be to hand it over to someone with the security access, and hope that they didn't get distracted by a customer whinging about damaged baggage on the way.

Imagine what the out come may have been if it was a palarce fan running to get the contract to him?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Respect. Other posters on here would have just walked away if their original view was disproved. :salute:

Yes, that is so true. It's great when people clean up on what they've said. Makes the world a better place! Salutes to both of you.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm not sure who people seem to think the contract should've been handed over to? As Vicente had passed through security and "gone airside", then no member of the public would be allowed through.
Yes I'm aware of that, but since they knew the contract was on the way, you'd think Vicente would have been asked to wait this side of departures (after checking in). It's a bit surprising, that's all.

bardo

Jul 6, 2004
Seaford
Deserves bouncing this thread daily at least until we see our man playing in in a BHA shirt. Well done Seagullinho - you warrant a 'beyond the call of duty' medal. Love to have seen the run for the gate in slow motion just like at the end of all good romcom movies! Marvellous scenes! :bowdown:

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
My OH used to work at Gatwick and recognises Seagullinho - Serviceair or Swissport or something?!

Well done that man, OH would have done the same! Thank gawd you were a Seaguills fan and what a story...I presume it was a final version of the contract, maybe with final amendments but who knows?

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Deserves bouncing this thread daily at least until we see our man playing in in a BHA shirt. Well done Seagullinho - you warrant a 'beyond the call of duty' medal. Love to have seen the run for the gate in slow motion just like at the end of all good romcom movies! Marvellous scenes! :bowdown:

This is how i imagine it from 1:10 onwards

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here