Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seagullinho signs Vicente!

NorthStandN1A

Aug 1, 2011
Hove
Another reason I find this odd, is if he just "signed" one of the biggest signings in the clubs history and is posing for a picture with him surely he would hold up the contract? I know i would. This is a joke, it has to be. Business does not get conducted in this manner.

I will never believe this until I hear official confirmation from someone at the club.

LOAD OF CODSWALLOP!!!!!!!!!!!!! end of

Another reason I find this odd, is if he just "signed" one of the biggest signings in the clubs history and is posing for a picture with him surely he would hold up the contract? I know i would. This is a joke, it has to be. Business does not get conducted in this manner.

I will never believe this until I hear official confirmation from someone at the club.

LOAD OF CODSWALLOP!!!!!!!!!!!!! end of
I've seen plenty of business done this way. In fact, I know of several unsigned contracts, where the terms have been agreed by all parties and signatures take MONTHS to finalise - if, indeed, they are ever signed.

You don't need a signature to achieve a contract. The important feature of a contract is that one party makes an offer for an arrangement that another accepts. That clearly happened - because both parties have said so. The Albion issued a press release. Vicente allowed his photograph to be taken in the universally understood "I've just signed a contract" style.

seagullinho

Jun 7, 2011
No joke fella. It's not my contract to hold up is it? It's nothing to do with me. It's a legal document between him and the club. Also, I only got the picture to back up my experience. As if I'm gona hold the contract by his head aswell. this is why I dont post on here. To much negativity from some with to much time on ther hands. Why the hell would i make this up?

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
No joke fella. It's not my contract to hold up is it? It's nothing to do with me. It's a legal document between him and the club. Also, I only got the picture to back up my experience. As if I'm gona hold the contract by his head aswell. this is why I dont post on here. To much negativity from some with to much time on ther hands. Why the hell would i make this up?

Why the hell indeed. Too many conspiracy theorists. Excellent work seagullinho.

NorthStandN1A

Aug 1, 2011
Hove

You say its nothing to do with ypu but you said you brought it to him?
You took a picture with him yes, but that proves nothing.
And I am not being negative mate, I just don't believe you.

NorthStandN1A

Aug 1, 2011
Hove
I've seen plenty of business done this way. In fact, I know of several unsigned contracts, where the terms have been agreed by all parties and signatures take MONTHS to finalise - if, indeed, they are ever signed.

You don't need a signature to achieve a contract. The important feature of a contract is that one party makes an offer for an arrangement that another accepts. That clearly happened - because both parties have said so. The Albion issued a press release. Vicente allowed his photograph to be taken in the universally understood "I've just signed a contract" style.

Have any of these contracts you have seen been professional football ones?

seagullinho

Jun 7, 2011
Ok mate. That's cool. A friend just told me the argus says the deal was signed at the airport? Does this help?

NorthStandN1A

Aug 1, 2011
Hove
It would indeed, look I am not trying to be negative, and like I said in my first post if this is true fair play and congrats, but I wanted proof of some sort. You have to admit the story sounds extremely far fetched.

Whichg Argus is it in?

seagullinho

Jun 7, 2011
Yeah i know. It was a mad one. I don't know what argus.I'm at work and don't have access to it. A makem mate just came and congratulated me and said the argus said it wad signed at the airport. sorry

NorthStandN1A

Aug 1, 2011
Hove
Yeah i know. It was a mad one. I don't know what argus.I'm at work and don't have access to it. A makem mate just came and congratulated me and said the argus said it wad signed at the airport. sorry

That is all the proof I was looking for. Amazing story to tell the grandkids. I appologise for doubting your story, but my (not so good) common sense brain was telling me this couldn't have happened. If I see you in the North Stand bar after any home games I shall be buying you a pint mate!!!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I wonder how many Brighton fans work at Gatwick airport? A brilliant story and well done to seagullinho. Imagine if you didn't know what he looked like? I have a mental picture of arriving at the gate,waving the contract in the air, shouting out, 'Which one is Vicente?'
:amex:

seagullinho

Jun 7, 2011
Thanks fellas. It was my absolute pleasure, oh hang on, my albion duty lol. And a drink is always welcome with any other seagull.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
I doubted it too as posted on page one of thread, and mainly because the official report I saw only said 'signed at the Amex earlier'. If there is a report saying signed at the airport (and someone with credibility) then excellent story and top work! Notthing personal doubting it but it's a wild story else wouldn't be worth posting, and you were a brand new user not someone like Edna with years of history. Top work fella :thumbsup:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I've seen pics of some on here who are clearly a sandwich short . You look a normal bloke so as far as I'm concerned its true . Can't always tell but you can normally spot the simpleton billy bull shutters . Good work bud

Tapatalk

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
I doubted it too as posted on page one of thread, and mainly because the official report I saw only said 'signed at the Amex earlier'. If there is a report saying signed at the airport (and someone with credibility) then excellent story and top work! Notthing personal doubting it but it's a wild story else wouldn't be worth posting, and you were a brand new user not someone like Edna with years of history. Top work fella :thumbsup:

It's in The Argus.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
seagullinho, now the proof's all been sorted, I have to congratulate you on your sterling work.
And for not getting shot by the Edna squad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here