Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seagullinho signs Vicente!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I tell you what, the NSCers of Gatwick are having a bloody fun season aren't we? :lol:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brilliant brilliant story
Can't believe Vicente uses easyjet!!

Snoop Dogg used EasyJet too recently....and here's us thinking that famous people all hop on board BA First Class, or have their own private jets.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Morning all. I'm so happy that someone took the time out to make this a thread. Thank you easy.Just for peace of mind, my security position was not left unattended so the sky was safe at all times! Lol.

F**k the sky's.......we've, or rather you've signed Vicente. That all that matters

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
Sorry to be stupid but what does "securing the sky" actually mean?

Great work with the contract though. Did you have time to add a clause making it a two-year deal?

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
brilliant story!

although, 'I was securing the sky'....closely followed by 'I find myself sprinting off' is a bit worrying! ;)

lol...glad i'm flying from Heathrow on Monday!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Sorry to be stupid but what does "securing the sky" actually mean?

Great work with the contract though. Did you have time to add a clause making it a two-year deal?

Staff common room. They missed a payment, so he was on the phone to one of Murdoch's grovelling.

I wonder what might have happened in a parallel universe and he had not signed there and then?

seagullinho

Jun 7, 2011
Arriving at work this morning I was called to the supervisor desk. My non football supervisor that got me involved in this says " non football supervisor?" "Errrr" I say. he says "I'm an everton fan actually" case closed in my opinion, but had to post this for him anyway. Sorry Pete, your a top football supervisor.

P.s. I've not signed anyone today (so far)

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Arriving at work this morning I was called to the supervisor desk. My non football supervisor that got me involved in this says " non football supervisor?" "Errrr" I say. he says "I'm an everton fan actually" case closed in my opinion, but had to post this for him anyway. Sorry Pete, your a top football supervisor.

P.s. I've not signed anyone today (so far)

Keep trying Seagullinho - your first signing was a hard act to follow. Well done and great work by you. :thumbsup:

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
:bowdown:

NorthStandN1A

Aug 1, 2011
Hove
do you people seriously believe that Brighton & Hove Albion FC would give a contract to someone who wasn't working for the club to run into a terminal for a player to sign?

NorthStandN1A

Aug 1, 2011
Hove
I posted this on another thread but felt the need to repost it here:

Is it just me or does the Gatwick signing story just seem like a load of shit?

If true then fair play, but here are my reasons as to why I smell :shit

1. If Vicente hadn't signed why would he have taken pictures in the North Stand with a shirt. Saying he left in a hurry seems to be a void statement as he would have had a few snaps in whatever meeting room he was in then he would have left.

2. The whole running down a contract as club officials waited at the security seems a liitle odd. Anyone could have tampered with the papers and slipped in anything they wanted, like a LCFC contract.

3. What kind of people would be involved in a 2 day contract negotiation. knowing that other clubs could come in for the man, would then let him leave the amex without actually having him sign "something"!!!

this whole story really seems so far fetched.
an albion supporter running the contract down to a terminal where a player and his agent eagerly await the paperwork
And the agent asking which line is the pay bit? So he didn't even read the contract?
I call bollocks, but would love to be proved wrong as it is a decent story and if true a great thing for the supporter.

3. What kind of people would be involved in a 2 day contract negotiation.
The kind of people who actually did some serious negotiation about terms and eventually reached an agreement, only for both parties to agree that the terms needed to be typed up properly before signatures were appended?

Fairly normal in many employment situations.

If one of the parties has a plane to catch, it would be quite sensible not to delay the rush to the airport while the print cartridge was changed.

do you people seriously believe that Brighton & Hove Albion FC would give a contract to someone who wasn't working for the club to run into a terminal for a player to sign?
It's rather easier to do that than to jump over the barriers and have one of Edna Krabappel's colleagues shoot you.

bhamex1901

Dec 20, 2010
A player must have to sign more than one thing when signing. Surely this signature was just for some minor detail in the contract - and clearly wasn't the signing that sealed the deal. Amazed that no-one has said this before? It seemed pretty obvious to me.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
It is rather unbelievable. The legalities of it all seem too far fetched to me.

NorthStandN1A

Aug 1, 2011
Hove
The kind of people who actually did some serious negotiation about terms and eventually reached an agreement, only for both parties to agree that the terms needed to be typed up properly before signatures were appended?

Fairly normal in many employment situations.

If one of the parties has a plane to catch, it would be quite sensible not to delay the rush to the airport while the print cartridge was changed.

So you think Tony and Gus would seriously negotiate for 2 days then say yeah go ahead we will have a security guard at Gatwick run you the paperwork, when he gets there just sign it and give it back to him? Mate your deluded!!!!

So you think Tony and Gus would seriously negotiate for 2 days then say yeah go ahead we will have a security guard at Gatwick run you the paperwork, when he gets there just sign it and give it back to him? Mate your deluded!!!!
I suspect they might just have kept their own copy of the contract.

That, too, is the way employers often behave.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard

There are elements of the story that sound a bit far-fetched but the story as a whole seems fine. Its fair to assume that these negotiations were done in good faith, there were handshakes all round, photos taken in brighton shirts and an interview done; the deal was concluded. The paperwork at this point was just a minor detail.

I imagine the club thought they would get it to the airport a bit earlier, but in the end no harm done, and if the plane had left I'm sure that would also have been fine, just sign it when he got back from Spain. But with the story having leaked in a major way the Club must also have been desperate to announce it as signed to the supporters, rather than wait until Tuesday's press conference.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here