Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seagull Player

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Well obviously it shouldn't be necessary, but I have been there to help sort things out when needed. On my watch we have had the occasional late start but in general the commentaries have gone OK. Many regulars here on Saturday will confirm that.

But it would have gone tits up on a lot more occasions without your intervention.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Would be good to know how many have cancelled.

They would never divulge the figures for commercial reasons. I'm seriously considering cancelling at the end of July as I pay by annual direct debit.

D

Deleted member 22389

Today I tried the mobile version as I didn't have internet and was away from the area. Thought I could listen to live comm, What a pile of f**g s*hit it is, I couldn't find the listen button, the navigation stinks. In the end I gave up. How difficult is it to put a button on the front page that reads LISTEN.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
But it would have gone tits up on a lot more occasions without your intervention.

this is right
in the early days when it was very bad but for the intervention of Uncle C we would not have had any commentary:bowdown:
last week I asked the insider on "ask the club" for the 3rd time and said, probably wrongly,(and was banned) that "heads should roll" and was politely told by one of the moderators that the infraction was because of this remark and that it was advocating one of his colleagues getting the sack.
IMHO this shows that maybe insider is to close to these colleagues and also it might take a mass evacuation of "Player" to make someone see that they cannot keep serving up a shite service.
since last week I have told "Player" to go where the sun don't shine and have had more than a few emails asking me to re-start it (they must be getting desperate)
pity they never answered some of MY emails asking them to supply the service that I paid for.
the pity is the interviews and highlights are shorter on the youtube
but I will cope.
was it too much to ask the club to step in after all it is called "Seagulls Player"
I STUCK MY HEAD ON THE LINE BECAUSE WHILE WE LIVED IN WALES IT WAS MY ONLY LINK TO THE ALBION.
now we have moved down here to Eastbourne I can listen to it on my brand new DAB radio(kindly supplied by my Granddaughter) but I feel for all those Albion fans who live far and wide who have to put up with this useless service

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
this is right
in the early days when it was very bad but for the intervention of Uncle C we would not have had any commentary:bowdown:
last week I asked the insider on "ask the club" for the 3rd time and said, probably wrongly,(and was banned) that "heads should roll" and was politely told by one of the moderators that the infraction was because of this remark and that it was advocating one of his colleagues getting the sack.
IMHO this shows that maybe insider is to close to these colleagues and also it might take a mass evacuation of "Player" to make someone see that they cannot keep serving up a shite service.
since last week I have told "Player" to go where the sun don't shine and have had more than a few emails asking me to re-start it (they must be getting desperate)
pity they never answered some of MY emails asking them to supply the service that I paid for.
but I will cope.
was it too much to ask the club to step in after all it is called "Seagulls Player"
I STUCK MY HEAD ON THE LINE BECAUSE WHILE WE LIVED IN WALES IT WAS MY ONLY LINK TO THE ALBION.
now we have moved down here to Eastbourne I can listen to it on my brand new DAB radio(kindly supplied by my Granddaughter) but I feel for all those Albion fans who live far and wide who have to put up with this useless service

Thanks Glasfryn

I too was banned a while ago for a similar offence of protesting too much, but apparently calling someone a c*u*n*t is OK.

As the Yanks would say 'go figure'.

This is what was said

" you ****ing **** the C In your user name is obviously c u n t....... F u c k i n g T w at is what I meant is that ok just in case you or uncle c u n t didn't get it"

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
this is right
but I will cope.
The :tosser: and :shootself emoticons might have been a better alternative to "heads should roll" :thumbsup:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Thanks Glasfryn

I too was banned a while ago for a similar offence of protesting too much, but apparently calling someone a c*u*n*t is OK.

As the Yanks would say 'go figure'.

This is what was said

" you ****ing **** the C In your user name is obviously c u n t....... F u c k i n g T w at is what I meant is that ok just in case you or uncle c u n t didn't get it"

broad shoulders can only carry on so far
I was called a waste of air by one of the keyboard warriors a few weeks ago
do what I do now read it and laugh
and I just love your signature

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
The :tosser: and :shootself emoticons might have been a better alternative to "heads should roll" :thumbsup:

trouble is he is not a :tosser: its all the others in the pipeline forget to do this or that and my comment was not aimed at him HE tries his best but if others are not listening then what more can he do.
what the chance eventually that the BBC might give up the ghost and give it to a company that can do the job.
IMHO the BBC are going downhill fast even on the TV side since they have moved they have become very shoddy

Miami Seagull

Grandad
Jul 12, 2003
Miami Florida, USA
Sorry, but it smacks of a complete noddy set up if the club are relying on UC to make phone calls (and thanks UC for what you have been able to do, it is appreciated). Its not like its a free service. I have Pompey and Watford supporting mates out here. Both use player every week. Neither have these problems. If the current set up cannot offer a decent service then the club should offer an independent one.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
trouble is he is not a :tosser: its all the others in the pipeline forget to do this or that and my comment was not aimed at him HE tries his best but if others are not listening then what more can he do.
what the chance eventually that the BBC might give up the ghost and give it to a company that can do the job.
IMHO the BBC are going downhill fast even on the TV side since they have moved they have become very shoddy

The :tosser: was aimed at the muppet(s) who is/are clearly not doing their job(s) properly and it reflects badly on the club who keep apologising when external parties screw it up , other club's version of Player works perfectly and we want the same standard of service.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Truth be told, I don't think the club actually gives a shit about this service. It can't do, otherwise it would have surely been sorted by now.

The sound quality lurched from stop start, to inaudible, to completely vanished (including the all important goal)......seems the technology is beyond the lads running Seagulls Player.

:nono:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
The :tosser: was aimed at the muppet(s) who is/are clearly not doing their job(s) properly and it reflects badly on the club who keep apologising when external parties screw it up , other club's version of Player works perfectly and we want the same standard of service.

this was exactly who I aimed my comments at with my post on ask the club but someone took exception(would be nice to know exactly who) I have said the bit about reflecting badly on the club but it seems that people are listening(insider) but the people he is telling are cocking a deaf one.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I had it for years
complaining is useless
you have it as it is
or get rid like I have
and be careful about putting anything on "ask the club" I was banned after asking 3 times and finally I lost it
not fit for purpose I am afraid

agree 100%

I haven missed many games this season so havent neexed player too often but when I have it has let me down every time without fail. Match highlights are also very poor compared to other clubs who often show the full 90 minutes.
Not renewing for next season :(

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
this was exactly who I aimed my comments at with my post on ask the club but someone took exception(would be nice to know exactly who) I have said the bit about reflecting badly on the club but it seems that people are listening(insider) but the people he is telling are cocking a deaf one.

Time to get Paul Barber on the case because it is reflecting badly on the club ?

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
I will be looking further into this via my club contacts. I cannot believe that the people that matter within the club would condone this shit service!

It really is nothing short of disgraceful and must surely be against some sort of trading law! Fit for purpose I think they call it don't they?

TopCat

Jun 17, 2011
The Wigan commentary didn't seem to have any problems at all which suggests the issue is the stream from BBC Sussex rather than Player. Not sure anything the club can do - isn't the contract with the football league?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
The Wigan commentary didn't seem to have any problems at all which suggests the issue is the stream from BBC Sussex rather than Player. Not sure anything the club can do - isn't the contract with the football league?

we sort of deducted that a few years ago
I did contact J Cantor about it hoping he might pass on the message but on reply was told it was not his problem and if the problem is with the football league then surely its up to the club to speak up for its fans who listen to it every week or start looking into giving the commentary to someone else

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
I don't understand how such a simple job can be done so badly. It works on the radio. Just take that audio and stream it. That's all you need to do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here