Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Scrambled egg on toast.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Poached eggs and smoked salmon - eggs benedict royal - mmmmmm the best
Was there anyone on here that didn't know your favourite breakfast?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
You cando all the same dishes with duck eggs, they taste slightly softer and there's more of it.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Either love it or you hate it :smile:

I could eat tea spoons of the stuff.

Not true! I can take it or leave it. Bovril, however, is DELICIOUS and is my spread of choice almost EVERY morning.

Aadam

Resident Plastic
Feb 6, 2012
About 7 or 8 years ago I shared a flat with a mate, every Saturday we'd wake up hungover and want a fry up. One week when it was his turn to cook he did scrambled instead of fried. Not a problem as it made a nice change. What was a problem though was that he gave me some barely cooked runny yellow shit which he claimed to be scrambled eggs. Scrambled eggs should NOT be runny! You FREAK!

They shouldn't be barely cooked, runny, yellow and have faeces in them. But they should have a slight run to them. If you over cook them you ruin them.

I have my egg on the pan for about 30 seconds. Heat the pan as hot as you can, mix the egg with a little milk and a smudge of butter. pour into the pan and whisk briskly for 30 seconds and take off the heat and transfer to a plate for about a minute before consuming. They should be soft, not hard.

But eat to their own.

Scrambled eggs should be slightly runny when you take them off the heat because they continue to cook for a minute even when off the hob, but by the time they arrive on your plate in front of you they should be SOFT, not fluffy and not firm.

Yeah, this.

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
Agreed on scrambled eggs, but can I add try anchovies, very nice.

And something else nice on toast, is peanut butter. Its my late night snack before retiring.

Last edited:

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Two things first. This quick and tasty breakfast is for single people with a Light bulb oven thingy. I am also aware that scrambling eggs in a microwave will make some of you very very angry. Tough!
Muffin
Bacon
Egg
Marmite

Throw the bacon in the JML oven, dial up about 8 Minutes, turn over after 4. Take a mug and crack the egg into it and whip it up with a fork.
Cut the Muffin in half and toast it, when toasted spread with Marmite and add the bacon. Having previously put the mug with the egg in the Microwave and dialled up 45 seconds, hit the button, when you hear the beep remove the mug and add the egg to the bacon on the Muffin.
Put the top of the muffin on the egg and squash it down a bit, pick it up and eat it. Lovely.
For Marmite haters, tomato sauce can be substituted. If you really want to faph about, poach the egg and add Hollandaise Sauce for proper Eggs Benedict.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here