Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Scrambled egg on toast.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Scrambled eggs should be slightly runny when you take them off the heat because they continue to cook for a minute even when off the hob, but by the time they arrive on your plate in front of you they should be SOFT, not fluffy and not firm.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Scrambled Egg is no Scotch Egg though. Think the Macheda thread was quite possibly my favourite of the summer.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Scoth eggs are not to my taste. I always considered it quite a common way to eat an egg. Although I had a nice quayles scotch egg once, egg was still hot and yolk seeped out. Delicious and a cut above a normal person'e scotch egg.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Only food of the Gods once salmon trimmings have been added. :drool:
Over rated.
More by like than judgement, I followed [MENTION=5707]Nibble[/MENTION]'s instruction.
Plus I had a fresh loaf from the bakers to toast.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It;s how it all came together.
I just 'caught' it in time, mainly due to the toast timer being down to it's last light.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
When done right Scramled eggs are top drawer.

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
Cheese on toast with cherry tomatoes on the top is lovely or a light smearing of mango chutney on the top

Still my favourite breakfast is eggs benedict though with smoked salmon - only at breakfast though

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Scrambled eggs are glorious if they are done right - whisked with a bit of milk, cooked ever so slowly, stopped before they have had time to firm up so it's close to a soup, LOTS of black pepper. Yum.

Can't stand the "shredded up omelette" style of scrambled eggs though.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
For some reason we always have scambled eggs with Salmon on Christmas morning, by far the best way to start the day.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Barneys Coffeeshop in Amsterdam used to do a wicked scrambled egg and salmon breakfast...followed by a phat joint....always a pleasure.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Poached eggs and smoked salmon - eggs benedict royal - mmmmmm the best

poached or scrambled matters not as long as you add smoked salmon - as a combo sggs with smoked salmon also makes an excellent filling for filleted smoked eel - deeelish!

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Scrambled eggs and salmon always on te breakfast table at Christmas and many Sundays. Not that expensive and delicious.

Stoichkov

The Miserable Bulgarian
Jul 26, 2004
Brighton
Good thread

I've been having scrambled eggs every morning for about the last 8-10 months

To my shame, I experimented with using the cheapest eggs as I thought it probably wouldn't make much difference but how WRONG I was. Now, I always use better eggs from happier chickens meaning that my breakfast tastes nicer and I'm assured entry to heaven when I die.

I got some organic eggs from the Falmer Farm shop yesterday - they're from a farm in Ditchling. I have to say they made the best scrambled eggs I've ever had. I knew I was onto a winner when I cracked the first one and a deep yellow yolk PLOPPED out. They weren't really that much more expensive but the taste was miles better.

They also had some duck eggs. Anyone ever scrambled those? Recomended?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here