Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Scott Hogan

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Judging by the gossip on Owls Talk, Massive fans are convinced that Rhodes is heading in their direction

That largely stems from the fact that he was spotted at Hillsborough the other week watching them. He's also related to their goalkeeping coach.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would sooner look at David Nugent valued on transfermarket at £3.9m. Proven at this level time and again and I think that he would fit in well with both Murray and from the supply from Knockhaert.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Our defence has tightened up since that game so I wouldnt expect him to repeat the scoring against us again, well not with such ease.

I thought Brentford got their tactics spot on. I've since learned that they only have one tactic which most other Championship teams have now worked out; long ball to Hogan on the break. They were looking to do this the whole game and the space Bruno is meant to defend was the target area for Hogan to run into.

This won't happen again in the return fixture and they won't score against us.

Meanwhile, unless we plan to play with a speed merchant on the shoulder of the last defender (where Murray likes to position himself), why bother signing Hogan?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
From what I can see, Matej Vydra has done the grand sum of nothing since he left Watford. One purple patch season at Vicarage Road and nothing since.
The guy is The Reverse Rhodes.

Only scores at the AMEX and does fook all everywhere else.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I thought Brentford got their tactics spot on. I've since learned that they only have one tactic which most other Championship teams have now worked out; long ball to Hogan on the break. They were looking to do this the whole game and the space Bruno is meant to defend was the target area for Hogan to run into.

This won't happen again in the return fixture and they won't score against us.

Meanwhile, unless we plan to play with a speed merchant on the shoulder of the last defender (where Murray likes to position himself), why bother signing Hogan?

But you would expect the whole defence to shift over, it is not just the job of the right back to defend if the ball is put in a space behind him. I think Duffy has a better understanding now with Bruno and he tends to shift more when Bruno goes on a run.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
From what I can see, Matej Vydra has done the grand sum of nothing since he left Watford. One purple patch season at Vicarage Road and nothing since.

I would like to sign an unknown from Eastern Europe as he was if we cannot sign an established uk based striker. I did notice Ulloa not in the squad this week but I do not think he is the answer as too similar to Murray and Hemed.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Good to see you have moved on from your ageing left back obsession to a INugent obsession.
It is not a Nugent obsession I just think that he probably offers the best solution of affordable home grown players.
CH has belatedly solved the left back position next up is a support striker which he will do eventually.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I would like to sign an unknown from Eastern Europe as he was if we cannot sign an established uk based striker. I did notice Ulloa not in the squad this week but I do not think he is the answer as too similar to Murray and Hemed.

Quite, it needs to be a similar player to Baldock or someone who is similar to Pritchard. Alan Judge/Zack Clough/Bradley Dack.

The January window is quite difficult and I wonder whether we'll sign anyone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here