Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Scott Hogan

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If we buy him, we go up. That's not a difficult sell to him, so turn his head and get him to put in a transfer request.

At the end of the day it's business. If he wants to go and there's a fair offer, there's no point the Brentford owner cutting off his nose to spite his face.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
If Nahki Wells is valued at £8m I would think Brentford would want nearer £10m for him or even more,so it is a no for me as I am sure there are better options in Eastern Europe Spain or Ital giving the same ability but cheaper. There is also history between both chairmen so he wouldnt be cheap and not represent VFM.

A cheaper option would be David Nugent who when at Leicester had AK provide most of his goals so there is history there.

You can tell we are getting close to the silly season known as the transfer window when BG goes up into his attic and dusts down his old Panini Stickers from his youth and floats them on NSC as potential transfer targets. Anyone know if Jimmy Greaves is under contract with anyone or is he a Free Agent ?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You can tell we are getting close to the silly season known as the transfer window when BG goes up into his attic and dusts down his old Panini Stickers from his youth and floats them on NSC as potential transfer targets. Anyone know if Jimmy Greaves is under contract with anyone or is he a Free Agent ?
There has to be concerns about anyone who, when given a global sport to play fantasy manager in, gets moist at the prospect of signing David Nugent.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I've obviously missed that one. Would you be able to explain?

Thanks! ( in advance)

Bloom's great rival is Matthew Benham, the owner of Brentford FC who founded Smartodds, another stats-based gambling consultancy.

Similarities between Bloom and Benham abound. Like Bloom, Benham is a former City trader. Like Bloom, Benham has adopted a hedge-fund-like model, paying computer whizzes to build algorithms that help him beat the market. And like Bloom, Benham owns his boyhood football club.

Despite the similarities between the two, Benham and Bloom are archrivals. The pair first crossed paths at Premier Bet, the online bookmaker Bloom founded. Benham worked for Bloom, but the pair had a falling out that left them bitter rivals.

Former Starlizard employees say the feud is discussed often in the office but little understood beyond rumour and gossip.

cut and pasted from http://uk.businessinsider.com/inside-story-star-lizard-tony-bloom-2016-2

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You can tell we are getting close to the silly season known as the transfer window when BG goes up into his attic and dusts down his old Panini Stickers from his youth and floats them on NSC as potential transfer targets. Anyone know if Jimmy Greaves is under contract with anyone ors him is he a Free Agent ?

Nugent would be a cheaper option and also proved at this level than many that will be mentioned and I would say a better option than Hogan who has a terrible injury record that should cause concern to anybody wanting to spend mega bucks.

Nugent is only 31 years old so not a has been.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Nugent would be a cheaper option and also proved at this level than many that will be mentioned and I would say a better option than Hogan who has a terrible injury record that should cause concern to anybody wanting to spend mega bucks.

I honestly don't know anything about any transfer targets but I recall discussing him as a player many years ago with loads of different people and everyone was in agreement about how surprised they were about the levels of transfer fees he has gone for in the past based on his abilities

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I'd be surprised if Brentford's chairman lets personal rivalry/hostility get in the way of a business decision.
The two Championship players who we'd stand a chance of getting and are worth buying are Hogan and Assmobalonga. Both are quick, mobile and score goals. Both have suffered bad and multiple injuries. Both would make it in the PL. The likes of Wells wouldn't, nor I suspect Rhodes.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I honestly don't know anything about any transfer targets but I recall discussing him as a player many years ago with loads of different people and everyone was in agreement about how surprised they were about the levels of transfer fees he has gone for in the past based on his abilities

But he continues to surprise people by scoring goals so he must have some attributes and ability if only to put the ball in the net.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Spoke to a Brentford pal and he was of the opinion that Hogan wouldn't suit our style of play. Remember, we were after Pritchard - a totally different sort of player to fill our empty striker berth. Whilst Hogan has pace and scores goals, we already have a top top goal scorer. Simply put - Murray/Baldock is a better partnership than Murray/Hogan would be as they would not compliment each other so well. I'd prefer Alan Judge in a number 10 role to Hogan.

If we purchase Hogan and change our tactics to suit him then maybe (although he has an off putting injury record) but I'd imagine we don't want Hogan and even if we did - we couldn't get him.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
But he continues to surprise people by scoring goals so he must have some attributes and ability if only to put the ball in the net.

BG - You get some Managers like Harry Redknap, Billy Davies or Jose Mourihno who will spend every Chairman's money willy nilly and not give a shit. However, there are some Managers believe it or not who will only spend someone else'e money if they think they will fit into a system he wants to play and only at the right price and only if they think that a particular player is what they actually need. And not just for the sake of spending money

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Scott Hogan is just what I hoped Sam Baldock was going to be and eye for a goal and just that 10% extra acceleration and pace that means he could hack it in the Premier League. Although Hogan prefers his right foot, he scored two left footers against us.

NB: Kazenga Lualua has got the same build and skills and pace as Hogan almost to a match.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here