Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Scotland vs England

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Pretty even game. Scotland were well up for it but I wonder whether they have burnt themselves out and that will be it for them. England reminded me a bit of us at times. Seemingly slow unambitious passing of the ball getting us nowhere. All to play for still. Pickford did well tonight.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I don’t like Southgate as a manager,he’s been promoted way above his ability, but, it really saddens me that the best collective generation of young players is being wasted at the feet of pragmatic, safety first football. I honestly thought the sweaties would get something tonight, it was a scenario built in heaven for them, and give them their due they maybe should have got more.
We are so scared to lose,we’ve forgotten that we should try to win, this is a tournament where our young dynamic players should be grabbing the attention of the World for the right reasons, instead, we are the most boring, negative, predictable side in the competition.

It’s like Hodgson is still managing us, there’s no change in tactics, or results.

Please, F.A., do something right for once, please get rid of Southgate, and bring in a manager, who can release the potential of this generation of English footballers.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Both look after themselves. Slim, not succumbing to the demon snacks and booze of the rest of us. B*stards.

Souness loves a shant, just his is premier cru.

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
I don’t like Southgate as a manager,he’s been promoted way above his ability, but, it really saddens me that the best collective generation of young players is being wasted at the feet of pragmatic, safety first football. I honestly thought the sweaties would get something tonight, it was a scenario built in heaven for them, and give them their due they maybe should have got more.
We are so scared to lose,we’ve forgotten that we should try to win, this is a tournament where our young dynamic players should be grabbing the attention of the World for the right reasons, instead, we are the most boring, negative, predictable side in the competition.

It’s like Hodgson is still managing us, there’s no change in tactics, or results.

Please, F.A., do something right for once, please get rid of Southgate, and bring in a manager, who can release the potential of this generation of English footballers.

As long as you don't take GP!

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
If the world cup semi final was 'Waistcoat Wednesday ' that was '****wit Friday'.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Reminds me of the last World Cup, got to the semi finals then punk:

Chances are, if we avoid Spain in the round of sixteen, we might beat Sweden or Slovakia, but then we'd probably be playing France.

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
Former England captains must feel like the honour has been tarnished some what after that. Harry Kane who cant speak English let alone be a leader of men and then Marcus Rashford, a man of good intentions and fine deeds off the pitch gets the arm band. Just the job to steady the ship calm and motivate the team

Brian Robson, Terry Butcher, Stuart Pearce, Alan Shearer look away.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It's the usual story, we fail to play with passion, conviction and a system and end up hoping that " something turns up " in order to get us to the next stage

Any team with pretensions to win our group would have found a way to beat Scotland.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Do we have very special players who can and do control internationals, impossible to get the ball off, creating chances in a second or having the pace to destroy anyone in a second?

No way.

The Italians have the brilliant Immobile, we have the immobile. Kante, Mbappe, Immobile and De Bruyne are light years ahead of our best.

Foden is EASILY in that category, but got taken off after an hour

May 5, 2020
Sussex
Pretty even game. Scotland were well up for it but I wonder whether they have burnt themselves out and that will be it for them. England reminded me a bit of us at times. Seemingly slow unambitious passing of the ball getting us nowhere. All to play for still. Pickford did well tonight.

Yes,that is a positive.
I thought Pickford was good tonight too.
A couple of good saves and solid punches and some excellent distribution.

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
We haven't conceded in the tournament and I think it's too early to write us off. We definitely need to buck our ideas up though I'd drop Kane for Calvert Lewin against Czechs Kane just isn't at the races.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Do we have very special players who can and do control internationals, impossible to get the ball off, creating chances in a second or having the pace to destroy anyone in a second?

No way.

The Italians have the brilliant Immobile, we have the immobile. Kante, Mbappe, Immobile and De Bruyne are light years ahead of our best.

But that's not true I have been told repeatedly that we have numerous world class players. It really is weird if you put Foden, Mount or Grealish in another big team they would flourish but not in the turgid England collection (we are not a team).

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Scotland reminded me of the Albion. Ran the game, pushed forward, chances, just no striker.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
We haven't conceded in the tournament and I think it's too early to write us off. We definitely need to buck our ideas up though I'd drop Kane for Calvert Lewin against Czechs Kane just isn't at the races.

Too early to right us off we drew at home to Scotland a team with Che Adams and someone Dykes up front what on earth will we do against Mbappe, Griezmann and Benzema?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
But that's not true I have been told repeatedly that we have numerous world class players. It really is weird if you put Foden, Mount or Grealish in another big team they would flourish but not in the turgid England collection (we are not a team).

Because Kante, De Bruyne, Gundogan, Mahrez, Fernandinho are world class.

Take those out of Chelsea and ManC, and English players wouldn’t get anywhere near CL glory.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here