Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Scapegoat - just one name please

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
How far do you want to go back?

Mike Bamber gave the players long contracts and caved into fan pressure over Mike Bailey. He appointed Jimmy Melia, who got us to Wembley but couldn't keep a good squad from being relegated. If we'd stayed up, then who knows?

Those long contracts meant we struggled to get rid of overpaid players and eventually led to the tax bills that forced us to sell players such as Mark Beeney, and, eventually, The Goldstone.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I
How far do you want to go back?

Mike Bamber gave the players long contracts and caved into fan pressure over Mike Bailey. He appointed Jimmy Melia, who got us to Wembley but couldn't keep a good squad from being relegated. If we'd stayed up, then who knows?

Those long contracts meant we struggled to get rid of overpaid players and eventually led to the tax bills that forced us to sell players such as Mark Beeney, and, eventually, The Goldstone.

Good post.

...and the sale of The Goldstone meant that the club was homeless and the team was hopeless and the balance sheets stayed red and the heroic and expensive efforts to build a new ground eventually needed an enormously rich and generous man to make come true. And hardly anyone liked to argue with the enormously rich and generous man and mistakes were made and that is why we are where we are.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Who do I blame ? No-one.
Who is responsible ? Ultimately it has to be Tony Bloom. However, to qualify that, the fact that he's a hugely successful businessman doesn't qualify him to run a football club and his relative inexperience/naivety was shown with the appointment of Hyypia (and also with the appointment of whoever advises him); whether Hughton is a decent replacement is still to be seen, but if he keeps us up then he's achieved half of what he was appointed for.
In TB's defence, though, if I had a couple of hundred million spare then I would sink it into my football club and I would expect to be in charge; I still would't know as much as some on here though.

Yoda

English & European
Burke. Over the course of two summers, was allowed to dismantle our playoff reaching squads whilst we were manager-less, and replaced them with turd.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
yep...or whoever the shitter was...!! could have saved a lot of acrimony and upheaval by publicly stating it was his poo all over the floor...!!

Easier said than done.

Hi Mr/Mrs Cleaner, erm I err, well I've, basically, hhmm, just been into erh emm, the toilet and I erh well erm........

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Poyet. If he could have controlled his ego and not behaved like a prick we could have all still been friends. Reached a ceiling? He hasn't even got a job now. He's become a footballing equivalent of cricket's Chris Adams.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here