Say it's a straight fight between us and Palarse for 6th place come 4th May.....

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

D

Deleted User X18H

I'm sure I read somewhere when we loaned him out that he couldn't be used in the playoffs if we made top 6.

Yeah but I am pretty sure 4th May comes before the play-offs. Very sure in fact.

D

Deleted User X18H

There is def a clause stopping him playing in the play offs. Can he play against us at The Amex?

No of course he can't. My question is based around him scoring against P'boro, if that had an affect on us needing to better that result, when we play Wolves.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Dobbie cannot be recalled as its a half season loan, you can only recall players in who are loaned out under emergancy loans. We put a clause in the loan agreement that means Dobbie cannot play against us in the League or in any potential play off match between the two sides, however Palace can play him in any other game including the play offs.

D

Deleted User X18H

Isn't there a clause in the loan agreement preventing him from being fielded against us in league/playoff situation?

So does a play off situation mean if his appearance and subsequent goal , might prevent us from getting a playoff place?

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Dobbie cannot be recalled as its a half season loan, you can only recall players in who are loaned out under emergancy loans. We put a clause in the loan agreement that means Dobbie cannot play against us in the League or in any potential play off match between the two sides, however Palace can play him in any other game including the play offs.

Actually this, you can't recall long term loans (93+ days) full stop.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton

That is shocking. Should never have loaned him out to a play-off rival, whether that be Hull/Middlesborough or the scum.

D

Deleted User X18H

So 4th May we need to win against Wolves to get 6th place. Palarse need only a draw against Peter borough............89th Dobbie equalises and Palarse get into the play-offs at our expense courtesy of a goal from one of our players.

Can't we recall him if we have an injury crisis?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Isn't there a clause in the loan agreement preventing him from being fielded against us in league/playoff situation?

that is an automatic rule under football league regs & not something we have insisted on
Assuming his loan is 93 days (the max for an emergency loan I think) then unless my maths is wrong I don't think he is available for palarse in the play offs but I am 100% he will not come back to us at that time.

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
So does a play off situation mean if his appearance and subsequent goal , might prevent us from getting a playoff place?

His "loan" is just a technicality. He is a Palace player in all but name. So in answer to your question yes he could possible deny us a play off place.

D

Deleted User X18H

No there is no ability to have a recall option in any full or half season loan. The only clauses allowed are the player cannot play in games against the parent club.

Dicker did for us against his parent club (Stockport) last match 2008/9

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports