Saturday's surely off then?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Good luck if anyone is volunteering to clear the pitch and stands if need be, I'll be in the warm pub having a few pre-match beers wishing you all the best and hoping you get the game on for me.

:thumbsup:
:lol:

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Why not wait till Saturday morning? Colchester are not exactly coming far are they and with the weather set to improve seems a bit early to me!

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
But if the weather is due to be mild on Saturday, the snow will have melted by midday, no? Of course, believing a weather forecast is not exactly a wise course of action, I'll admit ...

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
colchester travel tomorrow so will have asked for an early inspection

rochdale v charlton also likely to be off

I'm hoping bristol v bournemouth goes ahead and the gas win - would be a bonus for us

Bigblonde1

Jul 10, 2008
it'll be the fact the stands are covered in snow and all the walkways, that'll see the game called off .

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Did I read somewhere that the pitch isn't currently covered, ergo there is over a foot of snow on the pitch. Even if there is some kind of super thaw, where's the water going to go?

Match postponed - waterlogged pitch.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Personally I think with a few injuries and the squad needing a bit of strengthening and games next week we should make no effort to get it on.

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
Personally I think with a few injuries and the squad needing a bit of strengthening and games next week we should make no effort to get it on.

Agreed. Any game we can get postponed until after we have signed our ACE new striker in January is good news.:thumbsup:

D

Deleted User X18H

Saturday has been a no go since yesterday we have over a foot of snow out here and...IT'S HILLY. Its still a foot now, no thaw today and none tomorrow.

Tongdean lane and Withdean Road are more suited to Robin Cousins than doddery slightly pissed up Albion fans. The ref might say yes in the morning but a very nervous council will say no!

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Why even bother with a pitch inspection:glare:its the coldest night of the year tonight and still more snow around.You would need at least 3 days of warmer conditions to have any chance.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
If anyone thinks all the snow will thaw in the 5 hours (max) the temperatures will climb above 0c are living in a dream world. We are talking about temps of 4c on Saturday, not 40c!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports