Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Saturday's surely off then?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Saturday has been a no go since yesterday we have over a foot of snow out here and...IT'S HILLY. Its still a foot now, no thaw today and none tomorrow.

Tongdean lane and Withdean Road are more suited to Robin Cousins than doddery slightly pissed up Albion fans. The ref might say yes in the morning but a very nervous council will say no!

You can access Withdean without having to encounter a hill from the north, east and west.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Inspection at 11.15 tomorrow so would assume it will be called off as surely they cant gaurantee the stands and approach roads etc will be safe by Saturday.

I read 11.15 but may be 11.00am as previous poster suggests.

Last edited:

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Inspection at 11.15 tomorrow so would assume it will be called off as surely they cant gaurantee the stands and approach roads etc will be safe by Saturday.

I read 11.15 but may be 11.00am as previous poster suggests.

Totally agree. That early almost guarantees it being called off.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
I personally think it's madness to postpone at such an early stage when the weather forcast clearly shows saturday will melt the snow and make it possible to go ahead.

If we were playing Carlisle or a northern outfit I'd get the picture!

Then again my view maybe completely one sided as ive been away all week in Portugal and still amand was looking forward to my saturday albion fix!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think the decision will be made then as like us and most teams Colchester will probably leave their training ground at 12 noon on Friday for a Saturday match then stay in Brighton Friday night. This will stop them travelling plus many supporters who travela distance to a game , must be better than making a decision at 1pm on Saturday, so I think it is a sensible move.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I personally think it's madness to postpone at such an early stage when the weather forcast clearly shows saturday will melt the snow and make it possible to go ahead.

Then again my view maybe completely one sided as ive been away all week in Portugal and still amand was looking forward to my saturday albion fix!

Not all of us live locally I'll have you know! I will be leaving at 7.00 am Saturday so it would be handy to know one way or another.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Not all of us live locally I'll have you know! I will be leaving at 7.00 am Saturday so it would be handy to know one way or another.

Thats the price you pay though isnt it. 9am Saturday is a more reasonable time in my opinion.....but I wouldnt worry about it, it will be off and you can spend the day in Rhyl!

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
You can access Withdean without having to encounter a hill from the north, east and west.

I think you'll find there's a hill to the west of Withdean and even north I wouldn't call flat !

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade

They are saying that we could get more snow and the top temp on the BBC site is now 3 degrees

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
A nice juicy 9 degrees with some rain too, come on ref!!!

I do relasie however there is no chance, a day too late!!

gutted!

Jonno

Enthusiasm curbed
Oct 17, 2010
Cape Town
f*** this, came home from Austria for the FCUM/Colchester double-header, very disappointing if called off which looks increasingly likely. All this way for a shit 1-1 draw with a bunch of crap Manc non-leaguers. Bollocks.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Im gutted too mate, just one more day and I reckon it would be ok, dont think the ref will give it that chance to be fair!

Blue and White Tiger

Exiled to Exeter
Jul 6, 2010
Anybody else think it could be good for us to have it called of?
By the time the re-scheduled match comes around we should have El-Abd and Sparrow back to full fitness. Two key players in my opinion!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Anybody else think it could be good for us to have it called of?
By the time the re-scheduled match comes around we should have El-Abd and Sparrow back to full fitness. Two key players in my opinion!
I'd rather it had been the Huddersfield game. I'd fancy us to beat Colchester at home, they're really wobbling (lost at home to Brentford, then limped to a lucky 1-0 win over Swindon Supermarine) and they probably have a smaller squad than we do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here