Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Saturday is MASSIVE.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
To those that see Gus as incredibly negative:

Gus isn't that negative. He just doesn't play in the way YOU want him to. Our full backs bomb on. We often have a number of creative/attacking midfielders. We are winning games and not conceding. Gus knows what he's doing. STOP. f***ing. MOANING. For one day. Please.

Thanks.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
I mean, Gus hardly had ANY attacking options on the pitch....apart from our £3m striker....and our former spanish international superstar who was man of the match....and our former la liga winger who scored the goal...and our former barcelona-trained attacking midfielder who got an assist and our 'conservative' wing backs who provide many crosses in into the box (bridge for Lopez's goal).

So. damn. negative.

And the negative substitutions, taking off a striker and a winger and bringing on our top two scorers this season.......

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
If you read NSC regularly you know who to expect the negative stuff from. They thrive on bad results & each have their own particular little gripe but all of them seem to enjoy it when results don't go as hoped for.

... and when we DO win: "Blimey wasn't the atmosphere CRAP?"

It's worth repeating the cliched but still accurate points that it's a marathon not a sprint and there is no such thing as a 'must win' game until you get to the final run-in. We may still fail to make the play-offs and then the terryberrys of this world will gleefully bounce this thread saying "See?" thereby missing the point entirely.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland

Gus isn't that negative. He just doesn't play in the way YOU want him to. Our full backs bomb on. We often have a number of creative/attacking midfielders. We are winning games and not conceding. Gus knows what he's doing. STOP. f***ing. MOANING. For one day. Please.

Thanks.

^^^^^^^^
this

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I don't understand your point? I know we won, but am I not allowed to question the tactics? I was delighted, jumping up and down etc.. Do you just go to the pub and say Gus is perfect and don't question anything ever? What a dull experience. Me and my mates discuss the line up, subs etc and have different opinions. Mine is that we needed more width and pace on Saturday, but yes we won, I just don't think expressing a viewpoint slightly different to the current manager makes me less of a supporter

Surely the point of being a supporter is to SUPPORT the players, the club, the manager, the whole of BHAFC?

By all means question his tactics (which got us a win on Saturday), but, with respect, Gus is in charge of the sixth best team in the championship. I think he knows what he's doing a little more than you give him credit for.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
It does make me wonder sometimes if some people actually even want to enjoy themselves at football, or whether they actively prefer moaning.

N.B. I'm fully aware that moaning about moaning = moaning.

Camicus

Im willing to put my hands up and be proved wrong. Dont think Im unduly negative at the time of posting we were struggling

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Thanks.

Spot on. The problem is that the idiots just see one up front and think therefore that we are being negative. Try actually watching what the players do! Both full backs constantly get forward, as do Lopez, Orlandi, Vicente, Ulloa and even Hammond. How anyone can say attacking with all those players is negative, I have no idea. Actually I do, it's because they're still stuck in the 1970's and still think we should hoof the ball up to the big man to head down to the little man for him to boot it in the net. Teams in Europe stopped playing like that decades ago, it's only in England that we still persist with it, hence the lack of technical ability of the average English player, and the fact we can't get past the quarter finals of an international tournament.

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton

Thanks.

Think I might print this off on a t-shirt and start wearing to home games :thumbsup:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Im willing to put my hands up and be proved wrong. Dont think Im unduly negative at the time of posting we were struggling

At no point this season have we been "struggling". We're nowhere near the bottom half of the table. That would be "struggling".

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
If we don't get three points on Saturday our season's OVER. We have the best squad in the Championship. With the players we have at our disposal we should be 6th in the Premier League. Etcetera.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I think Saturday is even bigger than massive. It is GARGANTUAN. Or maybe even bigger than that. :moo:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
We have the best players this country has ever seen. We should be in the Champions League by now. Gus is SHIT.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
If we FAIL against MINNOWS Huddersfield then, in all honesty, it's time for Gus to re-assess his position here.

Even if we WIN, if we can't do it CONVINCINGLY then WHAT'S THE POINT?.

Sure, we got a clean sheet against a Burnley team containing one of the divisions best striker's, but If Kuszczak wasn't there then they would have scored EVERY time a shot went on target. EVERY TIME.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I never understand people's point when they say "well yes, but if we didn't have Kusz/Vicente then etc negative bollocks etc". We DO have them. Gus did a fantastic job getting them here. They're our players.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I never understand people's point when they say "well yes, but if we didn't have Kusz/Vicente then etc negative bollocks etc". We DO have them. Gus did a fantastic job getting them here. They're our players.

Indeed. I hear that about Man Utd all the time

"If they didn't have Van Persie then they would be VERY average for a United team".

Well, YEAH. That's why AF SIGNED him.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The second best thing about a winning streak, is that it (mostly) shuts the moaners up.
The third best thing about a winning streak, is the lack of Palace posters on the forum.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here