Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Saturday is MASSIVE.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Kev. Can we rely on you to have the radio on the go during the Blackburn game so you can let us all know how Middlesborough are getting on against Leeds United?

I wonder if Gus will be telling the players the score from the Riverside or whether he'll want them to just focus on doing the business?

I LOVE these end-of-season NAIL-BITERS

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Saturday is massive, but hopefully teams above us ( and Palace play Watford on Friday ) will have dropped points before we kick off at 5.20. We'll know at that point if the game is 'must win'

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Those were the good days ;) where did they go??

We're in what's called "The Championship" now. It's a much, much harder league. We are still improving season by season. Gus is a young manager and WILL make mistakes.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Shit isn't he? Do you remember when we won League One by SIXTEEN POINTS playing beautiful football on a small budget? That was shit too.

I think alot of people on here have very short memories.
As said on Ninja's thread.

I'm not convinced Gus' skills have increased by the same percentage as the quality of our squad.

There have been enough decisions this season to make me question the driver of The Gus Bus.
I'm still happily sat on it, just feel the need to question the direction we're going!

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Every week someone comes on here with the next game is massive/ important or with the question what points do we need from the next how many games. Win lose or draw on Saturday will make no difference. We could win on Saturday and lose on Tuesday. This league is so unpredictable .

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
its probably too late now to be honest, we would need a decent run of about 6 or 7 wins out of the next 10 games and we are just too in consistant to do that, our home form is just not good enough.

if we end up with championship football next year then so be it, im happy

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Am I missing something? Do we cease to be a club if we fail to get into the play-offs or promoted to the Premier League?

What does it ACTUALLY matter if, from now, we win a few, draw a few, and lose a few, and end up finishing in the top 10? So what if we don't win on Saturday? So what if we are X number of points of the top/play-offs/relegation. I hate to break it to everyone, but there will be another season starting in August, and another after that, etc, etc. We've been in the Championship this time around for TWO SEASONS. We've already seen that it is a division where anyone can beat anyone else, and also fighting against clubs that are able to spend much more than us, and have the benefit of parachute payments from the Premier League. To me, we are still finding our feet, and part-way through a five-year plan. People want instant success - why?

For me, our season finishes at the end of the Wolves game, when I've clapped the players off the pitch after another memorable season at the Amex, not on Saturday night. I GENUINELY feel sorry for people that get so affected by the result of a football match, that it ruins their day, week, month, or even (as it seems from above) the remainder of the season.

I love the Albion, whatever division they are playing in.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I always think every Saturday is Massive.

This isn't massive. It's a game we want to win.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
BLOODY HELL PEOPLE.

The gap is FIVE points.

Assume we gain 3 points over boro that would mean it's TWO points to make up over them.

They draw one week and we win. there you go. 2 points. Their goal difference is worse than ours so now we're above them.

There you go. With my phenomenal maths skills I've now made up a staggering 5 point gap in TWO games. That leaves another 14 in which to achieve it.

This site pains me at times.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Shit isn't he? Do you remember when we won League One by SIXTEEN POINTS playing beautiful football on a small budget? That was shit too.

Every post you make mentions the word Budget. If you know something we don't then please share. If your just repeating what Poyet has told everyone please stop it, because it's crap. We pay the going rate in this divison, have no fear of that, in fact i'm pretty sure you would have a funny turn, if you really knew what we are shelling out.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
As said on Ninja's thread.

I'm not convinced Gus' skills have increased by the same percentage as the quality of our squad.

There have been enough decisions this season to make me question the driver of The Gus Bus.
I'm still happily sat on it, just feel the need to question the direction we're going!
I agree sometimes Gus makes some strange decisions but we have to keep the faith, and with the new signings that he's made could make the difference. Lets judge him at the end of the season its not like he's dragging us into relegation.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
BLOODY HELL PEOPLE.

The gap is FIVE points.

Assume we gain 3 points over boro that would mean it's TWO points to make up over them.

They draw one week and we win. there you go. 2 points. Their goal difference is worse than ours so now we're above them.

There you go. With my phenomenal maths skills I've now made up a staggering 5 point gap in TWO games. That leaves another 14 in which to achieve it.

This site pains me at times.

What the f*** are you talking about? The VERY FUTURE of our club RESTS on us getting 3 points on Saturday. If we FAIL to WIN WE'LL FOLD AND BLOOM WON'T GET HIS MONEY BACK BECAUSE WE WONT GO UP AND TEAMS IN THE PREMIERSHIP ALWAYS TURN HUGE PROFITS.

SATURDAY IS HUGE

/retard /kev

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Kev. Can we rely on you to have the radio on the go during the Blackburn game so you can let us all know how Middlesborough are getting on against Leeds United?

I wonder if Gus will be telling the players the score from the Riverside or whether he'll want them to just focus on doing the business?

I LOVE these end-of-season NAIL-BITERS

I'm not a radio listener at games, although I do admit to have a sneeky peek at the mobile,to see the other scores to see how my accy is going, in the parts of the game when not much is happening. Several times this season, the old battery has run low on the old mobile, I've had so many peeks.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Every post you make mentions the word Budget. If you know something we don't then please share. If your just repeating what Poyet has told everyone please stop it, because it's crap. We pay the going rate in this divison, have no fear of that, in fact i'm pretty sure you would have a funny turn, if you really knew what we are shelling out.

Our budget isn't the smallest, but it is a long, long, long way from the big boys in this division. Certainly our league position defies our wage structure. I'd say most of our players earn a lot less than what half the morons on here seem to think they earn.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

The likes of Blackburn (much lower than us) pay out EIGHT million pounds for a striker. We do nothing like that. We couldn't compete with PALACE on wages.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Several times this season, the old battery has run low on the old mobile, I've had so many peeks.

Why don't you stick a new battery in your new mobile? Use your noggin Kev!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here