Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Saturday is MASSIVE.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Yup. Gus (the best Albion manager in decades if not ever) is an IDIOT.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I think we are too far behind now.

every week we screw up.

I'm an optimistic person really, but form is not good enough.
I'm resigned
to championship football next season.

I think its too late. Gus's tinkering has cost us big time. The bloke is tactically inept.

~IMHO it was lost at Brum

Sorry to bounce but just a nice example of how quickly football can change.

Some excellent defeatest posts on this thread.

The above shows exactly what you mean. Some real stupid comments from a lot of people :)

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
We've made up the points margin that people said was not possible over 17 games in about 4.

The performance on saturday has nothing to do with that.

Indeed. Win our game in hand and we are only seven points off the top two. Mind you, I think that will prove a lot harder to recover. It's relatively easy to make up points on middle teams compared to the top teams who are already scoring nearly two points a game.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
If you read NSC regularly you know who to expect the negative stuff from. They thrive on bad results & each have their own particular little gripe but all of them seem to enjoy it when results don't go as hoped for.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Indeed. Win our game in hand and we are only seven points off the top two. Mind you, I think that will prove a lot harder to recover. It's relatively easy to make up points on middle teams compared to the top teams who are already scoring nearly two points a game.

Exactly. The top two is NOT out of reach in ANY way. However, Sadly the team is 2nd is the team who are playing BRILLIANTLY and their next 4 fixtures are VERY kind to them:

Wolves v Watford
Watford v Sheff Wed
Watford v Blackpool
Barnsley v Watford

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
If you read NSC regularly you know who to expect the negative stuff from. They thrive on bad results & each have their own particular little gripe but all of them seem to enjoy it when results don't go as hoped for.

What absolute twaddle. Who are 'they' you mention? I am not a great believer in Gus and have occasionally voiced an opinion, but to say I might enjoy BHAFC losing is madness. There seems to be a great divide between 2 parties who are either 'happy clappers' or 'whingers' I think actually most of us are neither, but I shall continue to question Gus's continued negativity, which I again witnessed on Saturday

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Sorry to bounce but just a nice example of how quickly football can change.

Some excellent defeatest posts on this thread.
Terry berry is inept.

We weren't exactly great on Saturday to be fair
We've just beaten the top two sides in the division (Hull were 2nd when we beat them) and you want to winge about how well we played on Saturday (even though we won) :facepalm: We've had some games where we've played great but not got the win (eg Blackburn and Bolton at home) - on Saturday we weren't so great, but we got the points - football is like that.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
When we won and moved into the playoffs.....

I don't understand your point? I know we won, but am I not allowed to question the tactics? I was delighted, jumping up and down etc.. Do you just go to the pub and say Gus is perfect and don't question anything ever? What a dull experience. Me and my mates discuss the line up, subs etc and have different opinions. Mine is that we needed more width and pace on Saturday, but yes we won, I just don't think expressing a viewpoint slightly different to the current manager makes me less of a supporter

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Exactly. And GUS is the negative one! :lolol:

I mean, Gus hardly had ANY attacking options on the pitch....apart from our £3m striker....and our former spanish international superstar who was man of the match....and our former la liga winger who scored the goal...and our former barcelona-trained attacking midfielder who got an assist and our 'conservative' wing backs who provide many crosses in into the box (bridge for Lopez's goal).

So. damn. negative.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I don't understand your point? I know we won, but am I not allowed to question the tactics? I was delighted, jumping up and down etc.. Do you just go to the pub and say Gus is perfect and don't question anything ever? What a dull experience. Me and my mates discuss the line up, subs etc and have different opinions. Mine is that we needed more width and pace on Saturday, but yes we won, I just don't think expressing a viewpoint slightly different to the current manager makes me less of a supporter

You're first post was "We weren't exactly great on Saturday to be fair" in a thread about us moving into the playoffs.

There are times when you discuss the tactics and where, in your opinion, we wern't great and then there are times when you should just be PLEASED with a result.

The fact you met VERY good news with "We weren't exactly great" is very telling.

If you can't just ENJOY a brilliant few results then I would much rather be enjoying my 'dull experience' of being delighted with a win.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Mine is that we needed more width and pace on Saturday, but yes we won, I just don't think expressing a viewpoint slightly different to the current manager makes me less of a supporter

Really ???

First half I thought Orlandi and Bridge down the left gave us more than enough width, and while Bruno wasn't on top form, and granted Spanish Dave tends to drift inside, he too gives us a lot of width as well. Not sure I could agree on there not being enough width to be honest.

Second half it seemed to go a bit wrong for us, but first half I thought the line up and tactics were spot on. Should have been 2-0 up at HT with Leo's miss - what a ball that was from Lopez out wide one side out to Orlandi on the other!

In the end, a well fought 3 points. Take that all day. :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here