Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sarah Watts - a real Albion hero RIP

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Oh wow that's quite a shock. I haven't seen her for a little while and didn't know she was ill to be honest, but knew her reasonably well from the old days of getting the coach to away games. Very sad news :(

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
I didn't know her personally, but her name was known - I think by reading "Build a Bonfire" or "We want Falmer". 49 is no age whatsoever.

My condolences to her family and all those that knew her personally.

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill
Really shocked to hear this. So very sad and so young. RIP Sarah and thank you for everything you did to keep our club alive. Thoughts and sincere condolences to her family and friends x

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Very shocking and sad news. In many ways Sarah was THE Albion stalwart. As others have said, unstinting in her efforts for the Club and the Supporters. 49 is far too young. Thoughts for her family and friends at this sad time. I am sure she will be remembered properly by the Club.

PG

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I knew Sarah from 20 odd years back, in the days before the Goldstone madness. Decent, friendly sort. A passionate stalwart of yesteryear. I didn't know of her struggles. Such sad news. RIP Sarah.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
So sad to hear this news. Possibly the most Super of Albion Super-Fans. Someone we probably all owe a huge thanks to and massive respect for, for her commitment to the cause in the gory years.

RIP Sarah.

I echo these thoughts. If anyone could claim to be a super-fan, it's Sarah.

I didn't know her, but I shall always remember her sitting behind me on a park and ride bus and saying to Liz "Did you see that idiot in front of us?". She was very apologetic and made sure I knew she was talking about a driver who had turned into Mill Road but didn't want to park for the football.

RIP Sarah :angel:

Southy

Jul 7, 2003
Very sad news. I heard she was ill. Last time I saw her when we did the interviews for We Want Falmer and she was really helpful as always. The story of her and Liz Costa becoming so involved in the fight against Bellotti and Archer and then on the FFA campaign is one of the great stories of football support and although she was very different to Roy Chuter, both of them represented something very deep right at the heart of supporting this club and why we all care about it so much. These are the real legends of Brighton and Hove Albion. Steve N.

rudolf hucker

Jul 26, 2009
Hove
Totally shocked. I was on the committee along with Sarah during the bad times and nobody worked harder than she did to help keep The Albion alive.

RIP Sarah and thank you.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I don't think it would be at all unreasonable to request a minutes applause (49th) during the Brentford game.

She is amongst the most deserving.

Showed that football supporting wasn't just all about blokes getting pissed - I'll drink to that, a great example for others and a massively positive influence on our supporters over the years

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Oh wow that's quite a shock. I haven't seen her for a little while and didn't know she was ill to be honest, but knew her reasonably well from the old days of getting the coach to away games. Very sad news :(

Pretty much the same experience for me. I first met her when I used to travel on the away coaches years ago and I didn't know she was ill. Very sad news indeed. RIP Sarah

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
I don't think it would be at all unreasonable to request a minutes applause (49th) during the Brentford game.

She is amongst the most deserving.

Agree but would prefer before the game or for the game to stop at 49. so that uninterrupted respect can be paid. Very sad news. Giant of Build a Bonfire Years (Old and New Testament).

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Very sad news. RIP Sarah

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
That is so, so sad. I am completely shocked. She was a passionate Albion fan, which meant that in the worst of times she was absolutely dedicated to the campaign to save the club. And I mean DEDICATED. The transformation from quiet conservative mild mannered Sarah to raging angry campaigner was amazing, and she did a huge amount, often behind the scenes, to help every aspect of the long battle, from the initial push to oust Archer, Stanley and Bellotti through the Bring Home the Albion campaign to the battle for Falmer. RIP Sarah.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here