Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sarah Watts - a real Albion hero RIP

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
A very interesting listen. Insightful and informative in regards to both Sarah and Liz. By the way towards the end of the interview Liz mentioned "The Battle of Longford" but did not go into great detail. What was the "Battle of Longford"? Anyone know?

A vaguely recall some sort of incident that happened in a pre-season match in Ireland. I wonder if that is a reference.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
A vaguely recall some sort of incident that happened in a pre-season match in Ireland. I wonder if that is a reference.

Yes - the match turned into a punch-up, and was abandoned. Someone whose name isn't Charlie may have been involved.

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
Excuse my ignorance but I have genuinely never understood on a post what the connotations of

" ... "

mean? Is it an edit of some sort, an auto correct or just a dismissive observation by the poster?

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Excuse my ignorance but I have genuinely never understood on a post what the connotations of

" ... "

mean? Is it an edit of some sort, an auto correct or just a dismissive observation by the poster?

I posted something, then thought better. There seemed to be no delete option and you cant leave an empty posting so ... fits the bill.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The FA paid tribute to her on their website & Twitter feed earlier.

You know you've made some sort of impact in life when the FA join in with the tributes :thumbsup:

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
There was a predictably huge turnout in Ferring this afternoon. Extra seats brought in to the church but still several people had to stand.

There were scarves and shirts from other clubs on show but of course it was predominantly Blue and White everywhere include the pallbearers all wearing different Albion shirts from the last twenty years.

Quite a few faces you would recognise showed how well known and respected Sarah was. Mickey Adams, Terry Connor, Nathan Jones, Dean Cox, and of course the Falmer For All Team.

A brilliant tribute to a brilliant person from a congregation from Family, Friends, Football and her Faith.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Barry's right. Great turnout. Liz Costa and Tim Carder did a touching eulogy and the presence of two directors, Martin Perry and Ray Bloom, reflected so well on the club. Dick Knight was there too, as was previous health & safety guru Richard Hebbard who, as 'someone' pointed out, must have been shocked by the sheer number of people who Stood Throughout.

The occasion may have been desperately sad but it reminded me just why I love this club and everything it has represented for so long. Thanks Sarah.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
It was an honour to be there today. A life worth celebrating.

As another poster and I remarked afterwards, we don't think we would fill a church for our goodbyes. To have 5 people who've managed league football teams, a number of current and former professional players, 3 current and past club directors plus representatives of many other clubs plus an fa tribute.

That's not an everyday congregation. It's am extraordinary turnout for an extraordinary lady

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I was choked that I couldn't be there, ironically because the Albion's pre-Arsenal press conference clashed (nobody's fault). But I'm glad Sarah got the send-off she so richly deserved.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
It was an honour to be there today. A life worth celebrating.

As another poster and I remarked afterwards, we don't think we would fill a church for our goodbyes. To have 5 people who've managed league football teams, a number of current and former professional players, 3 current and past club directors plus representatives of many other clubs plus an fa tribute.

That's not an everyday congregation. It's am extraordinary turnout for an extraordinary lady

I can only echo this.

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
Thankyou, Barry, for a great description.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here