Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sander Berge

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
****s sake. Can't believe how far Sheff U have jumped ahead of us in the space of half a season in this division. Berge is a ridiculously good signing for them.

Ambition.
Cheque book.
If he settles, they can sell him in 2 or 3 years time for £50m.

Very interesting to see now if Tony's version of moneyball 'value', keeps us in the division.

Villa, Sheff Utd and Palace have taken the traditional route.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I suspect we have to sell a midfielder or two before we can really think about buying another for £25 million. And I don't mean we should sell Alzate !

Last edited:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
NSC suddenly full of experts on Berge, if you watched him regularly you would also notice Samatta miss chance afte chance in an inferior league yet think Villa have a gem for £8m :facepalm:

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
I think fans need to be less needy. Those working at the club from the top down want the club to succeed and are obviously looking to strengthen the squad. However, making comments about our transfer dealings before the window closes would be counterproductive. Why would we show our hand at this stage? (Excuse the poker analogy. I hate it when people do that :) )

Well true when you’re holding a bluff or a busted flush then sure you don’t show your hand.

We’re not going to sign anyone who will make a viable immediate impact and there’s the rub.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Ambition.
Cheque book.
If he settles, they can sell him in 2 or 3 years time for £50m.

Very interesting to see now if Tony's version of moneyball 'value', keeps us in the division.

Villa, Sheff Utd and Palace have taken the traditional route.

What baffling logic. We try to sign a player in the summer. As do Sheffield United. He turns us both down.

In January Sheffield United have an outside chance of Europe. We don’t. Sheffield United sign him.

We now use a version of moneyball and Sheffield United are the ‘traditional route’. Any reason to moan I guess :shrug:

Dunk&Disorderly

Mar 29, 2019
Brighton
Screen Shot 2020-01-30 at 11.57.37.png

As if we didn't already know, but still disappointing.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Hello again,

As said in the Trossard topic before Sander Berge is the brightest gem in our collection.

We've seen a lot of talent in the previous years, most of them now top players. Sander is topshelf. He's a future captain in a big club in a big league. Some players have that something extra, De Bruyne had it, Courtois had it, Milinkovic-Savic and Koulibaly had it. Berge has it too.

If I could I would bet on it. He was the successor of Wilfred Ndiddi who isn't preforming bad (to say the least) in Leicester, Berge is even better much better.

I'm sorry but I don't think he will choose Brighton. He's aiming higher or he will stay in Genk until a better chance comes along. Nothing against Brighton, cheering for you now Leandro is playing for you guys but Sander is just another level.

What do you think of Sander heading to Sheffield United?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
What baffling logic. We try to sign a player in the summer. As do Sheffield United. He turns us both down.

In January Sheffield United have an outside chance of Europe. We don’t. Sheffield United sign him.

We now use a version of moneyball and Sheffield United are the ‘traditional route’. Any reason to moan I guess :shrug:

In this transfer window Villa and Sheff Utd are investing heavily in players (new wages, loan fees and transfer fees).

It look we might not be. Although bringing MacAllister here will be a boost.

A clear difference, we'll find out soon enough which strategy worked.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
NSC suddenly full of experts on Berge, if you watched him regularly you would also notice Samatta miss chance afte chance in an inferior league yet think Villa have a gem for £8m :facepalm:

Some of us may not be as ill informed as you think. I've come up against this lad a few times on Fifa 20 and he's a good player, rated 79.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
In this transfer window Villa and Sheff Utd are investing heavily in players (new wages, loan fees and transfer fees).

It look we might not be. Although bringing MacAllister here will be a boost.

A clear difference, we'll find out soon enough which strategy worked.

Right, so what does that have to do with Moneyball?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here