Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sanchez v Dunk

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
It was JPVH who said something that really set off Sanchez and Colwill. Really did, like instantly enraged.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
"I’m buzzing to get my first Premier League goal and first for Chelsea," said Colwill.

"Unfortunately it was against Brighton. But happy to help the team get the three points."

"I wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t for Brighton. I've got a lot of respect for them."
Yes - 'Well said young Colwill', I thought.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
If we are still a top-10 team in 5-10 years, I can see the Chelsea games being the replacement of the Palace games. Both for fans and players.
This feels more like one of those brief spats you have over the years - like we've had against orient, cardiff, reading etc. It'll be enjoyable while it lasts but long term we can't match Chelsea or compete at their level. Unless they get chucked out the league, the Todd does one and they go back to being the west london west ham. Then it might linger for longer.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
From what I’ve heard, Sanchez was not popular at all when he played for us so the scenes at full time aren’t a surprise.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
It was JPVH who said something that really set off Sanchez and Colwill. Really did, like instantly enraged.
JP and Sanchez definitely squared up to each other.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
I for one never believed the nsc narrative that Colwill had a unique bond with us. He played a few games, had a good time, but his loyalties lie with a disgusting club and no surprise the money.

Yes, his loyalties lie with The Chavs.
This is a bit of a harsh take on Colwill. He didn't choose Chelsea over us, there was never an option to as we didn't have a bid accepted. All indications at the time were that he was keen to sign for us, if a transfer was agreed.

So now he is a Chelsea player, of course that's where his loyalties lie. What were you expecting him to do, score a couple of own goals to show that he's Brighton through and through?

Swegulls

Aug 29, 2023
Stockholm
Colwill seems to have quite a temper. Wasn't he really upset in that League cup match too (or was it CFC against Spurs, sorry if I mix it up)? Anyway, Thiago Silva is one of the few in that team that is worth some respect. I like him, just wish he played for another club.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
When Pawson gave us a penalty for the ball smacking Colwill in the face JPvH and Colwill were getting animated in the confusion that happened on the pitch.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
I'm sure this is on another thread somewhere, but his kicking is dreadful. Pretty sure if Sanchez had've swung at Dunky he'd have missed
Totally unsuited to DeZerbi ball, which is why he’s no longer here. Good shot stopper though, terrible at penalties

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
He was certainly rattled, by the relatively tame grief he was getting in the second half.
Particularly when he hoofed 2 kicks straight out of play.
Opted for straight down the middle after those to avoid any further embarrassment.

I would imagine Poch is already working on a replacement.
No way he should let him play in the return fixture.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Some lip readers are suggesting he said "Go home, go back to Brighton" to Dunk.

Seems unnecessarily disrespectful to the club and City that made him.
Colwill on the other hand seemed slightly disrespectful to his current club by saying:
" I have a lot of respet for teh club and teh gaffer, i wouldn't be here without them. But I'm at Chelsea now."
trailing off as if disappointed by his choice. :ROFLMAO:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Sanchez is an angry boy when rattled. We got to see it at Palace and his antics yesterday were embarrassing. Thought he got off easy from the away end

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here