Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sanchez v Dunk

tstanbur

Sep 16, 2011
Expect Dunk said the same thing he said to Taylor.

Minus the bald part obviously.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
If we are still a top-10 team in 5-10 years, I can see the Chelsea games being the replacement of the Palace games. Both for fans and players.
That would never happen. We have never been rivals and never will be. Different club, different level. We just like beating them because of the recent happenings. But everyone who doesn't support them likes seeing them lose anyway.

Rivalry is just pantomime anyway. But, despite that, it would be a bit cringe if folk start getting ideas above their station.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
That would never happen. We have never been rivals and never will be. Different club, different level. We just like beating them because of the recent happenings. But everyone who doesn't support them likes seeing them lose anyway.

Rivalry is just pantomime anyway. But, despite that, it would be a bit cringe if folk start getting ideas above their station.
I think that's the point I was making really. They are at a 'different level', and the recent happenings have indeed spiced things up over and above the norm. But if we remain at 'their level' for 10 years - then surely we'll then be consistent direct rivals and at the 'same level'?

After all - the Palace stuff didn't exist before the mid/late 1970s - and these things have to start somewhere and develop over time.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
That's another one of those moments where you'd love to know what was going on. Colwill, Steele, Dunk & Sanchez. I take it Colwill isn't 'bessie mates' (Leeds style) with our players anymore. :unsure:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
That's another one of those moments where you'd love to know what was going on. Colwill, Steele, Dunk & Sanchez. I take it Colwill isn't 'bessie mates' (Leeds style) with our players anymore. :unsure:

I for one never believed the nsc narrative that Colwill had a unique bond with us. He played a few games, had a good time, but his loyalties lie with a disgusting club and no surprise the money.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
I for one never believed the nsc narrative that Colwill had a unique bond with us. He played a few games, had a good time, but his loyalties lie with a disgusting club and no surprise the money.
It was all a bit Ben White and Leeds. Although to be fair I think that a lot on here were pretending to be as sad as Leeds supporters. (y)

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Having just watched MOTD2, Colwill says himself that it was a shame his first Prem goal was against us etc etc. He actually does like us as a club.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
He did stop his goal celebration though when he realised it was in front of our fans
True & he thanked Brighton in the post match interview, folks looking to be angry because it satisfies their narrative.
Sanchez though, can go feck a duck

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
"I’m buzzing to get my first Premier League goal and first for Chelsea," said Colwill.

"Unfortunately it was against Brighton. But happy to help the team get the three points."

"I wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t for Brighton. I've got a lot of respect for them."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here