Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Sanchez at Chelsea

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
That is funny, and I like his style.

However, I feel sorry for Maupay in respect to just how low his confidence must be right now. There's a very good striker in there somewhere, yet he couldn't even trust himself to slot home into an empty goal. Real shame. I hope he can eventually get his confidence back and start scoring again.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Sanchez the fastest GK in the world? Clocked at 35.11 km/h at the weekend ..................... sauce: BBC
Not the most useful attribute for a keeper though - catching, for example is more important. Or kicking the ball to team mates.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Not the most useful attribute for a keeper though - catching, for example is more important. Or kicking the ball to team mates.
Yeh, I know. He's shit. Don't worry - I'm on board with the message. Thank god we've moved him on.

Catching he is good at though - better than Steele; better than many in the PL. Before he fell out with RDZ (and Ricard) his command of his area was a source of joy.
Passing - not so good as Steele. OK, trot on.
If Leno hadn't been a good shot stopper Fulham would have been one down before ten minutes were up, and 2-0 down before Ferguson scored.
Funny old game,
Innit..........

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Yeh, I know. He's shit. Don't worry - I'm on board with the message. Thank god we've moved him on.

Catching he is good at though - better than Steele; better than many in the PL. Before he fell out with RDZ (and Ricard) his command of his area was a source of joy.
If Leno hadn't been a good shot stopper Fulham would have been one down before ten minutes were up, and 2-0 down before Ferguson scored.
Funny old game,
Innit..........
Don't think anyone thinks he's shit. Fact that he's not as good with his feet and he let's shots go through him when you think he should get there, just like steele at times. He's not getting to that fulham shot based on his chelsea form for example. That goal wasn't down to steele like the brentford opener wasn't down to sanchez. You could argue that both could have got to them though, but it's a stupid argument.

What amazed me was how steele went from a disaster waiting to happen whenever he played to the reliablekeeper he's become. All down to confidence and a run of games. Incredible really. My heart sank whenever he was selected for cup games previously

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Don't think anyone thinks he's shit. Fact that he's not as good with his feet and he let's shots go through him when you think he should get there, just like steele at times. He's not getting to that fulham shot based on his chelsea form for example. That goal wasn't down to steele like the brentford opener wasn't down to sanchez. You could argue that both could have got to them though, but it's a stupid argument.

What amazed me was how steele went from a disaster waiting to happen whenever he played to the reliablekeeper he's become. All down to confidence and a run of games. Incredible really. My heart sank whenever he was selected for cup games previously

With fantastic distribution, he’s a quality footballer and vital to the way RDZ likes his football.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Funny old game,
Innit..........
He's not shit and it wasn't really the case of the club moving him on, but more him having zero intention of sticking around.

While being a team player isn't the most important attribute in a goalkeeper (or any other player, for that matter), it's clear that Steele (who is shitehouse according to LOADS of people on here – despite the fact he helped get the team into Europe...) is not one to throw his toys out of the pram and plays the way RDZ wants him to.

He's also VERY vocal. I heard him LOADS during the first half screaming at other players. I'm not sure whether it helped them or if they wanted it, but at least it's like there's another leader on the pitch who has a decent view of what's going on.

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
That is funny, and I like his style.

However, I feel sorry for Maupay in respect to just how low his confidence must be right now. There's a very good striker in there somewhere, yet he couldn't even trust himself to slot home into an empty goal. Real shame. I hope he can eventually get his confidence back and start scoring again.
From today's Squires' (https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...other-attempt-at-a-halloween-football-special)

Untitled.png

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Excellent interview with Glenn Murray on Football Focus yesterday (fast forward to 29 minutes). Clearly loved his time at Brighton, before de Zerbi arrived, anyway.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Good luck getting him to move on.
7 year contract I believe
On wages nobody else would have paid even before PSR bared it's teeth.

I can see them loaning him out to different clubs for the remainder of his contract, all the time paying half his wages.

Ah well, hope the new goalkeeping signing works out well for Chelsea

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Sanchez moving on
Interesting they are looking to splash the cash this summer, I know Poch said he thought they were 4 or 5 players short, including a marquee Keeper. Wonder who the marquee keeper would be ? I know Neuer has said he is open to the possibility to leaving Bayern, would probably cost £40/£50m which they could amortise over 7 or 8 years.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
On wages nobody else would have paid even before PSR bared it's teeth.

I can see them loaning him out to different clubs for the remainder of his contract, all the time paying half his wages.

Ah well, hope the new goalkeeping signing works out well for Chelsea
"Go home to Brighton" might come back to haunt him, when he's turning out for any number of random clubs over the next few seasons.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here