Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Sanchez at Chelsea

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Thought they could only amortise over 5 years max now ?
That wasn't in place when all those stupid long Chelsea contracts got signed. It was all those 7 year contracts that made EUFA bring the rule in but it's not been retrospectively applied.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
This is objectively hilarious. Even more so if they couldn't find a buyer and he ends up sat at Stamford Bridge for the next six years, as third choice.

Is that a bit vindictive? :lol: I still can't believe we got £25m for him, that's utterly outstanding.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
This is objectively hilarious. Even more so if they couldn't find a buyer and he ends up sat at Stamford Bridge for the next six years, as third choice.

Is that a bit vindictive? :lol: I still can't believe we got £25m for him, that's utterly outstanding.

Not as vindictive as quoting

Alternatively, in 10, 15 or 20 year's time, when today has become history, history's judgement might be that, "RDZ knows best" is re-written as "de Zerbi's first mistake". NSC heresy now, I realise - but are we really that much better for dumping Sanchez? I've yet to see incontrovertible evidence.

It's just a bit of fun. I was equally upset when Alan Duffy was binned off :lolol:

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
Oct 12, 2022
Correct, although doesn’t stop contracts being longer than 5 years

I thought that was UEFA, which only counts if you’re in European competition. I don’t think the PL has necessarily closed the loophole yet for domestic competition.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Even more hilariously, winning the Carabao could leave them in an even bigger mess :laugh:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here