Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] San Diego players walk off pitch following homophobic abuse

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I'm not a victim therefore I need no support. It's the weedy pathetic wokes on here getting wound up over the latest trendy cause. White hetro male gets horrible abuse at the Amex not a peep, homosexual footballer gets abuse and look at you all!!!

I was there for that game, and previous games featuring Kane, and away for that matter and like others not heard the chant. I'm in E1B for home games, so it didn't come from the North Stand. I'd have been pretty embarrassed had I heard it and with 20k odd posts to my name, I'm not shy in calling things out.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Red Bull Arena might be the weirdest stadium in all of North American soccer (probably not true). Looks beautiful on the inside but when I’ve google mapped it it looks like an oasis in the middle of an industrial desert.

State of the art inside with standing areas for fans which I like. But you're right it is basically stuck in the middle of an industrial wasteland. They choose the area because it is right next to Harrison train station in New Jersy - about 20 minutes from Manhattan. Even before Covid I don't think it was doing that well financially as NYCFC arrived and took some of the fan base. I imagine it's pretty heavily subsidised by Red Bull drinks

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Bunch of weedy little snowflakes, man up and get on with the game. I'd be fuming if we walked off the pitch when leading a game thus forfeiting the result, I suspect many on here would also be but wouldn't admit it so will tow the 'woke' line.

Blimey, not only did you think that, you also typed it out AND posted it. You're more than a bit strange.

Meanwhile, back in the real world, I didn't think anyone still used the phrase 'woke' in any meaningful context, aside from publicising the fact that they're easily led, lacking in self-thought, and don't know what they're on about.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Sadly, everyone bends over to the gays these days, not least the liberal lefty woke snobs that run this board.

It's at it's worst during Pride. Cars dumped everywhere and then they're all over me when I'm trying to ticket them, just because I'm wearing a peaked cap and have an interesting smell.

You don't even know what 'lefty liberal woke snobs' means.

It's a phrase you heard that sounds quite... something, and now you're choosing to use it.

Let me help you, cos you clearly need it - it doesn't mean anything. It's meaningless. It has no value. It's a fabrication from those in society who only deal in ignorance, prejudice and hatred. That includes you, darling.

It's that sort of thing I go to football to get away from.

No it isn't.

If it is, please don't come back, you appalling homophobe.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Bunch of weedy little snowflakes, man up and get on with the game. I'd be fuming if we walked off the pitch when leading a game thus forfeiting the result, I suspect many on here would also be but wouldn't admit it so will tow the 'woke' line.

Yeah, but you're a massive homophobe with evident enormous problems with denial.

You're a confused little boy, using phrases he doesn't understand in a context that's got nothing to do with him.

And you accuse everyone else of being 'weedy little snowflakes'...? Textbook gaslighting from the truly ignorant. Well played.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Fair point re 'you lot' apologies.

No I wasn't upset about it all, we won 3-0 so nothing would've upset me that day. Just wondered why the faux outrage over a player getting homosexual abuse but none over Harry Kane.

In my view just pathetic weedy behaviour. Get on with the game.

I must admit it is highly amusing all the wokes on here falling over themselves to have a go at me!! Talk about poking a beehive...

There you go again - 'wokes'.

You don't actually know what it means, do you?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
You don't even know what 'lefty liberal woke snobs' means.

It's a phrase you heard that sounds quite... something, and now you're choosing to use it.

Let me help you, cos you clearly need it - it doesn't mean anything. It's meaningless. It has no value. It's a fabrication from those in society who only deal in ignorance, prejudice and hatred. That includes you, darling.

No it isn't.

If it is, please don't come back, you appalling homophobe.

One of the two posters you've replied to is actually a spoof account. Not for the first time, certain posters can only be separated from their satirical spoof by the capitalisation of their names and not by the content of the post. Because no matter how stupid the spoof makes the posts, the actual posters manage to make their genuine posts even more stupid :facepalm:

Pretty Pink Fairy, Big Beach Seagull are both such spoofs on Pretty pink fairy and Beach Seagull.

Sadly, [MENTION=41465]The Lego Stand[/MENTION] isn't a spoof, He's actually a genuine idiot :thumbsup:

Last edited:

D

Deleted member 2719

You and Mouldy should form a victim support group.

It quite funny how you will support everything apart from constant internet bullying.

Mob-handed is the only way guys like you can operate.

Sad really.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
There you go again - 'wokes'.

You don't actually know what it means, do you?

'Woke' is often used as a cheap, easy, and (dare I say it, currently trendy) term of abuse for people who disagree with the poster. Not that clever.

Pretty much the same way that 'Gammon' is used by other posters.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
'Woke' is often used as a cheap, easy, and (dare I say it, currently trendy) term of abuse for people who disagree with the poster. Not that clever.

Pretty much the same way that 'Gammon' is used by other posters.

I can imagine that some posters may well use the Gammon term because it is cheap, easy and trendy. But when I use it, it is because it is very precisely defined as someone who uses faux patriotism to cover their complete ineptitude when it comes to political matters. Indeed, first used to describe to Mr Gregsbury who was ironically, a politician.

Now surely you wouldn't want to deny me the opportunity to celebrate great British literature :wink:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I can imagine that some posters may well use the Gammon term because it is cheap, easy and trendy. But when I use it, it is because it is very precisely defined as someone who uses faux patriotism to cover their complete ineptitude when it comes to political matters. Indeed, first used to describe to Mr. Gregsbury who was ironically, a politician.

Now surely you wouldn't want to deny me the opportunity to celebrate great British literature :wink:

You? No, of course not. I mean, anyone who can construct a sentence containing 'gammon' and 'unicorns' ................................... nah - wouldn't dream of it!

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
It quite funny how you will support everything apart from constant internet bullying.

Mob-handed is the only way guys like you can operate.

Sad really.

What you and Lego do is provoke. Let’s take a look at Lego’s opening post, wasn’t in response to anyone else:

“ Bunch of weedy little snowflakes, man up and get on with the game. I'd be fuming if we walked off the pitch when leading a game thus forfeiting the result, I suspect many on here would also be but wouldn't admit it so will tow the 'woke' line.”

And just like you, types this shit, then claims people are ganging up on them. It’s idiotic and just sad that you play this everyone’s against you card when you do exactly the same thing.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
One of the two posters you've replied to is actually a spoof account. Not for the first time, certain posters can only be separated from their satirical spoof by the capitalisation of their names and not by the content of the post. Because no matter how stupid the spoof makes the posts, the actual posters manage to make their genuine posts even more stupid :facepalm:

Pretty Pink Fairy, Big Beach Seagull are both such spoofs on Pretty pink fairy and Beach Seagull.

Sadly, [MENTION=41465]The Lego Stand[/MENTION] isn't a spoof, He's actually a genuine idiot :thumbsup:

I thought Lego Stand was Beach Seagull’s new log in. [MENTION=4675]Frutos[/MENTION] dropped a big hint early on in the thread.

D

Deleted member 2719

What you and Lego do is provoke. Let’s take a look at Lego’s opening post, wasn’t in response to anyone else:

“ Bunch of weedy little snowflakes, man up and get on with the game. I'd be fuming if we walked off the pitch when leading a game thus forfeiting the result, I suspect many on here would also be but wouldn't admit it so will tow the 'woke' line.”

And just like you, types this shit, then claims people are ganging up on them. It’s idiotic and just sad that you play this everyone’s against you card when you do exactly the same thing.

I have never said everyone is against me; it's just the clicky few that hunt with the pack mentality. Yes, you are in there with the famous five, four now that are on the 'Harry button', and one exempt. I am happy to make you the fifth if you would prefer?

You can't help yourself, if someone sees a different perspective, they are either missing the point or an idiot and all the other names you can think of associated with dumbass.
Insulting and not needed.

This has ramped up ever since Brexit went through and the Labour took a hiding.

Accept defeat and move on to the next GE, the unwillingness to admit that people may just be right about things just fills your head full of spite.

Perhaps it's time to draw the line under this and just take understanding insulting people constantly is bullying; however you look at it.

Here's my offer of friendship.:kiss:

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I have never said everyone is against me; it's just the clicky few that hunt with the pack mentality. Yes, you are in there with the famous five, four now that are on the 'Harry button', and one exempt. I am happy to make you the fifth if you would prefer?

You can't help yourself, if someone sees a different perspective, they are either missing the point or an idiot and all the other names you can think of associated with dumbass.
Insulting and not needed.

This has ramped up ever since Brexit went through and the Labour took a hiding.

Accept defeat and move on to the next GE, the unwillingness to admit that people may just be right about things just fills your head full of spite.

Perhaps it's time to draw the line under this and just take understanding insulting people constantly is bullying; however you look at it.

Here's my offer of friendship.:kiss:

You’ve highlighted ‘types this shit’ and ‘idiotic’ like it’s a personal insult. Honestly I’m starting to think you are the most sensitive person on these boards. I know you like the Bear Pit, but maybe you need a Care Bear Pit?

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Do you always regurgitate the shit spouted by racist comedians!

I’m not sure if you’ve fully understood here, the entire stand up routine is sarcasm taking the mick out of that view, Stewart Lee is not a racist last time I checked.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here