Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sami Hyypia is the new boss at.......

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Your statement was "inheriting a team that made the play-off's"? Hardly we lost Ward, Upson, Kuz, Buckley, Orlandi, Slopez and not forgetting our only goal threat, Ulloa. It was a patched up team with 3 new strikers, 6 loanees, a bunch of strangers including the manager. Hyypia being blessed with a talented squad full of confidence is pure fiction.

Hyypia first 19 games =18 points
Hughtons last 19 games = 18 points

Nothing in it.

Hardly, with the exception of Ulloa, Ward and Upson, the others did not play regularly. Orlandi came in at the end of the season, Lopez was dropped and was a shadow of the player under Poyet, Buckley injured.

Stockdale for Kuczszak not much difference.

Leaving you with 16 players which is significant number. Baldock was confident from being leading scorer in league 1 and then wasn't played, so his confidence dropped.

Played Gardner weekly, when everyone could see he was shocking. He left out Ince.

The players lost confidence and were at a completely different place when Hughton came in.

I note you're yet to comment on the tactics.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Hardly, with the exception of Ulloa, Ward and Upson, the others did not play regularly. Orlandi came in at the end of the season, Lopez was dropped and was a shadow of the player under Poyet, Buckley injured.

Stockdale for Kuczszak not much difference.

Leaving you with 16 players which is significant number. Baldock was confident from being leading scorer in league 1 and then wasn't played, so his confidence dropped.

Played Gardner weekly, when everyone could see he was shocking. He left out Ince.

The players lost confidence and were at a completely different place when Hughton came in.

I note you're yet to comment on the tactics.

I really can't be bothered repeating myself on the points I have made in my previous posts because I completely disagree with your statement that Hyypia inherited a playoff squad high on confidence.

It's not even important enough to argue about it and I can see that we will go around in circles if we do.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I really can't be bothered repeating myself on the points I have made in my previous posts because I completely disagree with your statement that Hyypia inherited a playoff squad high on confidence.

It's not even important enough to argue about it and I can see that we will go around in circles if we do.

Fair enough. Hopefully we'll be celebrating at the end of the season or at the very least have mid table mediocrity. [emoji4]

strand

Jun 3, 2014
Oh dear Zurich 2-5 Luzern, you can tell SEMI is back as they SHIPPED 3 goals in the final 4 minutes to lose 5-2

Sami will take over Zürich August 31st, the assistant manager is in charge until then. So yesterday's defeat had nothing to do with Sami. They were also down to ten men the last 20 minutes.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Terrible manager. Not even fit to mange a club.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
As the only person in the World to play Kaz down the middle I think he should have given up on management as a bad job, maybe becoming a hat stand instead

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010

Havent seen all your earlier posts on this but from what I have seen would you REALLY want Sami back even with this squad? I wouldnt let him near it with a barge poll, even though his squad at the time was poorer

FCZ

Aug 21, 2015
Well, Saturday night was fun.

After a first half where FCZ dominated play ( 8 corners to 0, and double the shots on target ), the second half started with a goal for FCZ. Hurra!

Luzern then started playing, and scored 2 goals, the second of which ( on 73. min ) was a penalty, after a defender had handled the ball from a corner to stop a certain goal, and got red-carded.

FCZ surprisingly didn't collapse ( not just yet, anyway ) and fought back to get a deserved equaliser ( 84. mins ), but were then almost hilariously taken apart with 3 goals in the last 5 minutes.

A proper roller-coaster ride, with a hideously gory crash at the end.

NOT Sami's fault though!

He wasn't even in Switzerland, as he was helping his wife move house, as his family still live in England.

Truly Bizarre!

Now we're second from bottom, with no respite, as we have to play League Leaders FC Basel away this weekend before the International Break.
If results don't go our way, and Vaduz beat St. Gallen that weekend, we will be bottom.

So the only way is up when Sami starts! Hurra!*

♪ ♫ ♩ ♬ Oh Sami Sami! Sami Sami Sami Sami Hyypiä! ♪ ♫ ♩ ♬

*Or of course crash and burn, relegation, and the Club goes into liquidation.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Well, Saturday night was fun.

After a first half where FCZ dominated play ( 8 corners to 0, and double the shots on target ), the second half started with a goal for FCZ. Hurra!

Luzern then started playing, and scored 2 goals, the second of which ( on 73. min ) was a penalty, after a defender had handled the ball from a corner to stop a certain goal, and got red-carded.

FCZ surprisingly didn't collapse ( not just yet, anyway ) and fought back to get a deserved equaliser ( 84. mins ), but were then almost hilariously taken apart with 3 goals in the last 5 minutes.

A proper roller-coaster ride, with a hideously gory crash at the end.

NOT Sami's fault though!

He wasn't even in Switzerland, as he was helping his wife move house, as his family still live in England.

Truly Bizarre!

Now we're second from bottom, with no respite, as we have to play League Leaders FC Basel away this weekend before the International Break.
If results don't go our way, and Vaduz beat St. Gallen that weekend, we will be bottom.

So the only way is up when Sami starts! Hurra!*

♪ ♫ ♩ ♬ Oh Sami Sami! Sami Sami Sami Sami Hyypiä! ♪ ♫ ♩ ♬

*Or of course crash and burn, relegation, and the Club goes into liquidation.

Good luck, you will need lots of it!

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Havent seen all your earlier posts on this but from what I have seen would you REALLY want Sami back even with this squad? I wouldnt let him near it with a barge poll, even though his squad at the time was poorer

Do you REALLY think that writing in capital letters means that I have made that statement on here. Hughton has built his own squad, so why would I want any other manager to take it over?

I will only judge a manager based on having a strong squad. Even with Oscar people were moaning on here about his style being boring, and whilst it wasn't exciting, I was only going to judge his football once he was hands on in bringing his own players here and built his own team. Sami had a patched up weak squad with six loanees, and Hughton's last 19 games proved how poor we were using different tactics. 4 goals and 7 ponts in the last 12 games is nothing to triple somersault over. Any other season finishing on 46 points would have meant certain relegation.

It wasn't that long ago that posters on here were even praying that Rotherham got deducted points to help us stay up :facepalm: Obviously fueled by confidence in Hughton’s ability to save us ???

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Do you REALLY think that writing in capital letters means that I have made that statement on here. Hughton has built his own squad, so why would I want any other manager to take it over?

I will only judge a manager based on having a strong squad. Even with Oscar people were moaning on here about his style being boring, and whilst it wasn't exciting, I was only going to judge his football once he was hands on in bringing his own players here and built his own team. Sami had a patched up weak squad with six loanees, and Hughton's last 19 games proved how poor we were using different tactics. 4 goals and 7 ponts in the last 12 games is nothing to triple somersault over. Any other season finishing on 46 points would have meant certain relegation.

It wasn't that long ago that posters on here were even praying that Rotherham got deducted points to help us stay up :facepalm: Obviously fueled by confidence in Hughton’s ability to save us ???

Whatever. Your judgement is dubious but you are welcome to it

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Don't be daft, I'm the one who hasn't made a judgment and gave you my reasons why in my post. That's twice you have made false claims about my comments despite admitting you haven't read them all.

Haha, your funny. The point is football is a out judgements. You are saying you are not judging him, that the difference btw him and CH is the squad etc. interesting but shows poor judgement. As with Tony, i would have replaced. You would have had us in the division below.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Cling onto your sense of humour my friend.

He'll need it when he realises the fullbacks play on the half way line. (Haven't read the whole thread, so this may already have been mentioned)

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Haha, your funny. The point is football is a out judgements. You are saying you are not judging him, that the difference btw him and CH is the squad etc. interesting but shows poor judgement. As with Tony, i would have replaced. You would have had us in the division below.

What do you mean "As with Tony, you would have replaced"? Bloom refused to accept his resignation, wanted him to carry on, and went on holiday to Oz for Christmas.

It's a shame you can't get your facts right and need to twist the truth, so for that reason I'm out!

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
What do you mean "As with Tony, you would have replaced"? Bloom refused to accept his resignation, wanted him to carry on, and went on holiday to Oz for Christmas.

It's a shame you can't get your facts right and need to twist the truth, so for that reason I'm out!

His resignstion was accepted, unless youre saying he still works for the Albion? Agree youre out!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here