Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sam Morsy

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I must say he does like a 'player of the season' award!

Individual
Port Vale F.C. Youth Player of the Year: 2010
Port Vale F.C. Young Player of the Year: 2011
Chesterfield F.C. Player of the Year: 2013–14

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Ince is more than adequate at this level. But Holla just hasn't fit in, JFC isn't a defensive midfielder and Crofts is getting on and returning from two lengthy injury spells. A bit of depth couldn't hurt considering the amount of cards Kayal and Stephens are likely to pick up over the season.

Agree

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Luckily that Chesterfield fan has got it wrong. Or at least he's certainly not quoting the journo re the Stephens thing (a Derby fan put 2+2 together on the tweet thread.). In fact, Alan Nixon the original journo claimed that 'they were trying to tie him to a contract last week' to the Derby fan - I assume he means us. So nothing to see here re what the Chesterfield fan said. Hope that read OK as it's complicated :facepalm:

Come again :) Yep I see. Well my original Next signing to be today is looking ....well you know ???

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
If we want to play 4-4-2 we need more depth as JFC/Ince only really suited to 3 in the middle I think. Only real back up for 442 is Crofts and he's been out for a long time.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
I would say it's very astute from CH and the Club to ensure that we have enough depth in every department.

- Defence is sorted
- Midfield we thought was sorted however the Warsaw game proved that yes we have cover but it's not very good. I should imagine Holla is on his way back to Holland on a season long loan very soon - or contract mutually terminated. Ince seems to have gone backwards so that only leaves JFC and Crofts as someone else said, so yes we do actually need a bit more cover. Especially if Stephens does leave.
- Attack needs the most work - A permanent and a couple of season long loans from the Prem I should imagine.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would think that it will be a replacement for Ince if anybody as despite what people on here say he hasnt pushed on for a regular spot and is probably only seen as a stop gap not competition for any of our midfielders. A lot of hype but no substance unfortunately. He would be a regular in a division 2 side. He is nearly 23 so should be in serious regular 1st team contention if he is ever going to be.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I would say it's very astute from CH and the Club to ensure that we have enough depth in every department.

- Defence is sorted
- Midfield we thought was sorted however the Warsaw game proved that yes we have cover but it's not very good. I should imagine Holla is on his way back to Holland on a season long loan very soon - or contract mutually terminated. Ince seems to have gone backwards so that only leaves JFC and Crofts as someone else said, so yes we do actually need a bit more cover. Especially if Stephens does leave.
- Attack needs the most work - A permanent and a couple of season long loans from the Prem I should imagine.

Agree except for the "defence is sorted". We have only one left back in the squad (bearing in mind Chicksen wasn't rated enough to beat right footed Calde to the spot at Walsall)

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Agree except for the "defence is sorted". We have only one left back in the squad (bearing in mind Chicksen wasn't rated enough to beat right footed Calde to the spot at Walsall)

Bong
Rosenoir
Calde/Bruno/Chicksen

I think we'll be okay. Rosenoir is very comfortable there and Calde, Bruno or Chicksen (If he doesnt go) could fill in as third choice.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Defence wasn't sorted very well when Duffy crept in and should have equalised for Blackburn.

A bit of a defeciency in defensive midfield as well.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Defence wasn't sorted very well when Duffy crept in and should have equalised for Blackburn.

A bit of a defeciency in defensive midfield as well.

Your spot on, we clearly need new defenders and midfielders everytime a side nearly scores against us...

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
I must say he does like a 'player of the season' award!

Individual
Port Vale F.C. Youth Player of the Year: 2010
Port Vale F.C. Young Player of the Year: 2011
Chesterfield F.C. Player of the Year: 2013–14

We won't look at a CV these days unless it's littered with Player of the Season awards

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Wouldn't Chicksen have been suspended as he got sent off in an under 21 game last week?

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Ive heard the bid is nearer the £1million mark

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Wouldn't Chicksen have been suspended as he got sent off in an under 21 game last week?

He was on the bench v Warsaw so I hope not!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

No. Sending off at DS level doesn't count at first team level. As Sheebo says, he was on the bench behind Calde as third choice left back.

= not going to make it

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
No. Sending off at DS level doesn't count at first team level. As Sheebo says, he was on the bench behind Calde as third choice left back.

= not going to make it

Fair enough, Calde is well past his sell by date at this level so doesn't look good for Chicksen then,

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here