Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sam Morsy

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
23 years old, right footed. I thiink we could use a defensive midfielder/playmaker from deep.

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
If we are looking for a replacement for Stephens would rather we went for Bradley Dack from the Gills. Hope Stephens isn't going though.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
My guess ( for no reason ) is that a bid has come in for Ince, and we are cashing in as he only has 1 more year left on his contract.
I heard (completely unsubstantiated) rumours that Ince's attitude in training is what has prevented him holding down a place under three successive managers despite looking the business on the pitch.

Most likely absolute nonsense though, but if true then it wouldn't shock me if we did accept a bid.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I heard (completely unsubstantiated) rumours that Ince's attitude in training is what has prevented him holding down a place under three successive managers despite looking the business on the pitch.

Most likely absolute nonsense though, but if true then it wouldn't shock me if we did accept a bid.

Interesting. I heard the same thing from two different people, neither of whom post on here.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Replacement for Stephens? Or back up should Kayal or Stevens get injured (maybe Hughton decided neither of the three midfielders playing last might were adequate).

So the guy they are referring to as being a very reliable source stating we are seeing Morsy as a possible replacement for Stephens...Hmmmmmm interesting

I'd be very disappointed if we sell Stephens to Derby, hopefully this is a more guesswork than fact.

I'm not convinced Morsy is a like-for-like midfielder either, sounds more like a player who'd replace Ince ( but that is guesswork as well ).

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
I'd be very disappointed if we sell Stephens to Derby, hopefully this is a more guesswork than fact.

I'm not convinced Morsy is a like-for-like midfielder either, sounds more like a player who'd replace Ince ( but that is guesswork as well ).

Yes agree with that. Unless we see Morsy easily adaptable to Stephens current role or that were possibly losing more than one player

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells

He didn't look the business for the 2nd Walsall goal, he didn't get close enough initially and then didn't track the fella who scored. I'm actually hugely disappointed in his lack of progression and I'll stick my head above the parapet and say I don't think he's good enough.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Seen as a contract extension has yet to be announced for Ince, It would make sense that we sell now if he isnt getting offered a new deal/or he does not want to sign one.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove

I've been told similar. Also heard him described as "incredibly thick".

Pretty certain Dale wouldn't leave through choice. Imagine we're just enquiring about this guy in case an offer for Stephens or Kayal comes in that is too much to turn down. Both cost under a million, after all.

Last edited:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
So the guy they are referring to as being a very reliable source stating we are seeing Morsy as a possible replacement for Stephens...Hmmmmmm interesting

If we are looking for a replacement for Stephens would rather we went for Bradley Dack from the Gills. Hope Stephens isn't going though.

Yes agree with that. Unless we see Morsy easily adaptable to Stephens current role or that were possibly losing more than one player

Luckily that Chesterfield fan has got it wrong. Or at least he's certainly not quoting the journo re the Stephens thing (a Derby fan put 2+2 together on the tweet thread.). In fact, Alan Nixon the original journo claimed that 'they were trying to tie him to a contract last week' to the Derby fan - I assume he means us. So nothing to see here re what the Chesterfield fan said. Hope that read OK as it's complicated :facepalm:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
In fact the tweet 'they were trying to tie him to a contract last week' is probably re Chesterfield and Sam Morsy - either way that Chesterfield fan has completely misquoted from what I see...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here