Safe Standing – YES – Poster for Sat 15 Oct v Preston. Show your support.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
That is your perogative as it is all about opinions and just as an extra I do not believe beer should be available on the concourses only cold soft drinks and hot drinks but that is another point.
Why is that? The threat of Hooliganism?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
That is your perogative as it is all about opinions and just as an extra I do not believe beer should be available on the concourses only cold soft drinks and hot drinks but that is another point.

is that just football stadiums or all sports stadiums

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I do not believe that supporters have to stand to enjoy the match in the same way that I dont think they need alcohol. I may well have missed it being changed but I am sure that it is still an offense to attend a sports venue having consumed alcohol and the law has never been recinded.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I may well have missed it being changed but I am sure that it is still an offense to attend a sports venue having consumed alcohol and the law has never been recinded.

If that is the case then #BarberOut as it's been served at the Amex from day 1.

Just as well you weren't at the stadium when the rugby World Cup matches were played there too.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Me too. We are all able to do that on the concourses, before or after the game, or of course at half-time, so is it vital that people have to drink during the course of a game as well?

It's about pre game, HT and post game. Not about bars remaining open. They can still close the bars during the game. The point is, why can't I buy a pint at half time and then go and sit in my seat and drink it during the 2nd half? In principle it's no different to a tea, coffee or bringing any other drink to your seat.
I also don't understand why you would not support safe standing, as you have said earlier on in this thread. How can anybody be against something that does not affect them? If some people want to stand they can stand in the allocated safe standing area at the AMEX leaving the rest of us that do not want to stand to sit without somebody blocking our view. I honestly cannot get my head around why anybody anywhere would be against the introduction of safe standing.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I do not believe that supporters have to stand to enjoy the match in the same way that I dont think they need alcohol. I may well have missed it being changed but I am sure that it is still an offense to attend a sports venue having consumed alcohol and the law has never been recinded.

Is that the same as the fact we all have to attend the local village green and practice our archery every third sunday of the month?

I think the police/stewards have the right to refuse you entry if you have drunk to excess but there is no rule preventing you from turning up to a match having drunk alcohol. You can't however drink it within sight of the pitch during the match.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Is that the same as the fact we all have to attend the local village green and practice our archery every third sunday of the month?

I think the police/stewards have the right to refuse you entry if you have drunk to excess but there is no rule preventing you from turning up to a match having drunk alcohol. You can't however drink it within sight of the pitch during the match.

This is the draconian law that needs to be withdrawn.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
My 3 sons went to a game I think it was Crewe and all being good pool players cleaned up in the local pubs which upset the locals and walking to the ground they were arrested for trying to enter a sports stadium having consumed alcohol. They were told by the BHA pc it was a seldom used offense so they pleaded guilty and received a conditional discharge with no mention of a ban as neither the club nor Sussex Police requested it.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Has anyone ever seen the never wrong 70 year old with an outdated outlook on life, who's currently running for President and BG in the same room, together?

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Total waste of time and effort, the club have already said they are going to engage with fans about safe standing.

And for that reason..... IM OUT.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I used to be in the North at the Goldstone in my early 20s, loved everything about standing and the atmos you could get. Now, at the Amex, I must admit I've got used to my comfy seat, but having the option to occasionally stand (officially) is quite appealing. I would support a move to add standing, but I'm not overly fussed.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
For me it's about choice and safety. At the moment was have unsafe standing going on and sort of semi tolerated. Safe standing will end this unsafe, unfair situation. It will improve the choice of how you watch the game, improve safety and not to mention improve the atmosphere! What's not to like?

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Total waste of time and effort, the club have already said they are going to engage with fans about safe standing.

And for that reason..... IM OUT.

I don't agree, consulting with fans is one thing, but a demonstration to actually show how many support it would be an extra bonus.
It would be better if the leaflets were given out as I can see many not being arsed to print it. Thus giving the impression only a minority support it. Print at home may fail.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market

Oustanding - a licencee who has no idea about the UK licening laws, nor cultural behaviour.

Carry on, Brian - you're way out there today.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Oustanding - a licencee who has no idea about the UK licening laws, nor cultural behaviour.

Carry on, Brian - you're way out there today.

Laws change and I retired in 2001 some 15 years ago and my personal licence ran out in 2003 so I have no need to be up on the latest law changes but having said that I have never read anything about that law being changed. It may well have been.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports