Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Safe Standing – YES – Poster for Sat 15 Oct v Preston. Show your support.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Whilst I think most would be able to drink whilst watching the game I fear there would be a minority that would ruin it. As for smoking, let's not even go there. A massive backward step if it happened.
I love drinking beer at football, but the thought of it flying through the air during goal celebrations doesn't convince me that it's a great idea to allow it in the seats.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I have absolutely no problem with safe standing as long as it does not obscure the view of those wishing to remain seated.

coagulantwolf

Jun 21, 2012
I don't get these people that say 'I don't want to stand so I won't support it'. No one here is advocating turning the whole stadium in to standing, they just want to give a small section of the stadium to safe standing. I don't see why you wouldn't support that :shrug:

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I didn't realise the club had made a statement on it. Really really pleased about that!

I don't see the need for a show of support to be honest, the club are already engaged. They WILL listen. My gut feeling is that if the cost isn't excessive, Tony would go for this sort of thing.

A nice standing area in the centre of the north would be amazing. :albion:

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I have absolutely no problem with safe standing as long as it does not obscure the view of those wishing to remain seated.

In a nutshell. Pop a bank of safe standing at the rear of the North Stand and you're away. Those that wish to stand to can. Those that wish to sit, even in the North Stand, would still be able to do so and would be placed in front of the standees. I'm sure there are many reasons why this simplistic solution won't work but I'm sure that the club would have the means to come up with a workable solution if it ever came to pass.

Either way, I'd love to stand again.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I'm too busy saving up my protest for the Bringing a Pint to your seat campaign.

But good luck.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton

That's why corners seem likely. Barber mentioned sight lines in his video and how it can be tricky to get that right.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
I for one 1 would not like the return of standing as I prefer seating provided everybody sits in their seats. Probably an age things but I would not support standing.

I, too, am of an age that means I much prefer to sit, but I find your views on safe standing to be arrogant and selfish.

I wouldn't use it but I wholeheartedly support the introduction of safe standing. I would also support the lifting of the ban on alcohol in the stands ... as long as those brain-dead morons who abuse it are banned for life and receive heavy fines.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I love drinking beer at football, but the thought of it flying through the air during goal celebrations doesn't convince me that it's a great idea to allow it in the seats.

Me too. We are all able to do that on the concourses, before or after the game, or of course at half-time, so is it vital that people have to drink during the course of a game as well?

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
In a nutshell. Pop a bank of safe standing at the rear of the North Stand and you're away. Those that wish to stand to can. Those that wish to sit, even in the North Stand, would still be able to do so and would be placed in front of the standees. I'm sure there are many reasons why this simplistic solution won't work but I'm sure that the club would have the means to come up with a workable solution if it ever came to pass.

Either way, I'd love to stand again.

A few rows of safe standing at the back of the North Stand would be pointless, as everyone stands there anyway.

The point is to be able to have the whole stand, or atleast the marority of the stand, standing.

At the end of the day it will be down to demand. If there is a large amount of people that want to stand and a smaller amount that what to sit, then maybe having 4 or so rows of seats at the front and the rest for standing would be workable.

It seems unlikely, but if the whole of the stand had the 1.5 for 1 safe standing system, then it could hold about 6,000, as it currently holds about 4,500.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Like a rock gig, football was better in the days of open terraces and a crowd baying and swaying ( ah, the memories of youth!)
Is safe standing going to be like that? I don't fancy standing in a pen unable get away from the tall bloke in front of me... In the pics I have seen, It looks like allocated places fixed but without a seat
Still, try it ... I won't knock it until I have tried it

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
New hosts equal a new and improved BG algorithm.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
It's not an age thing, it's something else about you.

I won't be standing, but it's important to me that others can, to create a better atmosphere.

Outrageous. Do you know how difficult it would be to post the names of random players we should be signing during matches at the Albion if you had to stand?

Selfish, selfish selfish attitude of yours, HANG YOUR HEAD IN SHAME.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I wont support it because I see no justification in standing areas. It will take us back to the dark hooligan days over a period of time in my opinion, so I say do not allow it. It was abolished for a reason.
I don't agree with anything you've said.

:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here