[Albion] Sadly Our Starting Eleven Just Looks Like Relegation Fodder

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
There are 3 types of posters on here. The ones who post mostly when we are playing well and they go completely over the top with their praise and expectations.
There are others who for want of a better description are unable to have a dry night when we are beaten by a better team.

Then there is the third group.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Just dreadful.

Q How do you progess from being EPL cannon fodderand just clinging on in there for another season or two?

A Pay market prices. Or fold :shrug:

I did think you were looking extremely foolish, Tom. I thought that maybe, given the performance, you had started drinking very early.

Luckily enough [MENTION=663]portlock seagull[/MENTION] came along to dig you out and made you look quite considered :lolol:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Just dreadful.

Q How do you progess from being EPL cannon fodderand just clinging on in there for another season or two?

A Pay market prices. Or fold :shrug:

As a point of interest and completely OTT who is your Scottish team?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I did think you were looking extremely foolish, Tom.

Luckily enough [MENTION=663]portlock seagull[/MENTION] came along to dig you out :lolol:

You can Foxtrot too! :bigwave: Unless you’re another whose going to defend our away record at such places in the face of facts. In which case I’ve already awarded two donuts...and your mum ate the other four when I was round there earlier :kiss:

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Feel we've started the season well despite conceding more set piece goals than we should have. Let's stop shipping as many goals please, Dunk needs to find his top form.

We'll be fine if we tighten up at the back.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
West Brom beat Fergies all conquering Utd at OT...just saying! Think Palace have beaten Liverpool at Anfield a couple of times recently too. If we drift into cup games, Bradford stuffed Chelsea at Stamford Bridge when they were in the 3rd tier too! Nah, our away record at such places isn’t great. I’m not that upset by that though. What irritates is the continued rose tinted witterings from the excuse brigade that get trotted out again and again after such games in the face of a near constant or stark reality. We were bloody poor today, have a poor record at Goodison and it’s about time we started getting something out of such fixtures as other #teamslikebrighton have. It can be done. I expect and demand better.

You want a team that can occasionally get something out of difficult away fixtures? Yeah, that can be done, but I want more than that, I want a team thats consistently competing in every single one of these fixtures. How to do it..? Hmm I might start a thread to ponder it..

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I dont think we were as good as people were saying earlier and not as bad now - we have improved on last season but the fixtures during first month have been tough.

The part we really need to sort is defending set pieces. If we sort that out we will be fine.

The most sensible post on this entire thread. I agree 100%. Defensive errors on set pieces spoiled today’s game. Without those silly mistakes it would’ve been a 2-2 draw.

THPP, you’re a good mate but you’re wrong.

Green Gull

Feb 25, 2018
Can't believe what I'm reading. We've had a really tough start & played very well in 3 of our 4 league games. Could've put 5 or 6 in against Utd last week on another day, we stuffed Newcastle & deserved at least a draw against Chelsea. Today was poor but we played another very good side in form.

If we'd had an opening 4 games of Newcastle, Burnley, Fulham West Brom etc, it's not inconceivable that we'd quite possibly have 10-12pts.

It's the premier League & we are going to lose games regularly against these top sides, even if we play well. How many points were we expecting in the first 4 games? I'd say 4-5 at best so we we are about where we should be.

Should of beat Utd last week so that would of been 6pts, we didn't & got shafted so move on. I'm pretty happy with the start we've made performance wise. I'd be more concerned if we performed poorly every week which isn't the case, far from it.

Ridiculous to start wetting the bed after an opening 4 games which included Man Utd, Chelsea & a rejuvenated Everton side with world class players & manager.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Green Gull

Feb 25, 2018
Can't believe what I'm reading. We've had a really tough start & played very well in 3 of our 4 league games. Could've put 5 or 6 in against Utd last week on another day, we stuffed Newcastle & deserved at least a draw against Chelsea. Today was poor but we played another very good side in form.

If we'd had an opening 4 games of Newcastle, Burnley, Fulham West Brom etc, it's not inconceivable that we'd quite possibly have 10-12pts.

It's the premier League & we are going to lose games regularly against these top sides, even if we play well. How many points were we expecting in the first 4 games? I'd say 4-5 at best so we we are about where we should be.

Should of beat Utd last week so that would of been 6pts, we didn't & got shafted so move on. I'm pretty happy with the start we've made performance wise. I'd be more concerned if we performed poorly every week which isn't the case, far from it.

Ridiculous to start wetting the bed after an opening 4 games which included Man Utd, Chelsea & a rejuvenated Everton side with world class players & manager.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
You can Foxtrot too! :bigwave: Unless you’re another whose going to defend our away record at such places in the face of facts. In which case I’ve already awarded two donuts...and your mum ate the other four when I was round there earlier :kiss:

If you have to buy a doughnut (sic) for everyone who thinks you're an idiot, maybe you should start negotiating a volume discount now :facepalm:

..... unless you're actually American, in which case all has become clear :lolol:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
If you have to buy a doughnut (sic) for everyone who thinks you're an idiot, maybe you should start negotiating a volume discount now :facepalm:

..... unless you're actually American, in which case all has become clear :lolol:

Racist as well as unfunny. :ban:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
You want a team that can occasionally get something out of difficult away fixtures? Yeah, that can be done, but I want more than that, I want a team thats consistently competing in every single one of these fixtures. How to do it..? Hmm I might start a thread to ponder it..

Think my bridge comes before yours though. But yes, that would be nice.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Was it vital that you let NSC know that you've placed a poster on the ignore list?

:shrug:

If you don't like what anyone says, just ignore it.

Very true. He's so wrapped up in his own importance he thinks people give a shit .Very odd. The funny thing is, he can't stop posting on the thread started by the person he is ignoring.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Right let’s think, we’ve played...

Chelsea - top 6 side
Man Utd - top 6 side
Everton - current league leaders
Newcastle

So we have only played one side that is really on a par with us - clearly also, with no crowds the home/away factor has no bearing when playing top 6 sides...

There clearly are some problems defensively, but it’s a little bit early for all the bed wetting, isn’t it?

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Very true. He's so wrapped up in his own importance he thinks people give a shit .Very odd. The funny thing is, he can'ti stop posting on the thread started by the person he is ignoring.

OK, I'll take him off my ignore list, you're right, I'm just one irrelevant bloke. Just hate it when I see someone spew so much bile about the club I love, it's not what I come here for

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
What lies? I’ve remarked about how we never get a result at a number of places by comparison to other teams like us. Go read the record books if you don’t believe me. When something is a historical fact it’s called the truth. As opposed to a lie. Unless you’re Donald trump. And frankly, you’re sounding a bit like on this thread so go and lie down (see what I did there? Nah, you probably didn’t...)

Our first loss away in 2020 and it was at Goodison, to a team in form. A ground we’ve never won at.
Forgive me if I don’t throw myself on the ground weeping wildly.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
OK, I'll take him off my ignore list, you're right, I'm just one irrelevant bloke. Just hate it when I see someone spew so much bile about the club I love, it's not what I come here for

Bile? Get a grip.
If I didn’t read any posts with fans moaning after an Albion defeat I would think there is something wrong with our support :lolol::lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports