Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Russia invades Ukraine (24/02/2022)

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Maybe linked to this from The Guardian.....

Russia has relieved Gen Sergei Surovikin of his command of the Russian aerospace forces, in the highest-level sacking yet of a military commander after Yevgeny Prigozhin’s abortive mutiny in June.

The extended absence and now removal of Surovikin, a prominent commander, indicates the shock waves sent through the military establishment after Prigozhin’s armed uprising. He sent thousands of troops to seize a military headquarters in the city of Rostov-on-Don and tried to march on Moscow to protest against the dismantling of his Wagner private military company.

Prigozhin’s public support for Surovikin, who was seen as an ally of the Wagner militia in the Russian defence ministry, had raised questions of whether he or other senior commanders had aided the mutiny, or at least had prior knowledge of Prigozhin’s plans.

You can read Andrew Roth and Ptojr Sauer’s full report below.

Russia removes Sergei Surovikin as head of aerospace forces

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Maybe linked to this from The Guardian.....

Russia has relieved Gen Sergei Surovikin of his command of the Russian aerospace forces, in the highest-level sacking yet of a military commander after Yevgeny Prigozhin’s abortive mutiny in June.

The extended absence and now removal of Surovikin, a prominent commander, indicates the shock waves sent through the military establishment after Prigozhin’s armed uprising. He sent thousands of troops to seize a military headquarters in the city of Rostov-on-Don and tried to march on Moscow to protest against the dismantling of his Wagner private military company.

Prigozhin’s public support for Surovikin, who was seen as an ally of the Wagner militia in the Russian defence ministry, had raised questions of whether he or other senior commanders had aided the mutiny, or at least had prior knowledge of Prigozhin’s plans.

You can read Andrew Roth and Ptojr Sauer’s full report below.

Russia removes Sergei Surovikin as head of aerospace forces
Surovikin could have an accident soon...

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I'm surprised he didn't move somewhere a long way from Russia. I thought the same with Saddam and Gadaffi when it was obvious what the ending would be.
The other 9 people onboard, I would have decided not to take that flight.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
IMG_0127.jpeg

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
I don't think there's proof Prigozhin was on it??? maybe he wants to disappear
(Conspiracy theory number 1)
Replace Prigozhin with Putin, and would you believe Putin had died in that crash?
No? So why would you accept Russian news that Prigozhin has died?

This could be a dress rehearsal for the main event, to be filmed and confirmed on a Russian state TV station near you shortly.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I don't think there's proof Prigozhin was on it??? maybe he wants to disappear
(Conspiracy theory number 1)
Anyone who crosses Putin does not get forgiven do they? Biggest betrayal ever for him, can’t see Prigozhin having a cat in hell’s chance of dying of old age :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here