Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Russia invades Ukraine (24/02/2022)

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Ukrainain news.

Their SBU (equiv our MI6) has just reported they have intelligence Russia will turn their rockets on Russia, and try and claim its Ukraine and therefore justify a full war.

Flase flag on their own citizens, theyve got plenty of previous.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
fckptn_sq__40929.1646309349.jpg

https://weare1of100.co.uk/clothing/all-t-shirts/t-shirts/fckptn/

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
It's bad enough trying to find the truth of what is happening in Ukraine without the British Government adding to the lies of war :rolleyes:

Sanctions on Russia: Did the UK sanction 100 people last week?

At Prime Minister's Questions, Boris Johnson told MPs the actions the UK had taken in response to the invasion of Ukraine "are having an effect in Moscow". He said the UK had sanctioned "275 individuals already, a further 100 last week, the impact is being felt".

Mr Johnson has referred to the 100 figure several times in the past week. But when Reality Check asked for the names of the 100, the government could not provide them and said: "We'll let you know as soon as we have further details to add." Instead, it sent a list of every person and company currently sanctioned by the UK, including people from Iran and North Korea. It shows that 15 individuals have been sanctioned in the past week.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/60591547

In the words of Bob Geldof, Get the f***ing Sanctions done NOW. They are being proven to work and there is absolutely no excuse for delaying them while people are dying.

Will Johnson ever tell us why he has avoided imposing sanctions on Abramovich? If he doesn't, then we must draw our own conclusions.

Here'sWally

Sep 27, 2021
Correct. Russia have already invaded the part of Moldova that they call Transnistria, so how can they invade it again?

P.S. Why are you being so defensive? (I'm not arguing, I'm not saying etc).

I guess I was just anticipating a hostile response to posting that.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Surely, when western-based shops and services start closing all over Russia (H&M etc etc), people will start to wonder
what the hell is going on. I want to see McDonalds close all its outlets in Russia now. It's a minor thing, but it will make
people think.

It is a franchised business, which makes it a little more difficult, it would be breaking terms with it's franchisees.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Ukrainain news.

Their SBU (equiv our MI6) has just reported they have intelligence Russia will turn their rockets on Russia, and try and claim its Ukraine and therefore justify a full war.

Flatten Kiev or start a world war?

In fairness, if Putin wants a World War he can just launch missiles, why would he need an alleged pretext? Who is gonna pull him up on it afterwards?

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Using the wrong "your", "there" or "could of" is absolutely basic stuff isn't it. It's usually Brexiteers too isn't it? So patriotic that they can't be arsed with spelling the language properly.

I'd be embarrassed if my kids had been making these mistakes beyond the age of about six.

I agree with just about everything you have posted on this thread but now you have gone and spoiled it all but bringing Brexit into the argument. Why?

I voted for Brexit but I always try to use the correct spelling / grammar in all of my written communications. Just because you personally disagree with my decision, don't just assume that I am uneducated or thick. It just undermines all the great stuff you post.

So no more Brexit jibes on this thread - please! We don't want it ending up in the Bear Pit (where there are plenty of threads if you want to throw abuse at Brexit voters)

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I hate this government, I hate Brexit, I'm not a fan of poor grammar.

But we need to keep our feelings to one side.

What is happening in Ukraine transcends everything so if it's not directly relevant, let's keep the thread on track

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Ukrainain news.

Yes. I'm reading now that Russians are starting to leave before Putin imposes martial law in Russia when they'll no longer be able to.

The False Flag will be the pretext.

The Russian people are just as much the victim - but they still will have the power to topple the dictator.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Looks like the Russians are really pushing the boundaries. Two separate reports today of neutral flagged ships being damaged / sunk, with injured / dead crew as a result.

First I saw was a Bangladeshi vessel hit by a missile. Most recent is a Panama-flagged ship of Estonian origins having been sunk, while the Russians attempted to use it as a "shield" for an amphibious landing near Odessa. 4 crew missing according to the Guardian.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Yes. I'm reading now that Russians are starting to leave before Putin imposes martial law in Russia when they'll no longer be able to.

The False Flag will be the pretext.

The Russian people are just as much the victim - but they still will have the power to topple the dictator.

Martial law to stop protestors?, or to stop the genius Ukrainians who said mothers of Soldiers can come to Ukraine to collect their sons and see with their own eyes what Putin has done.

Hes terrified of both

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Martial law to stop protestors?, or to stop the genius Ukrainians who said mothers of Soldiers can come to Ukraine to collect their sons and see with their own eyes what Putin has done.

Hes terrified of both

if word could get around that all mothers who have sons in the army can come and collect their sons, that would be ever
so dangerous of course, but pure genius as you say.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Using the wrong "your", "there" or "could of" is absolutely basic stuff isn't it. It's usually Brexiteers too isn't it? So patriotic that they can't be arsed with spelling the language properly.

I'd be embarrassed if my kids had been making these mistakes beyond the age of about six.

Give it a rest. This is a thread about people dying in a war. Save your prejudices for like minded people in the Bear Pit.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011

I used to work with someone who would use " your " when they meant " you'll "

Now, in their defence, sometimes when you say " you'll " it could be heard as " your " but when you write it down like that. And then send it out to people in e-mails. In your mid-twenties. Nah, not having that.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
there are different legal systems though. abroad they may (or may not, we'll see) be able to legally seize anyones property on the say so of a government official, with varying levels of evidence. apparently we dont let our ministers do this. i kinda find it uncomfortable that so many people want this to be possible, because its not the sort of thing we normally accept. too easy to dismiss this as anything else, it could be, or could be just our legal process. its going to be awkward down the road if a bunch of sanctioned persons are sueing for compensation from governments.

I agree to a point, however, if Owen Patterson is in the shit they act pretty quickly to change the law, if Boris wants a party, sod the law, if it suits UK better to break agreements with the EU, stuff international law.
Where there is a will to do something, it can be made to happen. It is the lack of will that is preventing action, and the lack of will looks bad if your Party receives considerable funding from those sources.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I can only see this going one of two ways : Putin gets overthrown or we end up in a full-on Russia v NATO war (which will probably see nukes used on European soil).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here