Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Russia invades Ukraine (24/02/2022)

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
I’m just boarding a BA from Dubai to LHR now. Running about 3.5 hrs late. Seems like they’re starting to sort things out, but have clearly had major problems over the last 24hrs - not sure if it is a cyber attack or just a routine snarl-up.

It’s BA - not sure a cyber attack would make much difference to their horrendous customer service.

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
why are you on about "families, towns and communities", it doesn't seem to make any sense?

We were discussing people's motives for defending their country in WW2. I maintained that it wan't so much because the leadership of the time told us to, more that people were more motivated by other factors.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Stop trying to score points you idiot. Maybe the UK will, maybe it is a ‘look at me’ moment from elsewhere. Whatever it is, it is time to unite against a facist cxxt, namely Putin.

the british conservative and union party are on the kremlin pay roll, it's all related; you're the one point scoring because you don't want your side to be found to be complicit

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
We were discussing people's motives for defending their country in WW2. I maintained that it wan't so much because the leadership of the time told us to, more that people were more motivated by other factors.

i can't remember who said it but, the past is a foreign country.

futile exercise, dragging up WWII

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Can we please leave the above stuff out of this thread? Pretty please?
It's a distraction, as there's a lot of interesting and informative posts here, which I actually find helpful. Thanks.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Astonishes me that people are debating party politics when we are on the brink of a third world war. I get the strong feeling that people don't realise how incredibly serious this situation is.

Russia has 6200 nuclear warheads, more than the UK (255), France (500) and US (3750) combined.

If push comes to shove, this won't be "good old Tommy's going off to liberate Ukraine", this could be instant and complete annihilation of the entirety of Europe.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Stop trying to score points you idiot. Maybe the UK will, maybe it is a ‘look at me’ moment from elsewhere. Whatever it is, it is time to unite against a facist cxxt, namely Putin.

What on earth does that mean? Are you accusing countries that are accepting refugees of doing so as some kind of vanity project?? And in the next breath, with no apparent irony, you say it's time to unite against Putin?? How should we do that then? Is enabling refugees' safe passage not one of the very best things we can do??

Unbelievable.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Astonishes me that people are debating party politics when we are on the brink of a third world war. I get the strong feeling that people don't realise how incredibly serious this situation is.

Russia has 6200 nuclear warheads, more than the UK (255), France (500) and US (3750) combined.

If push comes to shove, this won't be "good old Tommy's going off to liberate Ukraine", this could be instant and complete annihilation of the entirety of Europe.

More likely the entirety of the world, if it kicks off.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I'm certainly not proud of my country and definitely wouldn't fight for it, its mostly full of selfish w@nkers

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk
I get your point and the worst people of our nation have some of the loudest mouths.

But there is a lot of the quieter good.

At the end of the day this island would be sealed off and, well, in that case you might as well grab the gun.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I get your point and the worst people of our nation have some of the loudest mouths.

But there is a lot of the quieter good.

At the end of the day this island would be sealed off and, well, in that case you might as well grab the gun.

If it kicks off nobody will be grabbing anything. A flash of light and instant incineration - if you're lucky. Otherwise a slow, brutal death from radiation poisoning and catastrophic burn trauma.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Women in Dnipro have been making Molotov cocktails, using polystyrene and used beer bottles, which they can use against Russian forces.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
You’re right. They would be bloody useless. Luckily though there are plenty of others not in that category. Sky are currently showing people making Molotov cocktails in the streets of Kiev. Even I could do that and would.

I would be shit scared, but I would too. There is honour in fighting for your nation. If a fascist dictator tried to invade Sussex/England youd bet id fight. take 2 before getting shot so be it.

fwiw could the military hand out grenades?. Pull pin and luzz. Anyone could do that from their balconies as long as sure it was the Russians.

Russconha

Jul 8, 2012
Littlehampton
269853602_10224147038196804_220898004455234961_n.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here